Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

How could Bird check if it was true?.... basically him doing that piece is him being used by somebody at the club who wants to peddle that version of events. The source may be impeccable, Birds got a good reputation, his pieces usually have the ring of truth to them. But a piece this week blaming it all on a fall out between Carr and Pardew is just too fuckin convenient. Am not saying theres no element of truth in it, but usually when an article appears with those words in it the more lucid among us dismiss it out of hand. This is a propaganda piece iyam, and if you're daft enough to fall for it completely fair enough.

Really struggling to get my head around why you think Bird would put out propaganda for Ashley?

SLP has also told you what he has heard.

Add to that Pardews own utterances in recent months about wanting more proven premiership players and I think it's probably very likely.

Add to all of this the end of season post mitten where Im sure excuses and mud were being slung and it all seems to add up.

You are discounting all of the above because it doesn't suit you.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

CT!..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ689162bR8

Didn't a 'club insider' make sure some journalist was made aware that KK was wanting to sign Thierry Henry, Zinedine Zidane, Zico, Socrates, Wayne Rooney and any other outlandish transfer you could think of about the time that situation kicked off? These club insiders seem to have a habit of stirring the shit in favour of the hierarchy whenever there's a contentious issue, mind. :whistle:

The point here is that Bird is a good local journalist who doesn't have a track record of that behaviour.

He's been given an 'inside story'.

Doesn't automatically mean he's been given a brown envelope at a Tyneside multi story car park sometime around midnight last night by Mike 'deep throat' Ashley.

Really struggling to get my head around why you think Bird would put out propaganda for Ashley?

SLP has also told you what he has heard.

Add to that Pardews own utterances in recent months about wanting more proven premiership players and I think it's probably very likely.

Add to all of this the end of season post mitten where Im sure excuses and mud were being slung and it all seems to add up.

You are discounting all of the above because it doesn't suit you.

And you're falling for it hook line and sinker because it suits your "Pardew is useless" theory :lol:

slp was plainly fuckin joking. Carr has spoken to Ashley by all accounts, not Kinnear. And the reason why he had to speak to Ashley? because Ashley had appointed Kinnear in the first place.Am not discounting a thing either, am saying that there may have been tensions behind the scenes, which is pretty normal in the circumstances, any large corporate entity has its office battles.If its largely thrue,then why the fuck is Carr getting involved in the changing room anyway? He's the chief scout ffs. And why aren't you holdinHim g your head in your hands and muttering "WHY COULDNT YOU HAVE JUST SACKED PARDEW MIKE, WHY??!!" Its Mike Ashley not doing what you want that's caused this mess. Him alone. You,me and the football world in general wouldn't have been surprised or that bothered if Pardew had been sacked this summer, but look what the fuckin stupid cunt has done man. Birds article is damage limitation.

Why do you think Bird has suddenly sold out after years as a quality North East journo?

How is he selling out?

He's only selling out if he knows the source is bollocks. Couldn't it just be that his usual inside track, the source that's been feeding him the truthful titbits they want leaked for years, leaks him this bit of information to get the message back on the track they want it?

The same happened with Keegan's second time, before the court case revealed it was all horseshit

How is he selling out?

He's only selling out if he knows the source is bollocks. Couldn't it just be that his usual inside track, the source that's been feeding him the truthful titbits they want leaked for years, leaks him this bit of information to get the message back on the track they want it?

The same happened with Keegan's second time, before the court case revealed it was all horseshit

Hey nothing's impossible I just think his track record speaks for himself and he probably has several trusted contacts that he checks with before printing any old story.

These are probably contacts that he's worked with over the years and have no allegiance whatsoever to Ashley or Kinnear.

I think Ashley couldn't give a fuck what any of us think anyway.

Why do you think Bird has suddenly sold out after years as a quality North East journo?

I don't think hes sold out, hes doing his job. Now why is it still Ashley can do no wrong in your eyes when hes incapable or unwilling to do what you want, what will deleiver Newcastle United into your promised land of Brazil 70 type football. He appointed another idiot instead. Suck it up CT, hes fucked up again.

As much as the appointment was baffling, who cares now why it was made. The point is that Kinnear is a shambles, and we are screwed. I'll be shocked if Carr is here for long now.

Edited by aimaad22

Hey nothing's impossible I just think his track record speaks for himself and he probably has several trusted contacts that he checks with before printing any old story.

These are probably contacts that he's worked with over the years and have no allegiance whatsoever to Ashley or Kinnear.

I think Ashley couldn't give a fuck what any of us think anyway.

You mean like Steven Taylor or Peter Beardsley?

No, that's how the media operates. Now....ANSWER THE QUESTION!! :lol:

Stop dodging. ;)

You said Simon Bird, a very respected north east journalist is writing propaganda stories for Ashley.

I think that's fairly unlikely.

Stop dodging. ;)

You said Simon Bird, a very respected north east journalist is writing propaganda stories for Ashley.

I think that's fairly unlikely.

So do I, but we live in strange times. No one else has come out with this particular slant, one person has spoken only to him. Now, about Ashley....hes unwtttingly trying to ruin this football club yet again, agreed?...after all his good work since 2009, he cant help himself royaly fucking things up. And you think hes great :lol:

As for Ashley.......

