well i am leaving this forum

paulwynuk42NUFC

Paul Wyn should we get him back?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It rings a bell reading wiki actually. It was just The Sun making stuff up though, wasn't it? I find it incredibly difficult to take Morrissey's lyrics seriously anyway like. I'm 36 ffs.

I've with Stevie, if only because I think Morrissey is a complete and utter cunt, and Smiths fans are just odd. Seeing grown men crying whilst singing along with Morrissey at gigs is just a bit wrong. He's only a vegetarian singer.

You know it's not a prerequisite to listen to the smiths?

btw morrisey's solo stuff generally sucks (spanish house boy balls).

I've with Stevie, if only because I think Morrissey is a complete and utter cunt, and Smiths fans are just odd. Seeing grown men crying whilst singing along with Morrissey at gigs is just a bit wrong. He's only a vegetarian singer.

I'm not massively knowledgeable on Morrissey or The Smiths but his insistence that no meat is to be sold at any of the venues he's playing at singles him out as a grade A cock.

You know it's not a prerequisite to listen to the smiths?

btw morrisey's solo stuff generally sucks (spanish house boy balls).

I'd rather listen to Stefan Dennis and that's strites.

I find it interesting how many people go through a phase of being absolutely obsessed with everything Morrissey, only to stop listening to his stuff virtually all together a few months later

Hang on, since when did writing a song about child abuse make you a wrong 'un? Pretty much the entire country music industry wants to be done for spousal abuse if that's the logic we're applying here. :lol:

and that's strites.

:lol:

:icon_lol: well I know strites isn't a word, but it is round here.

It just made me laugh as I haven't heard that phrase for a while.

I'll be honest, I have a wide variety in my musical taste, but my musical knowledge is nee better than CT's football knowledge, but The Smith's isn't to my taste at all depressing stuff. They have a cult following and I appreciate how people who are in to music a lot feel obliged to like them as they were at the heart of the Manchester scene when it all kicked off.

I think Stevie might be referring to the song the Smiths wrote about the Moors murders.

I'll not get into a discussion with you about music because the last one we had was bloody rediculous.

I'll say this though, I'm an admirer of Johnny Marr's guitar work and the production of the Smith's records in terms of the sound. Very creative, influential and great to listen to. Nothing to do with them being a part of a scene or anything, the records they made were terrific on a musical level.

I'll be honest, I have a wide variety in my musical taste, but my musical knowledge is nee better than CT's football knowledge, but The Smith's isn't to my taste at all depressing stuff. They have a cult following and I appreciate how people who are in to music a lot feel obliged to like them as they were at the heart of the Manchester scene when it all kicked off.

I think Stevie might be referring to the song the Smiths wrote about the Moors murders.

I'll not get into a discussion with you about music because the last one we had was bloody rediculous.

I'll say this though, I'm an admirer of Johnny Marr's guitar work and the production of the Smith's records in terms of the sound. Very creative, influential and great to listen to. Nothing to do with them being a part of a scene or anything, the records they made were terrific on a musical level.

That's Suffer Little Children. Wiki is on about Reel Around the Fountain and The Hand that Rocks the Cradle. Like I say, I think it was the Sun at it's tenuous, sensationalist best.

Agree about Marr btw.

Edited by alex

No, but I've seen clips of Morrissey gigs where people in the audience seem to have what can be described as a religious experience and sob like they've seen the face of God. It is those Morrissey/Smiths fans I think are pricks, along with those who go all Fearne Cotton and say they have done the best songs in the world ever, and the lyrics are the greatest feat of the English language.

No, but I've seen clips of Morrissey gigs where people in the audience seem to have what can be described as a religious experience and sob like they've seen the face of God. It is those Morrissey/Smiths fans I think are pricks, along with those who go all Fearne Cotton and say they have done the best songs in the world ever, and the lyrics are the greatest feat of the English language.

Plenty of people have an emotional response to music and lyrics and by (direct) association the people who wrote them. You may dislike the music or the sentiments but surely that doesn't make them all pricks? Live and let live and all that.

Plenty of people have an emotional response to music and lyrics and by (direct) association the people who wrote them. You may dislike the music or the sentiments but surely that doesn't make them all pricks? Live and let live and all that.

Hyperbole, the stock in trade weapon of the internet forum user :lol:

Hyperbole, the stock in trade weapon of the internet forum user :lol:

Oh aye, forgot for a second. Carry on Billy.

Took me a long time to even bother listening to the Smiths because of this sort of thing, more Morrissey himself and what I'd seen of him than the fans. Then Johnny Marr was doing a talk in Manchester and it was free, so I thought I'd go along because I'm mad on guitars. After that I listened through a Smith's greatest hits record and the musicianship was really good, the production inventive, and they didn't fall into any of the musical clichés that so many bands often do. Good band, better than Jimmy Nail and Oasis put together anyway.

Pricks was probably the wrong word. Un-nerving middle aged men trying to recapture the feelings of their teenage years would be more accurate. I quite like some of The Smiths actually, but I know who'd I'd rather meet out of Morrissey, Marr and Nail.