Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

It's mad, isn't it? These 8 year contracts were to be a sure sign of stability, we had a formula that we knew could work. It worked for Ashley financially and it was working for the club. I think for that reason alone we all thought Ashley would give the whole team time to get things right.

We shouldn't ever be surprised by Ashley though, and basically he's destroyed the whole setup and brought Kinnear in to be the omniscient overseer of the whole club. I just cannot see this ending well.

The only positive for me is the knowledge one day it will all end.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah after When I re read it I thought it looked a bit Stephen Fry.

I mean Ashley won't own us forever.

True, but you do drink a lot...

It's mad, isn't it? These 8 year contracts were to be a sure sign of stability, we had a formula that we knew could work. It worked for Ashley financially and it was working for the club. I think for that reason alone we all thought Ashley would give the whole team time to get things right.

We shouldn't ever be surprised by Ashley though, and basically he's destroyed the whole setup and brought Kinnear in to be the omniscient overseer of the whole club. I just cannot see this ending well.

:lol: Seems to be Ashley's way, he weathers the storm to implement something and when the fans finally begin to accept it (like we did this time as the scouting system was bringing in talent and even though we worry about losing players we could feel comfortable with Carr and co.) then he decides to go and change everything.

He did this with Allardyce in all iirc, fans had finally began to just accept he was the manager and we just had to get on with it after uproar for a while then he sacked him.

:lol: Seems to be Ashley's way, he weathers the storm to implement something and when the fans finally begin to accept it (like we did this time as the scouting system was bringing in talent and even though we worry about losing players we could feel comfortable with Carr and co.) then he decides to go and change everything.

He did this with Allardyce in all iirc, fans had finally began to just accept he was the manager and we just had to get on with it after uproar for a while then he sacked him.

Exactly, just cant understand what the man is trying to do here, what to achieve exactly. I dont think he's making crap loads of money.

Exactly, just cant understand what the man is trying to do here, what to achieve exactly. I dont think he's making crap loads of money.

Aye it's very odd, we were poor last season but it'd be fair to say we were being run in a stable way. If we struggled that much when stable why rock the boat like this and risk doing even worse? unless he honestly believes that Kinnear is the man to guide the footballing future of the club, it's either that or he just wants to piss everyone off, worryingly I'm not sure which worries me more :lol:.

In all honesty it just baffles me, he looks to Arsenal for an example of how he wants to run but then after a rough year he's scrapped it.

Wow, what a new low the club has fallen to. A basket case. Nothing more needs to be said really.

Blackburn fan in peace. I know how you feel. Your Kinnear is our Shebby. Your Ashley is our Venkys. Two ultra local, great clubs, being pulled apart. At least you guys are still in the Premiership, but is that actually any better?

#againstmodernfootball

Edited by bluepeter

Newcastle want Joe Kinnear to end "horrible" power struggle between Alan Pardew and scout Graham Carr

Simon Bird

Joe Kinnear has been brought to Newcastle United to bang heads together and end a feud between manager Alan Pardew and his chief scout, Graham Carr.

Pardew and Carr have been at odds for months, and there have been disagreements over the Magpies' past and future signings.

Now Kinnear, a man ironically renowned for his confrontational style and ability to divide opinion, has been parachuted into the internal battle as all-powerful referee and peace-maker.

The Geordies' owner, sportswear tycoon Mike Ashley, wanted to introduce a trusted outside figure in a bid to snuff out the damaging power struggle.

Pardew has complained that some of the players landed by Carr have not been good enough - a view the latter hotly disputes.

For example, midfielder Vurnon Anita was signed for £5.6million from Ajax last summer, but has not been trusted with a long run in the side.

There has also been doubt about the best position for France international Moussa Sissoko.

He has been played as an attacking midfielder or on the right wing, but could be more influential as a holding midfielder.

Carr has championed the policy of buying up young, foreign talent, but Pardew now wants to balance that with a couple of experienced new stars.

