Five Famous people who went to you school

Guest LeazesLad

A lass who's been in a few things (Byker Grove, The Bill, the most recent episode of Casualty) called Holly Matthews. She also released a really bad single at one point.

I remember that! "Little Miss Perfect". Him indoors quite likes it. Nuff said. :lol:

That's the one, aye. I saw her in the pub once and she didn't wash her hands after going to the toilet. Perfect my arse! :lol:

how could you know that though Jill? Were her hands dripping with piss or did you snif fher fingers?

Edited by zico martin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lass who's been in a few things (Byker Grove, The Bill, the most recent episode of Casualty) called Holly Matthews. She also released a really bad single at one point.

I remember that! "Little Miss Perfect". Him indoors quite likes it. Nuff said. :lol:

That's the one, aye. I saw her in the pub once and she didn't wash her hands after going to the toilet. Perfect my arse! :o

how could you know that though Jill? Were her hands dripping with piss or did you snif fher fingers?

She came out of the cubicle and left the toilets without visiting the sink. Not sure why you'd jump to those conclusions but each to their own. :lol:

That's the one, aye. I saw her in the pub once and she didn't wash her hands after going to the toilet. Perfect my arse! :lol:

Well that is the point she makes if you'd bother to listen to the lyrics. ;):o

Still having a wee giggle at the idea of Bobby Thompson going to school in Gosforth.

That's the one, aye. I saw her in the pub once and she didn't wash her hands after going to the toilet. Perfect my arse! :o

Well that is the point she makes if you'd bother to listen to the lyrics. :blush:;)

Still having a wee giggle at the idea of Bobby Thompson going to school in Gosforth.

Almost edited my post after going through the song in my head. It saddens me that I know some of the lyrics. :lol:

Danny O'Donoghue; of Irish band The Script.

David Gillick; twice European indoor athletics gold medalist.[2]

David Kitt; singer-songwriter.

Diarmaid Ferriter; historian and author.[1]

Padraic McMahon; of Irish band The Thrills.

Ray Cosgrove; Dublin GAA footballer and former All-Star.

Richard Sadlier; former Ireland international soccer player.

Just wiki'd this out of curiosity and it's a cautionary tale of just how 'made up' (in the pure sense) wikipedia is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrs_Wood_High_School

Max Beesley - British actor and musician. - Lies. He went to Cheethams, the music college in the city centre

Holliday Grainger — film and television actress

Hannah Pool — Fashion Editor with The Guardian and author of My Father's Daughter

Judy Shekoni — film and television actress, best known for her spell in EastEnders

Danny Webber — professional footballer, currently with Premiership team Portsmouth.

Johnny Bennett - Actor, best known for appearing in Shameless

Qasim Akhtar - Actor, best known for appearing in Shameless

Nick Speak - Former Lancashire and Durham cricketer

Robbie Conway - Actor, best known for appearing in shameless

Never heard of any of the 'actors'/'actresses'

If I'd been Catholic then it would have read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Barlow_RC...#Notable_alumni

1. Noel Gallagher

2. Liam Gallagher

And that would have been the end of the thread tbh.

How big were your schools out of interest? Apparently mine was (is) 2030 pupils. Thinking that must be quite big??

Just wiki'd this out of curiosity and it's a cautionary tale of just how 'made up' (in the pure sense) wikipedia is

Max Beesley - British actor and musician. - Lies. He went to Cheethams, the music college in the city centre

Hannah Pool — Fashion Editor with The Guardian and author of My Father's Daughter

Judy Shekoni — film and television actress, best known for her spell in EastEnders

Danny Webber — professional footballer, currently with Premiership team Portsmouth.

If I'd been Catholic then it would have read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Barlow_RC...#Notable_alumni

1. Noel Gallagher

2. Liam Gallagher

How big were your schools out of interest? Apparently mine was (is) 2030 pupils. Thinking that must be quite big??

Astley was only 800 odd, which I guess is fairlysmall exclusive.

I heard that J69's was above average. :lol:

1. Noel Gallagher

2. Liam Gallagher

I realised as soon as I wrote that that I was in danger of sounding all J69. It just made me wonder though because at the time you just see your own school as 'the norm', but there are obviously vast differences throughout the country.

