Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things - firstly, this shows how much of Carroll's heart is in NUFC if he's willing to fuck off to Liverpool so quickly despite the club sticking by him through several off field incidents already.

Secondly, it shows that the club's directors do not understand the club and the mentality of its fans. I was arguing against the old stereotype the other week of us feeling that we deserve to be one of the big boys/challenging for honours etc. I don't think anyone feels that we DESERVE anything, but that with our fanbase and history we SHOULD be, or at the very least, having challenged for the title and competed in the champion's league in the not too distant past, we WANT to be up there. And we're never going to get there if we're going to sell our bright young stars to the clubs already there (Liverpool, for all their turmoil this season, are undeniably one of the great big teams).

To see our club cash in on our homegrown number 9 just makes me sick to the stomach quite honestly.

Can't believe this is actually happening.

If we actually get a replacement in I'll be stunned.

The Ashley era hits a new low.

How many times have we had to say that? :jesuswept:

I'd be more worried with how many more times we're gonna say it....