Will we sign anyone?

Toon_Man

Guess we will see how big his balls are?

The size of peas.

Ashley has saved his career from going down the toilet and given him a bigger job than he could have dreamt of since his West Ham days. I doubt he's going to kick off over getting no transfer money in January. He's already making noises about how the squad is better than he thought, to me that says he's resigned to the status quo. If some money is found I reckon Pardew will be one of the last to know about it.

Basically Ashley could whack it up his rear end with no lube and Pardew will thank him for it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some bog roll is needed before yous sign anyone. Ashleys that skint hes using the Newcastle Chronicle as bog roll ffs. Joey Bartons got cuts on his arse hes shitting blood for fuck sake.

It's so pathetic it's funny :(

I think that every time he post, so stupid and unfunny, it must be an elaborate joke.

Guess we will see how big his balls are?

The size of peas.

Ashley has saved his career from going down the toilet and given him a bigger job than he could have dreamt of since his West Ham days. I doubt he's going to kick off over getting no transfer money in January. He's already making noises about how the squad is better than he thought, to me that says he's resigned to the status quo. If some money is found I reckon Pardew will be one of the last to know about it.

Basically Ashley could whack it up his rear end with no lube and Pardew will thank him for it.

Also, he got a 5.5 year deal but you'd have to imagine there are several clauses in that re: paying (or rather not paying) up his contract should he be dismissed. Anyway, you can tell by the players we've gone for (loan moves and players nearly out of contract) that there is a lot of money available. I'm not too arsed tbh but I'll be canny gutted if we don't build on this decent foundation come the summer. That's with the proviso Carroll's injury isn't too bad though.

Ashley probably thinks that, as the summer's signings might actually be able to play for us after January, we won't notice that he didn't bring anyone new in.

This whole situation seems to be just another Ashley smokescreen. Pardew is making the noises for the press, but when it comes down to it, I can't see anyone new coming in. Parew probably knows it as well and is deflecting the anger and disappointment until the end of the window.

Seems insane that he is loaning out the likes of Routledge and Donaldson at this stage in the season, without bringing anyone in. Routledge may not be the greatest winger, but he is the only right winger we have, and we hold our shape better when he is in the team. Barton tends to drift into the middle quite a bit, leaving Simpson exposed.

We have needed cover for Left Back for about 3 years now. Our current strikeforce of Shola, Ranger, Lovenkrantz and Best is hardly awe inspiring now Carroll is out injured. Danny Simpson is a long way from being a good right back and is only in the team because he's a damn sight better than James Perch. Our midfield consists of 1 winger (Jonas) and Nolan, Tiote, Guthrie, Barton, Gosling and Ben Arfa who are all central midfielders.

Any fool can see that the squad is badly unbalanced and lacks a hell of a lot of quality in key area's, so why can't Ashley?

At least Alan Smith is injured for the rest of the season. Not having him play when Tiote is suspended is almost like having an extra man on the pitch, even if that man is Danny Guthrie

Ashley probably thinks that, as the summer's signings might actually be able to play for us after January, we won't notice that he didn't bring anyone new in.

This whole situation seems to be just another Ashley smokescreen. Pardew is making the noises for the press, but when it comes down to it, I can't see anyone new coming in. Parew probably knows it as well and is deflecting the anger and disappointment until the end of the window.

Seems insane that he is loaning out the likes of Routledge and Donaldson at this stage in the season, without bringing anyone in. Routledge may not be the greatest winger, but he is the only right winger we have, and we hold our shape better when he is in the team. Barton tends to drift into the middle quite a bit, leaving Simpson exposed.

We have needed cover for Left Back for about 3 years now. Our current strikeforce of Shola, Ranger, Lovenkrantz and Best is hardly awe inspiring now Carroll is out injured. Danny Simpson is a long way from being a good right back and is only in the team because he's a damn sight better than James Perch. Our midfield consists of 1 winger (Jonas) and Nolan, Tiote, Guthrie, Barton, Gosling and Ben Arfa who are all central midfielders.

Any fool can see that the squad is badly unbalanced and lacks a hell of a lot of quality in key area's, so why can't Ashley?