I think the alumni for mine are canny shit considering the size of the school. Although it only dates back to the very late 60's I spose. 800 pupils and you managed to turn out Adam Sandler is pretty impressive by comparison.

1. Noel Gallagher

2. Liam Gallagher

I realised as soon as I wrote that that I was in danger of sounding all J69. It just made me wonder though because at the time you just see your own school as 'the norm', but there are obviously vast differences throughout the country.

I think the alumni for mine are canny shit considering the size of the school. Although it only dates back to the very late 60's I spose. 800 pupils and you managed to turn out Adam Sandler is pretty impressive by comparison.

;)

800 kids and (while I was there) not a single Afro-Caribbean face amongst them. Closest we got was Altan Brown, who was Turkish and we only found out he was "different" when the RE teacher declared we'd be studying all the religions; from Christianity (while waving her arms across the sea of crackers) to Islam (while pointing directly at Altan).

She was aghast when he pointed out he wasn't Muslim at all and stated we should understand why she made the assumption. :lol:

A few Bengali kids joined the following year, but yeah... not the most diverse school. Probably explains why I'm not so bothered about fried chicken :o

Frank Clark (ex Newcastle and Forest)

Vic Wakeling (Managing Director of SkySports)

Richard Cobb (Olympic Aerobatic Freestyle Skiier)

Stuart Bell (MP for Middlesbrough)

Can't think of any more...

Cobbing, isn't it?

I used to compete against in Trampolining.

Guest LeazesLad
Jonathan Woogate.

Me

erm...

Liam Plunkett and Steve Gibson!

Didn't Chris Kamara used to sit next to him in school? You can have him. Bono is the most famous so far, Bono or Sting.

Jonathan Woogate.

Me

erm...

Liam Plunkett and Steve Gibson!

Didn't Chris Kamara used to sit next to him in school? You can have him. Bono is the most famous so far, Bono or Sting.

Two biggest wankers so far as well. :lol:

If i had to choose 5 from the illustrious number I'd go with....

Malcolm McDonald Barbour - The Barbour name is known world-wide for high quality waterproof and outdoor clothes, and it was Malcom Barbour's father, John Barbour, who established the business in South Shields in 1894. Malcolm went into his father's business when he left school in 1897 and inherited the company on his father's death in 1918

Jared Deacon - An international athlete of some renown. Once part of South Shields Harriers, he moved to Morpeth Harriers. As a member of Morpeth Harriers he was part of the British Olympic 4x400m team in Sydney, 2000. In 2002, as part of the 4x400m relay team, he won gold medals at the European Championships and Commonwealth Games. He just missed a place on the 2004 Olympics team, but continues to achieve good times as a 400m runner. He was in my brothers year.

James Mitchell - Writer/Creator of TV shows Callan and When the Boat Comes In.

Sir Robert Wilson - Astronomer. The first non-American to receive the Presidential Award for Design Excellence (from President Reagan). He was awarded his CBE in 1978, and kinghthood in 1989 for his services to astronomy. Among his notable activities, he was involved in the design and operation of the Ultra-Violet Explorer satellite, which led to major discoveries in the field of cosmology, and which continued to operate some 17 years after its designed life.

"Geordie" Joe Mcelderry The winner of X-factor. He starred in a school production of Grease and never looked back.

and a footballer...

Nick Pickering - Pickering joined Sunderland Football Club in 1977 as a "schoolboy associate". Four years later he signed a professional contract with the Club where he made his first-team debut against Ipswich in August, 1981. While with the club he earned a total of 15 England Youth under-21 caps, and then in 1983 he picked up a cap with the England team during their tour of Australia. In 1985 he played at Wembley in the Milk Cup Final, where Sunderland lost 1-0 to Norwich. He then transferred to Coventry City, playing his his debut match in 1986 and in 1987 was on the Wembley turf again with Coventry as they won the FA Cup.

Things went downhill for Pickering after this. He transferred to Derby County, where he played only four games for them and acquired the nickname "psycho". Then he signed for Darlington followed by Burnley, after which he had to retired from the game after seriously injuring his foot. These days he is part of the sports team for BBC Local Radio in the North-East.

There's a lad I played football with at school called Keith Oliver who played a few seasons for Hartlepool (or was it Darlington).