Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

Would anyone take Poyet over Pardew? This could be one big ruse to get Pardew to quit. No-one actually knows the ins and outs of Pardews 8 year deal. Maybe they do actually owe him 7 years wages if he leaves? The one year clause is only a rumour

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you might find Poyet is a bit of a pragmatist too...I've seen Brighton a couple of times over the last 18 months or so and they struck me as a sort of "win the battle first, then try to play your football" sort of outfit.Trouble is, a lot of the time its all "battle", it certainly was the first time we played at the Amex. Theres a couple of season ticket holders Where I work who say as much too. Thats probably why theyve failed to make much impression bar the play offs.

I'm going to be an idiot and just see what happens before getting too angry.

He's been mouthing off already and thereby making the club look woefully unprofessional. He still can't get players' names right, and he's had no experience as a DoF.

Not to mention his claims to be more intelligent than the fanbase. :lol:

He'll likely have to retire again due to his health but he shouldn't be in any managerial capacity in football anyway.

He listened to 'Allardyce for England'. Pardew was crucified last season (perhaps rightly so) but we all knew Ashley is a mad man who appoints what can only politely be described as 'leftfield choices'.

It wasnt 'be careful' that was used in the argument. It was 'lets look at what he has done in the past and use that as a gauge for his future behaviour'. That point of view has now been proven spot on but repeating it now the act has been committed makes me insane?

Ok.

Wasn't Allardyce Shepherd's last appointment just before Ashley bought the Club? IIRC when they brought in Keegan they said that they wanted to bring in their own man and that they had 'listened to the fans'. Probably the only time they really did (Ashley certainly didn't keep his word when he said he listened to the fans and promised to sell the club) - and probably the only major decision they got right.

Which fans were asking for Keegan? Came out of the blue for me...

It's how they explained the appointment iirc and was rather more meaning that they wanted to fulfil people's wishes than these wishes being openly expressed. It was when Ashley tried to be popular, something he certainly doesn't try to be any more

Edited by Isegrim

Oh yeah I was elated when he came back as I would be but there wasn't any clamour for him before that - I didn't think he'd come back ever I suppose

I honestly thought this was a joke when I heard. I think I briefly checked to see if it were April 1st with me having been in an impromptu coma for 10 months. I thought that were more likely. This is craziness. Director of Football? I wouldn't trust the guy to direct the trip for ice creams after under-6s. Nice flounce btw CT. Sad I missed it. ;)

if you look what we had to go out: we went to non-league clubs and found players.

We trained and worked them and then sold them for millions' date=' as simple as that.

So they say I haven't had any experience in buying and selling players – sure I have.

I bought Dean Holdsworth for 50 grand – sold him for £3m.

Cost £720k sold for £3.5m

I sold John Scales for £3m – he was a free transfer.

He sold scales for £3.5m, and he had cost £70k....but that was in 1987. Kinnear was in Nepal at the time

I sold Robbie Earle for x, y, z.

Robbie Earle retired from football while at Wimbledon. He had cost £750k

I sold Marcus Gale,

Marcus Gayle was bought for £250k and sold for £900k...but left wimbledon 2 years after Kinnear.

Leonhardsen,

Cost £650k and sold for £3.5m

Micky Hartford

Cost £50k and finished his career at Wimbledon

John Hartson,

Cost £7.5m sold for £6m

Hans Seigers

Cost £180k while Joe was in Nepal, didn't fetch any fee when he moved on.

most of them were free transfers. And we sold to survive so I know exactly what type of players are needed and what type of players are needed to play.

In addition to correcting Kinnear, I've had a look at his other buys and sells that surpassed a million...

Efan Ekoku

Cost £1m

Sold £0.5m

Ben Thatcher

Cost £1.7m

Sold £5m

Mark Kennedy

Cost £1.75m

Sold Free

Andy Roberts

Cost £2m

Sold Free