Success stories from Carr's approach include bargain signings Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye, who were bought for a combined £11m.

But with 10 players in his squad for whom French is the first language, Pardew has argued he wants more English speakers with top flight experience to balance the dressing room dynamic and end communication issues.

The stand-off between manager and chief scout led to a breakdown in relations towards the end of last season, with the pair said by an insider who had observed the dynamics to be “stabbing each other in the back.”

The rift put Ashley in a difficult position as both Pardew and Carr are in the first 12 months of eight-year contracts.

Ashleys disgust at the way Newcastle plunged from fifth-place finishers in 2012 to relegation contenders resulted in his decision to bring in trusted drinking-buddy Kinnear as his eyes and ears at the training ground.

The 66-year-old is tasked with reporting directly to Ashley and providing his own take on events.

A Toon insider explained: Carr and Pardew are at daggers drawn. Carr says that the players he has brought in are good enough, Pardew says they are not.

Kinnear has been brought in as a trouble-shooter, as Ashley does not know what to do - he doesn’t know who is right or who is wrong.

Kinnear has been brought in to do Ashley’s dirty work.

There is a stand-off between Carr and Pardew. There was hardly any communication between them towards the end of last season and there is little now.

Both are on massive contracts. Carr is stabbing Pardew in the back, and vice versa.

It is a horrible situation. The internal wranglings and politics at the club is frightening. I’ve never seen or known a situation as intense or as bad as this.

Newcastle’s next signing will be yet another Frenchman - 17-year-old Metz striker Olivier Kemen.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Looks like my early analysis was pretty close and that they are indeed blaming each other.

Bit hard to blame Ashley for this. Putting the fact it's Kinnear to one side, it looks as though he is try to sort it out without knee jerk sackings.

If Kinnear is the one he trusts to tell him straight then fair enough.

Personally Im in the Carr camp. Some very good players wasted playing Pardews football.

That Simon Bird article sounds like a load of shit to me

Agreed. Sounds like hes been bought and fuckin paid for. If that was the problem why on earth would Llambias resign?...

edit: after reading CT's usual in depth analysis, I'd like him to answer that, but hes probably out ferrying Wearside's sexual deviant community around their favourite nocturnal fleshpots, the massive cunt.

Edited by PaddockLad

A definate identified routine .

uneasy peace>mayhem>highly tricky>peace for a bit>repeat

Ashley's very own ovarian cycle .

A definate identified routine .

uneasy peace>mayhem>highly tricky>peace for a bit>repeat

Ashley's very own ovarian cycle .

:lol: we in the mayhem bit LTB? That's where I reckon we are. So going off the chart we might have a canny season in 2-3 year!

I think we're in the actual arrow between 'mayhem' and 'very tricky' with a likelihood of slipping back to DefConMayhem at the drop of a fat guy's beret . . . if we're talking interpreting foxheurl positions within the cycle Howaz :lol:

:lol: Think your placement is right, just depends on how many nights Big Joe spends in the Diamond with Brucey. Couple of heavy ones coupled with midnight phone calls to pards and Carr and we're well into mayhem.

Yup , only a phone call away .

. . with every sports journalist all too keen to lend an ear to any of his (intentioned or otherwise) crazed chirpings .

He needs keeping in a vacuum .

Obviously setting him up with an office at the training ground after his stage entrance will help to blend him seamlessly into the manager/squad setup without getting too many of their backs up at least .

Agreed. Sounds like hes been bought and fuckin paid for. If that was the problem why on earth would Llambias resign?...

edit: after reading CT's usual in depth analysis, I'd like him to answer that, but hes probably out ferrying Wearside's sexual deviant community around their favourite nocturnal fleshpots, the massive cunt.

So all of a sudden we don't believe Simon Bird, even though he's been held up by many as one of the best journalist covering Newcastle for years :lol:

Sounds more to me like some are just upset that there is logic and reasons to Ashleys actions and it doesn't quite fit with their "he's doing it to be nasty" agendas.

Edited by Christmas Tree