Holidays

Jan

5 weeks then I am off to the States for 2 weeks, covering 8 flights and 4 cities.

And all this on the back of a royal wedding the Americans are going to love us!

Edited by Jan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back from America on Tuesday morning. Loved it, everywhere we went was brilliant. Shouldn't have spent 5 nights in Vegas though, 3 or 4 would have done it for various reasons!

Got major holiday blues like, we crammed so much into three weeks. Wierdly even though the whole trip was superb, by the time we got to New York (the best place I have ever been, ever) it felt like we'd been away for donkeys. 2 months in Australia flew by in comparison.

Also, got back at 10:30am english time so I tried to stay awake until night time to avoid fucking my sleep patterns up. Wasn't easy as by 2pm I'd been up 24 hours and spent a lot of it rushing round and flying. Finally gave up and passed out at 10pm. Woke up at 3 this afternoon. 17 hours for fucks sake :lol: Smashed my kip record there!

Got some graft to do in the gym now like.

Got back from America on Tuesday morning. Loved it, everywhere we went was brilliant. Shouldn't have spent 5 nights in Vegas though, 3 or 4 would have done it for various reasons!

Got major holiday blues like, we crammed so much into three weeks. Wierdly even though the whole trip was superb, by the time we got to New York (the best place I have ever been, ever) it felt like we'd been away for donkeys. 2 months in Australia flew by in comparison.

Also, got back at 10:30am english time so I tried to stay awake until night time to avoid fucking my sleep patterns up. Wasn't easy as by 2pm I'd been up 24 hours and spent a lot of it rushing round and flying. Finally gave up and passed out at 10pm. Woke up at 3 this afternoon. 17 hours for fucks sake :lol: Smashed my kip record there!

Got some graft to do in the gym now like.

Aye, the food portions (and general healthiness) are mental over there.

Where did you stay in Vegas?

New York is truly amazing. Not sure I could work there though.

In the early throws of organising a family jaunt (me and mrs and two nippers, two x older daughters and boyfriends).

Got a fancy for two weeks around Scotland, us in a motor home, them in tents or possible a hoseasons / norfolk broads job.

Decisions, Decisions.

What is the actual appeal of New York?

Done the florida thing a few times but never seem to understand what blokes see in NY.

I worked on 42nd street regularly for 2 years as my boss/company HQ was based there. I used to stay in the W on Lexington and walk to work. Amazing energy and so different to travelling to work in London (or Paris).

Its mainly the impact of the environment on you, the enormity of the architecture, the slickness of the design, the people, the bars, the shops, the restaurants, the women, the craziness of life lived as fast as life is lived on the planet. Manhattan is for youngish people though, everyone goes out after work too, i think everyone moves to Brooklyn when they have kids.

My best mate got married in Central Park, he lived there for 6 months building up contacts in the music industry. We've had some legendary weekends but the one where we both played in this club near NYU and ended up in a ketamine party in a loft in Tribeca was pretty classic. The same weekend i pulled an Italian bird who loved it in the wrongun (catholic). The possibilities there are literally endless and yanks are quite odd when it comes to meeting people, if you've had an introduction you are welcome to hang out.

Done the florida thing a few times but never seem to understand what blokes see in NY.

I worked on 42nd street regularly for 2 years as my boss/company HQ was based there. I used to stay in the W on Lexington and walk to work. Amazing energy and so different to travelling to work in London (or Paris).

Its mainly the impact of the environment on you, the enormity of the architecture, the slickness of the design, the people, the bars, the shops, the restaurants, the women, the craziness of life lived as fast as life is lived on the planet. Manhattan is for youngish people though, everyone goes out after work too, i think everyone moves to Brooklyn when they have kids.

My best mate got married in Central Park, he lived there for 6 months building up contacts in the music industry. We've had some legendary weekends but the one where we both played in this club near NYU and ended up in a ketamine party in a loft in Tribeca was pretty classic. The same weekend i pulled an Italian bird who loved it in the wrongun (catholic). The possibilities there are literally endless and yanks are quite odd when it comes to meeting people, if you've had an introduction you are welcome to hang out.

Agree with all that, it a pretty unique place.

