Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm my own man, and I will manage this football club to the best of my ability," he told BBC Newcastle.

"Some of the things Joe said, he's apologised for, especially getting the names wrong of our players. That needs to be corrected, because there's a certain respect needed there," Pardew added.

"I spoke to one or two players and my staff here and made them very aware of where the position lies.

"If Joe can persuade Mike to invest in the football club in the right manner then that would be the best outcome for us.

"As well as we've done on the transfer market, there's always room for improvement, and I spoke to Joe and told him where I think the weaknesses in the squad are.

"I told him I need to strengthen them and I've got a couple of ideas."

"You could say Joe isn't fulfilling the role that Derek had to a degree, but Lee will fill the other part of that role, he's got great experience," Pardew added.

"Between myself, Lee and Joe we hope to get some transfers over the line, and some out by the way, because the squad is probably a little thick in some areas.

"Graham comes up with one or two suggestions, I come up with the same, we probably have a list of four that myself and Graham think will take the team forward, we present that to Joe, and he presents it to the owner.

"Joe has to dress that up for the chairman in terms of the finance, in terms of how it will work and then Lee comes in and hopefully we get the player over the line.

"Mike feels Joe probably knows the scene better than Derek. That might be Mike's opinion, but as far as I'm concerned the most important factor for Joe is transfers."

Aye, he certainly isn't rolling out the red carpet.

According to Pardew all JFK does is take the list Pardew and Carr come up with and present it to Fat Ash. Presumably he requires all of his "35 years" as a manager to explain the intricacies of why we need those players and what position they play. Then Charnley goes off and tries to sign them.

If that's all JFK actually does, then if he's already presented the list there's no reason why he can't go on holiday. In fact he doesn't really need to come back from holiday until the next transfer window opens in January, when he'll once again be called upon to collect and present the list.

What a fucking load of shit, I'd love a job like that.

Pardew's clearly got his back up but dignified as ever.

Personally i think this will all work out. Pardew will have learned from last season and will be eager to have another good season like the one that got him MOTY.

People are squirming because there has not been any progress in the transfer market...yet.

Like i've said before im holding out till the end of August before i cast full judgement.

Pardew's clearly got his back up but dignified as ever.

Personally i think this will all work out. Pardew will have learned from last season and will be eager to have another good season like the one that got him MOTY.

People are squirming because there has not been any progress in the transfer market...yet.

Like i've said before im holding out till the end of August before i cast full judgement.

Llambias played a significant role in finalising transfer deals didn't he? Who is going to negotiate with clubs now, Kinnear?

Few little digs in Ashleys direction as well. He better get off to a good start. :lol:

If he lasts that long.

A couple of incomings should settle things down.

Hope the sort Cabaye out quickly as well.

Aye lets hope he gets off to a good start or...

''Joe Kinnear has taken control of first team affairs immediately'' etc etc,

''Joe Kinnear expresses his regret following the relegation of Newcastle United''

The cunt is well on his way to the promised four or five out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two at the most in plus the usual deadline day bollocks ending with nowt.

According to Pardew all JFK does is take the list Pardew and Carr come up with and present it to Fat Ash. Presumably he requires all of his "35 years" as a manager to explain the intricacies of why we need those players and what position they play. Then Charnley goes off and tries to sign them.

If that's all JFK actually does, then if he's already presented the list there's no reason why he can't go on holiday. In fact he doesn't really need to come back from holiday until the next transfer window opens in January, when he'll once again be called upon to collect and present the list.

What a fucking load of shit, I'd love a job like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7u1VBhWCE

The cunt is well on his way to the promised four or five out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two at the most in plus the usual deadline day bollocks ending with nowt.

We're not usually active on deadline day in any way, at least we haven't been since the whole Carroll saga. I think we'll bring in two or three players, one of which will be Bent and one of which will be a semi-promising youngster worth around £1-2 million. All sorted by August 20th or so.

We're not usually active on deadline day in any way, at least we haven't been since the whole Carroll saga. I think we'll bring in two or three players, one of which will be Bent and one of which will be a semi-promising youngster worth around £1-2 million. All sorted by August 20th or so.

And that's more desirable than what I think will happen. (and I don't think the scenario above is anywhere near desirable).

And that's more desirable than what I think will happen. (and I don't think the scenario above is anywhere near desirable).

Desirable is definitely too strong a word for it. More appropriate would be 'begrudgingly acceptable'.