Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

Anyone else feel Carroll has been a victim of his own hype?

He's good, but he's not that good to be fair.

Totally agree. Impossible to knock back £37m for him. It's 2/5ths of our turnover. We won't go down.

You're deluded if you think we're safe.

£35m+ is all well and good but ultimately worthless if we lose that sort of money by dropping down a league again.

We won't go down, we've played some canny games without Carroll, the West Ham 5-0 for one.

Totally agree we won't go down *deluded mag* because there are some shocking teams in this league and we have shown more than enough to be fine. Also without Carroll we beat wigan, west ham and were seconds from beating spurs and the mackems. Doesn't mean i wanted to remain without him or that i think any of the other strikers are good enough but i'm not worried short term for this season. What happens long term though, fuck knows!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shouldn't go down, but we've given ourselves a better chance than we had this time yesterday. Top bombing Mike.

I hate Ashley's guts but even I'm not blaming him for Carroll handing in a transfer request.

We shouldn't go down, but we've given ourselves a better chance than we had this time yesterday. Top bombing Mike.

I hate Ashley's guts but even I'm not blaming him for Carroll handing in a transfer request.

See my post earlier for what I think happened. Carroll putting a request in is not what forced this through man. He wanted away and Ashley wanted the cash. He was going, with or without the request.

£80K per week apparently. He'd never get that here. dont blame him for one second. Greedy? Who cares. If its on the table, well over double what he gets here. Good move for player and us potentially. But equally potentially bad for both. Take Given, I reckon he regrets leaving. Not sure AC will though for footballing and financial reasons.

See my post earlier for what I think happened. Carroll putting a request in is not what forced this through man. He wanted away and Ashley wanted the cash. He was going, with or without the request.

Totally agree. i think it was just suggested to him to put in the transfer. Its better for NUFC and speeds up the process.

Agree with you mate. It's a fix and was dusted way before today imo.

Not if darren Bent is worth 24 mill

He's not though really, is he, fucking madness all round

His PL record suggests he is tbf.

Scores 1 in 2 pretty much without fail even in mediocre teams :jesuswept: he's as much worth it as you can be, and i've always thought he was underrated considering his record. Not a great all round player but who cares when you bang them in like that.

I don't think Carroll's been forced into putting a transfer request. I think that a month ago he wouldn't have dreamt that Liverpool would have tried to sign him. I think once he found out they were interested in him, he found out that he could double his wage, and all the rest of it, he very probably WANTED to go.

But I think the club have then said to his agent "He wants to go, we want the money. Just see if you can talk him into handing in a request for damage limitation purposes from our point of view."

And honestly it would be a piece of piss to talk him into it, I reckon.

You only have to read the order of events being played out in this thread to see that it was choreographed.

£35m bid rejected.

Transfer bid accepted.

£35m bid accepted.

In the space of 20 minutes. He wasn't forced into doing anything, but the claim that it was the transfer request that forced the deal through is a a fucking stitch-up man.

Fair post, I don't think "forced into it" was fundamentally what I meant.

Influenced by the club? Yes, I could see that.

Not for a minute do I honestly think he desperately wants to stay and is only going because he was somehow made to hand in a request.

Neither do I. I think he wanted to go. And honestly, I don't fucking blame him. He knows there's a ceiling on wages here, and that he'll have his work cut out negotiating contracts etc. And what's that? Fucking Liverpool will double my wage tomorrow?! (I wouldn't be surprised if they've more than doubled his money) And I get a cut of this fucking ludicrous transfer fee too?

You can't blame him for wanting to go man. We are going nowhere under this bloke. Don't forget it's only a month or two ago that these twats completely destabilised the club by sacking the manager for no good reason and replaced him with one that's mediocre at best.

If I was Andy Carroll's adviser, I couldn't do anything other than tell him to GTFO of Newcastle.

This. Immensely, this (and can see the bit with the transfer request). Or fatboy has just been trying to delay it as long as possible so he gets to sit on £35m or whatever and not have to spend it cos its too late in the window to bring anyone else in.

exactly, which is what a few of us have thought and said. That was the fat mans "plan".

Although its a typical sad situation LM, you have to have a laugh at the youngsters on here who think that they know anything about Newcastle, their history and perhaps football in general. Delusional, most of them.

not really laughing, but the alternative is crying. Again, just like in the 70's and particularly 80's.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
He's not worth £35m. Closer to £15m iyam

I'm not happy about it, but I would've thought they were idiots to knock it back. Spurs got van der Vaart for £8m on the cheap, we signed Ben Arfa an European renowned player for £5m, even Man City who have been ripped off left right and centre got Tevez for £24m. £35m for a young kid who people were saying wasn't even good enough to play for us 6 month ago, it's a total no brainer, and people who are crying conspiracy theory about all be constructed by the club so we couldn't get anyone else in, that is possible, but even so just think of the amount man. It's 13 times more than it cost to construct Blackpool's team. Football changes very, very quickly Andy Carroll's meteoric rise shows that and we've had a massive cash injection and hopefully is reinvested at least some of it.

I will say this though, as bitter as it sounds I would've wished him well virtually anywhere he went but I'm not wishing him well playing for those scruffy classless horrible tramps, I hope his career goes tits up till he leaves them.

He's not worth £35m. Closer to £15m iyam

I'm not happy about it, but I would've thought they were idiots to knock it back. Spurs got van der Vaart for £8m on the cheap, we signed Ben Arfa an European renowned player for £5m, even Man City who have been ripped off left right and centre got Tevez for £24m. £35m for a young kid who people were saying wasn't even good enough to play for us 6 month ago, it's a total no brainer, and people who are crying conspiracy theory about all be constructed by the club so we couldn't get anyone else in, that is possible, but even so just think of the amount man. It's 13 times more than it cost to construct Blackpool's team. Football changes very, very quickly Andy Carroll's meteoric rise shows that and we've had a massive cash injection and hopefully is reinvested at least some of it.

I will say this though, as bitter as it sounds I would've wished him well virtually anywhere he went but I'm not wishing him well playing for those scruffy classless horrible tramps, I hope his career goes tits up till he leaves them.

Aye, I'd rather he went to Citeh or Chelsea. Pretty much anywhere but those crowing cunts.

Not if darren Bent is worth 24 mill

He's not though really, is he, fucking madness all round

His PL record suggests he is tbf.

Scores 1 in 2 pretty much without fail even in mediocre teams :jesuswept: he's as much worth it as you can be, and i've always thought he was underrated considering his record. Not a great all round player but who cares when you bang them in like that.

Har har har :suicide:

But seriously his goalscoring record in the PL since 2005 is one goal less than the top goalscorer sincethen (Rooney and Drogba on 82 each). And thats with a wasted year at Spurs. He will get you 20 goals a season so is worth his weight in gold.

But still, fuck him! The little money grabbing twat.

Well I can't pretend I'm not very disappointed. I suppose the money's too good to turn down for us and Carroll but I was hoping we weren't a selling club. Let's see what the fat bastard does with the money but I don't have my hopes up.

You have to wonder how genuine this thigh injury is, if this was all stitched up weeks ago. Plusa it wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs bid reports were phoney just to push the price up. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, haven't read the thread.