Transfer Rumours 2011/2012

Barney

I think he will do well in europe. This kid has all the pre-requisites to be a quality player. He has excellent close control, plenty of skill, quite pacy and an eye for goal. In a couple of years, he could be pushing for a first team place.

When you say pacy, you mean pacy as in Joey Barton pacy, Gazza pacy or Emre pacy right? :icon_lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen him play a couple of times. He has a good pass and is decent with the ball at his feet. Obviously, I wouldn't say he's anywhere near PL standard as yet.

But he did look a class above at times during the GF for the first half of the game at least.

It is very rare to see players with genuine ability in the A-League so they stand out like a sore thumb and this kid is definitely that.

Given a few years and some quality coaching he could develop into a quality player.

He's not bad, though it really is impossible to judge someone from their time in the A-League. There's some players that look great in shit leagues and shit anywhere else, then there's some that look good in shit leagues and good in good leagues. I think though, for his developmental sake he'll need to leave Aus ASAP if he wants to kick on and be our next big hope.

He'd be worth a look in training, but a long way from having any involvement in the first team.

I should have prefaced that by saying that I unfortunately find the A-League very hard to watch in anything more than small doses. There's the odd good game, but for the most part... hmm.

Edited by OzToonFan

He's not bad, though it really is impossible to judge someone from their time in the A-League. There's some players that look great in shit leagues and shit anywhere else, then there's some that look good in shit leagues and good in good leagues. I think though, for his developmental sake he'll need to leave Aus ASAP if he wants to kick on and be our next big hope.

He'd be worth a look in training, but a long way from having any involvement in the first team.

I should have prefaced that by saying that I unfortunately find the A-League very hard to watch in anything more than small doses. There's the odd good game, but for the most part... hmm.

Be careful, I'll be posting a rating of you as a footballer come Sunday night!

He's not a PL player, he'll do ok in Turkey maybe Belgium if he's smart and wants to indulge in some attractive women, chances are he'll be back in the uh-league before you know it as a marque player!

Be careful, I'll be posting a rating of you as a footballer come Sunday night!

Steady on! I'm returning from a skillectomy...

Whilst we have had a good few ugly cunts at the Toon, when did we last have a Ugly Fucking Ginger Cunt like him?

Gemmill's twin- Duff. :nufc:

Wasn't that Matty Pattinson of a Viking hue as too?

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Interest in Standard Liege star Axel Witsel continues to grow and he impressed a huge amount of scouts at the weekend.

Skysports.com understands more than half-a-dozen Premier League clubs were present in Vienna to see Witsel's impressive display.

Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Newcastle and Bolton were all in Austria.

Linky

edited the thread title

Reo-Coker is out of contract in the summer. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the move up here. He'd be a decent squad player, quite a good engine on him from what i remember of the West Ham and U21 days.

link

I see Niko Kranjcar's hinted he wants to leave Tottenham, he's player i'd quite like to see here, he can play anywhere across the midfield and is only 26, so he's a decent age to get, i know he probably will be a bit pricey and might fancy a few other clubs on top of us, but i think he'd be a good player for us

I just don't believe it when we're linked with any player worth over 3m. In fact if wages are viewed as part of the transfer fee, we'll still be after free signings in the summer and accepting any offers "too good to resist".

Reo-coker and Shane Long? Fuck off!

How can you say that thats what we go for under this regime? Yes we have brought in Perch and Best (The latter has 6 goals this season and looks alright) but we have also brought in Tiote and Ben Arfa.

I think what we will get is a bit of both...a couple of lower league players and a couple of young european lads.