Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

But Pardew insists he will be responsible for managing the team and Kinnear's duties will be focused on transfers, such as the ongoing pursuits of Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis and Queens Park Rangers' Loic Remy.

"I think initially people thought Joe was definitely babysitting for me here, for things not to go well and Joe to become manager," said Pardew in The Times.

"I think that's what people's first perception was. And I have to say it was a perception I was a bit concerned about, too.

"I needed to speak to Mike and Joe about that and say, 'I was given an eight-year contract here and I don't want any interference'.

"I will always manage one way and that is talking to my staff, talking to my players, talking to my peers, as well as people like the owner, to make sure we are on the right agenda.

"Joe now fits in there. But he can't interfere with me managing the team and I won't let him. I made it very clear to Joe."

Meanwhile, Pardew is hoping Ashley will soon progress with a blueprint to improve Newcastle's training facilities as they seek to follow the lead of Europe's elite clubs.

"We've got plans, which I hope Mike will give the go-ahead for, because we've fallen behind some of the top sides in term of facilities, especially water-based recovery," he said.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club have defo used the ice baths before. The swimming pool one would make sense-that method has been around a while(I remember a documentary about Michael Jordan using it).

This in the Express about what JFK thought Mick Harford would bring to NUFC.

"Ex-Toon striker Harford has earned himself a new contract at Millwall, where he will work alongside manager Steve Lomas after rejecting Kinnear’s offer. It seems that Harford’s job would have involved ferrying non-driver Kinnear around the country on scouting missions – something that didn’t really appeal!"

:lol:

Did the DVLA take it off him since he got Alzheimers?

Hahahahahahahaaaa, ah man I nearly wee'd a bit.

Seriously, wonder if you're nearer the mark than you think (heart problems / eyesight / what is it?)

Hahahahahahahaaaa, ah man I nearly wee'd a bit.

Seriously, wonder if you're nearer the mark than you think (heart problems / eyesight / what is it?)

I'd say the fucking raging alcoholism would have a lot to do with it.