At least Alan Smith is injured for the rest of the season. Not having him play when Tiote is suspended is almost like having an extra man on the pitch, even if that man is Danny Guthrie

You are taking the piss re Danny Simpson?? He's improved loads and I reckon he's decent

Looking forward to the inevitable last minute inadequate panic buy.

Been a pretty dreadful window so far, all things considered. In that we've added no-one but let a couple go. At least if we do get one or two in, they'll have some time to adjust to the club before our next match.

Part of me can't believe that it's almost the end of January and we've not still not brought anyone in, the other part of me expects something to happen on deadline day.

Bring back Sibierski?

Aye we should only bring in Ireland if he's willing to wear Sibierski's shirt, speak in a french accent and kiss an imaginary ring when he scores.

Looks like the usual brinkmanship by LardAsh. Apart from SWP, the other clubs would probably want the players we're after off their payroll but aren't too enamoured with what the fat gambler is offering. At the end of the day, Ashley doesn't care if he is unsuccessful in bringing in the players 'we're' after, so the guys sweating at the table are the other clubs' owners/accountants. LardAsh is just waiting for them to fold.

You gotta know when to hold 'em...

know when to fold 'em

Pardew glad to hold on to stars

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has revealed the club has had to fend off interest in some of its biggest names as he prepares to make his own move in the transfer market.

Midfielder Joey Barton is currently in talks over an extended stay on Tyneside after the Magpies clinched new deals with the likes of Andy Carroll, Steven Taylor and Mike Williamson.

Tottenham's interest in Carroll - and Pardew's determination to hang on to him - has been well publicised, but the manager admits their have been other enquiries, justifying his efforts to secure his key players.

Speaking from the club's training camp in Portugal, he told BBC Radio Newcastle: "The most important thing is that you don't lose your best players, and I think that's got lost a little bit.

"It doesn't sell papers, keeping players, but for us and for me in particular, Joey Barton, Andy Carroll, Jose [Enrique], Cheik [Tiote], all those very, very important players, we have managed to push everyone away - and there have been enquiries, as you would imagine."

http://sport.virginmedia.com/football/arti...old_on_to_stars?

The slow transition to we won't be signing anyone, be grateful we haven't sold anyone is now complete ;)

Could Tiote be sold in January anyway? Having just arrived in the summer.

I think the only other club he could potentially play for is Twente

Could Tiote be sold in January anyway? Having just arrived in the summer.

I think the only other club he could potentially play for is Twente

Did an amazing job of holding onto him then, eh?

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has revealed the club has had to fend off interest in some of its biggest names as he prepares to make his own move in the transfer market.

Midfielder Joey Barton is currently in talks over an extended stay on Tyneside after the Magpies clinched new deals with the likes of Andy Carroll, Steven Taylor and Mike Williamson.

Tottenham's interest in Carroll - and Pardew's determination to hang on to him - has been well publicised, but the manager admits their have been other enquiries, justifying his efforts to secure his key players.

Speaking from the club's training camp in Portugal, he told BBC Radio Newcastle: "The most important thing is that you don't lose your best players, and I think that's got lost a little bit.

"It doesn't sell papers, keeping players, but for us and for me in particular, Joey Barton, Andy Carroll, Jose [Enrique], Cheik [Tiote], all those very, very important players, we have managed to push everyone away - and there have been enquiries, as you would imagine."

The slow transition to we won't be signing anyone, be grateful we haven't sold anyone is now complete ;)

Was that written by a journalist or a tea lady/man??? Nowt against tea ladies/men, of course.

fucking joke innit.

sad thing is there have been several players made available this window that would have improved our first team. shame we aren't competing at the higher end of the market these days.

fucking joke innit.

sad thing is there have been several players made available this window that would have improved our first team. shame we aren't competing at the higher end of the market these days.

And they were loans. And they'd have come here.

fucking joke innit.

Who?

fucking joke innit.

Who?

the likes of swp and Vela i'd assume would be amongst them.

bentley was a loan option. i think swp too?

larsson was cheap as chips as he was 6 months away from being out of contract.

we wouldn't have had to break the bank for any of the players we've been linked with.