Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

"I think there were a few raised eyebrows over the comedian but that is the sort of thing you can't control. It was unfortunate. He is a professional comedian," Professional comedian Taylor said.

That fuckers on nearly half a million big ones a year.... "millionaire supertar spoilt bastards have rights too you know!...oh and we represent some lads in the lower leagues as well..can't remember their names off hand, having head up John Terry's arse has affected me memory..."

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://fansonline.ne...cle.php?id=1571

Wrote this blog for ToonTalk yesterday

Barcelona's finance from that period was based on debt, then the per club deal in Spain and thus the subsequent guaranteed access to CL money. Their revenue masks the finance from debts

We do quite well on the revenue side apart from the commercial income. The fact that Spurs are in London, gives them access to a far wealthier supporter base who can boost commercial income. Man U can access hundreds of millions of fans around the world. The recession has killed off some of our revenue potential, whichever way you look at it, the North East has suffered more than the ssouth east in terms of incomes and asset values which massively effect disposable incomes.

I went through the figures and explained that the impact of Ashley on the club's income can be placed in the 10-20m pound bracket. A comparison to 2007 has to account for 2 things: GDP is still in 2013 2% lower than it was in 2007 and secondly that's a national not a regional figure. I dont have the data to hand but you could estimate the regional GDP loss at around 5-10%. A disproportionate impact of that income reduction will be felt in the commercial income stream of a football club which is based on corporate and high value services.

I wont argue against anything else said there but the financial potential of the club is not much different to Spurs. When you freeze ticket prices, the relatively small advantage of having 50k a week over 36k a week is dampened. We can compete with Spurs and with a decent manager / Pardew sort his head out / whatever its not relevant to this point / then we still have the resources to do so.

These last few weeks have not been down to Ashley being a tight arse, we should have invested more and earlier but recent events need a bit more focus than that.

Barcelona's finance from that period was based on debt, then the per club deal in Spain and thus the subsequent guaranteed access to CL money. Their revenue masks the finance from debts

We do quite well on the revenue side apart from the commercial income. The fact that Spurs are in London, gives them access to a far wealthier supporter base who can boost commercial income. Man U can access hundreds of millions of fans around the world. The recession has killed off some of our revenue potential, whichever way you look at it, the North East has suffered more than the ssouth east in terms of incomes and asset values which massively effect disposable incomes.

I went through the figures and explained that the impact of Ashley on the club's income can be placed in the 10-20m pound bracket. A comparison to 2007 has to account for 2 things: GDP is still in 2013 2% lower than it was in 2007 and secondly that's a national not a regional figure. I dont have the data to hand but you could estimate the regional GDP loss at around 5-10%. A disproportionate impact of that income reduction will be felt in the commercial income stream of a football club which is based on corporate and high value services.

I wont argue against anything else said there but the financial potential of the club is not much different to Spurs. When you freeze ticket prices, the relatively small advantage of having 50k a week over 36k a week is dampened. We can compete with Spurs and with a decent manager / Pardew sort his head out / whatever its not relevant to this point / then we still have the resources to do so.

These last few weeks have not been down to Ashley being a tight arse, we should have invested more and earlier but recent events need a bit more focus than that.

You can point to the fact that Tottenham are in London, and the North has suffered more greatly from the recession, but within the last decade it doesn't mask a £80m swing between the two clubs, nor does it explain why we generated more money in 2003 than we did in 2012. Remarkable really.

nor does it explain why we generated more money in 2003 than we did in 2012. Remarkable really.

Being in the CL in 2003 would go a long way to explaining that.