Tiote signs until 2017

Del Pede

Newcastle ace Cheick Tiote signs new deal

CHEICK TIOTE today handed Newcastle United a major boost by committing his future to the black and whites until 2017.

The Ivory Coast told the Chronicle on February 9 that he was desperate to stay on Tyneside despite major interest from Chelsea with the battling midfielder’s outstanding form impossible not to notice this season.

The African has been a contender for player of the season at St James’ Park since arriving from FC Twente in the summer in a £3.5million deal which is now looking like a real snip.

And a delighted Tiote said today: "I am very happy today to have signed this new deal with Newcastle United.

"The experience of playing in the Premier League has been better than I ever hoped it could be.

"This is a great club and the fans have been brilliant - I have never known support like it.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has always made it clear he wanted to keep Tiote and added: "Cheick has been immense for us this season and is exactly the type of player I want in my squad.

"He is fantastic on the pitch and in the changing room and is vital for everything we want to achieve.

"Cheick offers us strength and presence in midfield and has proved himself to be one of the best in his position in the Premier League.

"He's adapted brilliantly to the English game and I'm delighted he's signed a new deal with us today."

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1ExQqMQD4

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...72703-28233896/

Thats quite a long contract, but good news

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initial thought was: FUCKIN' GREAT NEWS.

Then I realised there will be a get-out clause when another team matches a certain figure e.g. £12m, so it's not all good. However, I'm sure he will be getting a good pay rise which is good.

I think this is different from the whole Carroll saga, I don't know if a team in the current climate would be willing to fork out an absurd amount of money for the type of player Tiote is, I could be talking bollocks but I just can't see a club coming in with a £25m (for example) offer.

well done NUFC

Initial thought was: FUCKIN' GREAT NEWS.

Then I realised there will be a get-out clause when another team matches a certain figure e.g. £12m, so it's not all good. However, I'm sure he will be getting a good pay rise which is good.

I doubt we'll have entered a clause into his contract. Ashley will think all clubs are daft enough to pay £35 million for our better players.

Newcastle ace Cheick Tiote signs new deal

CHEICK TIOTE today handed Newcastle United a major boost by committing his future to the black and whites until 2017.

The Ivory Coast told the Chronicle on February 9 that he was desperate to stay on Tyneside despite major interest from Chelsea with the battling midfielder’s outstanding form impossible not to notice this season.

The African has been a contender for player of the season at St James’ Park since arriving from FC Twente in the summer in a £3.5million deal which is now looking like a real snip.

And a delighted Tiote said today: "I am very happy today to have signed this new deal with Newcastle United.

"The experience of playing in the Premier League has been better than I ever hoped it could be.

"This is a great club and the fans have been brilliant - I have never known support like it.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has always made it clear he wanted to keep Tiote and added: "Cheick has been immense for us this season and is exactly the type of player I want in my squad.

"He is fantastic on the pitch and in the changing room and is vital for everything we want to achieve.

"Cheick offers us strength and presence in midfield and has proved himself to be one of the best in his position in the Premier League.

"He's adapted brilliantly to the English game and I'm delighted he's signed a new deal with us today."

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1ExQqMQD4

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...72703-28233896/

Thats quite a long contract, but good news

Yes, we'll be able to demand a lot more money for him when the 'big' clubs come a knocking. If Tiote carries on as he's doing on the pitch I'll show my arse in Fenwicks window if he's still here in three years, never mind six!

So we'll get double the money in the summer. Great!

I really REALLY just don't get this mindset :o

No? Hadnt Carroll not long signed a new deal? Every player has a price. All a long contract ensures is that a player who attracts attention of the loaded clubs should command a large fee. Either way, I welcome the news, he's been immense for us this season.

Guest LeazesLad
Caulkin at the Times

Pardew: "Mike Ashley wanted to make a statement after Andy's departure. It's fantastic news for the fans, absolutely brilliant." #NUFC

They gave Carroll a five year deal and sold the cunt 4 month later. This means absolutely FUCK ALL. I guarantee one thing though, there'll be no buy out clause in his contract.

Am dense me, metaphorical statement he meant, still a mug though.

Edited by LeazesLad

The Carroll deal was utterly obscene. I personally would have sold him for £30 million up front, plus £5 million at a later date, plus a 25% sell on clause. You can't really blame Ashley for that. If we get a similar offer for Tiote chances are we probably would accept it too, not because the FCB is trying to fuck us over but because making £70 million on two players which cost around £3 million for us is the type of deal that is near enough impossible to turn down. Thankfully I don't currently think anyone would match the valuation the club will put on him.

While contracts nowadays are all about making sure club and player profit in the event of a transfer rather than commitment the Carroll situation isn't that common.

So we'll get double the money in the summer. Great!

I really REALLY just don't get this mindset :(

:o My first thought was exactly the same as Isegrim -I wish I had your ability to see the best in Ashley

Remind me how long ago Carroll signed his new contract again

It's not about seeing good in Ashley at all.

Firstly - Carroll signed a new deal in October and then 3 months later wanted a new one or he was offski.

What's not to like about this deal, really???

IF a champions league level teams comes in for a player you're basically fucked anyway, that's a fact of life in the modern game.

What this deal means is that IF someone is/was considering making an offer they'd better have VERY deep pockets because he's going to cost a shedload of cash. It's a reasonable deterent unless silly money's on the table. Silly money as in £35 mill for Carroll. To me it says we don't want to sell, unless you knock our socks off, which is how it should be.

Would it have been better to leave it be ??

Colo has 2 1/2 years left on his deal

This signing is not bad news, and it helps to up his price and therefore restrict the no of clubs likely to bid for him, but frankly he ain't going to do a Zoggy and next move to Wigan.

Here's hoping that there's enough top quality DMs emerging elsewhere for us to hold on to him for a couple of seasons, by which point we'll be battling relegation and no-one will blame him for moving, or if it's to be believed - the masterplan of slowly growing the club will mean he'll hopefully want to stay anyway

Honestly lads would you fecking wise up

"omg great news he's signed a new deal" like that keeps him here, he only came here a year ago ffs it's not like he was going out of contract.

as i said in a previous thread, longer contract means higher value if sold, how many people in last 2 years at our club or other have been flogged months after signing a new deal..

True but then equally (from the players point of view) he didn't have to sign it just now I suppose if he'd fancied waiting to see what offers came in this summer. He'd know the deal would make him less attractive as a transfer prospect.

At the end of the day, any contract anywhere in football is only ever of benefit to the player in as much as they guarantee him wages for the duration of the contract and residually the club in as much as it promotes a transfer fee (effectively compensation) if the contract is broken. NUFC are no different to any other club in that regard.

Anyway this really is a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. All bets off til summer tbh.