Worked in NYC for 2 years when I was 23/24. Lived on 50th and 9th and worked on 42nd and 7th. Each day was a massive experience, I got a buzz as soon as I left the apartment. Was single when I was over there so had a belting time. I'd say it's more a place to experience rather to go sightseeing as I can't really put my finger on what made it so great for me. I go back once or twice a year and I'm giddy every time I land.

That said, 2 years was enough for me. Far prefer the pace of life and outlook of the people in European cities but, for a short trip, nothing beats it.

Worked in NYC for 2 years when I was 23/24. Lived on 50th and 9th and worked on 42nd and 7th. Each day was a massive experience, I got a buzz as soon as I left the apartment. Was single when I was over there so had a belting time. I'd say it's more a place to experience rather to go sightseeing as I can't really put my finger on what made it so great for me. I go back once or twice a year and I'm giddy every time I land.

That said, 2 years was enough for me. Far prefer the pace of life and outlook of the people in European cities but, for a short trip, nothing beats it.

Same here. I can totally understand the appeal of working their, particularly in your youth, just dont get the holiday aspect. Each to their own.

So jealous of you lads living there. I've been over 4 times and love it. There's an energy and a buzz on the streets/bars that's unmatchable.

Maybe part of it is seeing it on tv and movies growing up. I'd have loved the opportunity to work there though.

A couple of mates moved to Huntington Beach, CA and I've visited twice. Very chilled out there, living a much better life than they could in this shit-tip.

ibiza. but given i'm going with my wife and kid, it won't be at all like the last time i went there on my stag do

Where abouts?

not booked yet but looking to get a small villa just outside ibiza town

come on man, florida is vile outside of miami. new york is on the best cities, if not the best, in the world

I spent 6 months in Connecticut, about 100miles north of NYC when I was coaching. We would all get the train down on a Friday or Saturday night (10-15 lads), stop out til 6am and get the first train back home. Thats pretty much why I fell in love with the place. Then I went back a couple of years later at christmas time and got engaged in central park which was pretty special too and pretty much made up my mind thats its the coolest place in the world! I love how you can be up at 4am and still pretty much find somewhere to buy anything you fancy

If I won mega bucks on the lottery a flat in the city would be my first purchase

come on man, florida is vile outside of miami. new york is on the best cities, if not the best, in the world

Thats not true, the NW is lush up towards Panama City Beach and beyond (Banged a hooters girl here)

Fort-Walton-Beach-2BedroomsSleeps6_11810767097341.jpg

The keys are pretty spectacular too and Key west is a lovely island

florida-keys-reef-mpa_17658_600x450.jpg

Tampa is a cracking night out too, especially round ybor city

Ybor%20City.jpg

I spent a week in pretty much every big city in Florida and did:

Orlando

Miami

Tampa

Key West

Ft Myers

Jacksonville

Gainesville

Fort Walton

Panama City Beach

Cocoa Beach

The only ones I didnt really like were Ft Myers beach where you will struggle to find one person born there. It's full of odd jobs who have moved there from other parts of the country. And Gainesville, which is the sort of place you find alligators in your back garden

Edited by J69

Florida's horrider than Whitley Bay.

now that is a subject we could discuss for a while - each is grim .... in their own sweet way...........

• 2 months later...

Anyone been to Sharm el Sheikh all inclusive, recommend any hotels in particular? I know egypt is a bit dodge at the moment but because of that the hotels are a bargain. looking at Rehana Sharm Resort. Any advice is much appreciated!

Well, we were planning to go to Egypt around September time. Hmmmmmmm

Now thinking maybe start in Istanbul, then on to Athens, then work our way up major city-wise to Berlin. Then again, may drive through New England.

Fuck knows.

EDIT: China it is.

Anyone been to Sharm el Sheikh all inclusive, recommend any hotels in particular? I know egypt is a bit dodge at the moment but because of that the hotels are a bargain. looking at Rehana Sharm Resort. Any advice is much appreciated!

I stayed in one of the Tropicana chain a few years ago and I am heading back there in November this time we are in the St George Resort closer to Sharm but still walking distance to Naama Bay.

Its mostly resort based so I plan to get loads of books and chill in the winter sun, but maybe do the trip to Petra.

• 2 weeks later...

today is the first day of two weeks for me.

gonna start with a little

lake_okanagan5.jpg

followed with a little....

13568271.jpg

and finally followed by some...

nancy.preview.JPG