Who cares ;)

There's lots he's done wrong and some stuff he's got right as far as Im concerned.

I think the truth of the man is he sets ground rules and let's others get on with the day to day of running the club.

As its all fell apart last season and in fighting has broken out he has had to take action. By the looks of things Llambias had got too snuggled up and wasn't sorting the situation. Cue Kinnear.

Now while nobody is thrilled with Kinnear, that's who Ashley trusts to sort out the mess and tell him straight.

Not my ideal of how the club should be run but there's very few times in its recent history when it has been run well.

As I said the other day I think this situation is on a knife edge and could go either way. It just may be that Kinnears bluntness cuts through the crap that is going on.

So do I, but we live in strange times. No one else has come out with this particular slant

Hold on, I suggested this situation of Carr blaming Pardew and Pardew blaming Carr, 48 hours before Bird went to print.

Maybe he just lifted it ;)

So do I, but we live in strange times. No one else has come out with this particular slant, one person has spoken only to him. Now, about Ashley....hes unwtttingly trying to ruin this football club yet again, agreed?...after all his good work since 2009, he cant help himself royaly fucking things up. And you think hes great :lol:

He's by no means ideal, but at least we still have a club.

As much as the appointment was baffling, who cares now why it was made. The point is that Kinnear is a shambles, and we are screwed. I'll be shocked if Carr is here for long now.

Nail on the head, there's no explanation for the appointment because he's incapable of doing any sort of job for the club. Unless, of course, that job is to come in and fuck up all the other employees hard work.

Joe Kinnear has revealed his deter-mination to get to the bottom of Newcastle United’s problems – by carrying out a thorough audit of the entire club.

United’s director of football is set to leave the Magpies’ Continental talent search to chief scout Graham Carr.

The bulk of Kinnear’s early work at United will take place at the club’s Benton base – starting on July 1 when the backroom staff return from the closed season break.

Kinnear was due to be on Tyneside yesterday but cancelled his trip north when a deal to bring soon to be out of contract FC Twente defender Douglas fell through.

However, he will carry out a thorough assessment of day-to-day life at United in the coming weeks.

Kinnear says he has “101” items on his busy agenda with Newcastle, with work already under way after meeting manager Alan Pardew in London this week.

Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I’ll be looking at 101 things. I’ll be looking at everything – the training, the players, the attitudes.

“I’ll be up there. I’ll be down the training ground.

“I’ll be working out of the training ground – I’ve got an office there.”

Kinnear’s reception on Tyneside has been a frosty one from supporters who don’t see the logic in bringing back a man who has been out of the game for four years.

But the former Republic of Ireland international has maintained a close relationship with Toon tycoon Mike Ashley, who will now be kept up to date by Kinnear via regular conference calls from the North East.

Ashley lost his managing director Derek Llambias this week after he resigned during the aftermath of Kinnear’s appointment last weekend.

Yet it was always going to be the case that Ashley would be gaining a full diagnosis as to how things are unfolding at the training ground.

United’s backroom coaching team will remain the same, but Kinnear will cast an eye over training sessions at Benton with a watching brief.

On his return to Newcastle, Kinnear insisted he would not interfere with tactics or selection. But, having already met Pardew, he has told the ex-Crystal Palace player his door is always open.

Kinnear said: “What I’m doing is overseeing everything at the club.

“I’m looking at the coaches and how they work.

“I’m looking at everything else that goes on in football.

“I’m going to sit down with the manager and see what can improve us.”

Kinnear is also expected to hold one-on-one discussions with reserve team chief Willie Donachie and development manager Peter Beardsley.

Ashley is keen to develop a strong second string in order to give Pardew a solid support system if injuries kick in once again.

Metz teenager Olivier Kemen will join the club officially on July 1, and it is believed that there will be more signings of this calibre in the next few months.

The club’s Under-21s have an extensive pre-season programme, and Kinnear will be attending a clutch of their fixtures, as well as balancing out his attendance at first-team friendlies.

Newcastle suffered a drastic slide down the table last season after finishing fifth in 2011-12.

It was a performance that earned Pardew both the LMA and Premier League manager of the year honours, but his popularity dipped with some sections of fans.

Kinnear is understood to have set a target of a top-10 finish next term but top six in the next two years of his freshly-signed, three-year deal.

Kinnear says: “Two years ago we finished fifth.

“That was an exceptionally good year.

“What I want to know myself, when I sit down with Alan, is what was the cause of such a drastic second season. Instead of building on the first one, what was the drastic situation that got us to where we almost got relegated.

“Whether it was the Europa League dragging us into extra matches, I don’t know.

“I’m going to sit down, and I want to hear it from Alan and other people connected with the club.”

United fans are eager to know who will be calling the shots when it comes to incoming transfers.

But chief talent spotter Carr’s role at Newcastle does not change.

Ashley has an enormous amount of faith in the ex-Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City chief scout. And he has been delighted by finds such as Hatem Ben Arfa, Cheick Tiote, Papiss Cisse, Yohan Cabaye and Moussa Sissoko.

It is now thought that Kinnear will feed back recommendations from Carr (pictured left) to Pardew.

Kinnear said: “I’ll be the one who sits down with Alan Pardew and says lets get this guy.

Edited by Christmas Tree