Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

The kinnear pantomime continues. He's like a sad old drunk swinging at thin air. Instead of worrying about his pride the idiot should get on with his job

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for him not doing anymore interviews....

Kinnear: I am like the fans

Joe Kinnear claims he has a huge affection for the fans of Newcastle United, saying 'they have a similar attitude to me'.

The 66-year-old is attempting to build bridges following a difficult start to his new role at St James' Park, where he was recently appointed the club's new director of football.

Last week, he criticised the club's fans saying he was 'more intelligent than them', before hitting back at Toon legend Alan Shearer after he questioned Kinnear's appointment.

Kinnear, who was manager at Newcastle for six months during the 2008/09 season, is now trying recover some lost ground with the fans.

He told The Chronicle: "They are like me up there, they appreciate hard work.

"I am from a council estate and I have been taught the values of hard work.

"A lot of the fans up there have that attitude. They want to see their team do as well as possible.

"When things are not going right, they stamp their feet - and so they should.

"It is part of the culture up there and you have to take the criticism when you do not do well.

"When I was there as manager, I was doing a great job. The team was away from the relegation area but the media were on my back.

"At the end of the day I love the fans up there. I fell in love with them.

"None of the media liked what I said to them. But I tell you, I did not say one bad word about the fans.

"You have to remember you are representing the fans up here. That is what I have to do - work hard to get the club going forward again."

Newcastle won five of the 26 games played under Kinnear.

Sick and tired of this haggard old scrote already. Just fuck off to that new office that's been built for you (probably someones just given the broom cupboard a clear out) and shut your fucking trap. What a fucking cunt this man is :lol:

Edited by Sonatine

So much for him not doing anymore interviews....

Sick and tired of this haggard old scrote already. Just fuck off to you new office that's been built for you (probably someones just given the broom cupboard a clear out) and shut your fucking trap. What a fucking cunt this man is :lol:

Eloquently put, take a bow Sir.

:good:

If we're to even try and swallow that crap, it's better to call Newcastle "here" rather than continually refer to it as "there" , like you are just visiting from your true home (if only)

Cracks me up that he thinks we're so stupid that it wasn't the 4 wins from 18 in the league, it was the poor football, it was the Media that turned us against him.

Honestly just shut up Kinnear man. So Newcastle is now one big council estate and we're all thicker than him, cheers there Joe. Why doesn't he come back from this "Holiday" and actually do some work for us rather than lounging about and talking about "up there".

Time for people to get off his back and see what he achieves.

If he can consolidate the camp so that everyone's on the same page then great.

At least he'll be looking at things with football eyes rather than Llambias snake eyes.

At least he'll be looking at things with football eyes rather than Llambias snake eyes.

How many ridiculous soundbites have we had from Kinnear now? He's spending more time blabbering to the press than doing anything constructive. Don't forget we could've had a new CB in were it not for his timely arrival.

3 things:

1. What do you expect a DoF to "acheive" that is tangible to your average Mag?

2. you're a fine one to talk about getting off someones back with your attitude to Pardew

3. For someone without any issues about Mike Ashley, you dont appear to be too keen on any of his appointments....

How many ridiculous soundbites have we had from Kinnear now? He's spending more time blabbering to the press than doing anything constructive. Don't forget we could've had a new CB in were it not for his timely arrival.

So he's a bit silly when jabbering on.

Not long ago we complained the club didnt communicate enough!

First day in Tyneside and keeping the local journos happy.

Finally let's judge the squad September 1st.

I predict everyone will love Joe by Christmas.

3 things:

1. What do you expect a DoF to "acheive" that is tangible to your average Mag?

2. you're a fine one to talk about getting off someones back with your attitude to Pardew

3. For someone without any issues about Mike Ashley, you dont appear to be too keen on any of his appointments....

3 things.

1. Stop the warring between Carr and Pardew.

Have more understanding of the football issues than Llambias.

Liase better with Ashley regarding football matters.

Possibly spot training issues that Llambias wouldn't and offer solutions.

2. I want / wanted Pardew gone last November due to looming relegation. You suggested I was a drama queen but agreed he should go if we were still facing relegation in March.

Same view months apart ( or have you changed it)?

3. I have issues with Ashley, his appointments and his running of the club but good things have also happened under his control and I would rather have him than Shepherd, Mort etc.

Really??? Or is that tongue in cheek? That has to be tongue in cheek right? We could be top of the league at Christmas and I'd still think he was a buffoon.

So he's a bit silly when jabbering on.

Not long ago we complained the club didnt communicate enough!

First day in Tyneside and keeping the local journos happy.

Finally let's judge the squad September 1st.

A bit silly...

I stopped reading the post after that. :dunno: