Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

Whats wrong with Taylor :lol:

He's here to oversee whats going on and keep Ashley informed. People are getting a bit carried away because he's not very good at speaking in public. He did bring us Nolan and Over the wall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22961704

Thats no good if he pisses off the bloke who brought in half the French squad though, who are a tiny bit better.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . . ANNND . . he's off again :lol:

The offy must've opened early .

From .com

Another day, another uncontrolled outburst from JFK:

"Every top club in the land has got one (a director of football). We havent thats the difference. The manager cant do everything.

"Im probably the only football manager to be a director of football. I dont know any other ex-managers who have (Dennis Wise? David Pleat? Kenny Dalglish?)

"Ive been a manager for 35 years. Ive been Manager of the Year. Ive won every award there is in football as a player (excluding mere trinkets like a domestic league championship or any individual awards...)

"I think all those qualities put me head and shoulders above every other director of football.

"Some directors of football have never played the game - im lending my experience as a manager for all those years - 10 years at Wimbledon+, two years at Nottingham Forest#, two years winning promotion at Luton and, of course, almost two years at Newcastle*.

+ in reality, 7 years and 2 months

# in reality, 10 months

*in reality, 137 days

"I would still be there had it (the heart attack) not occurred.

:lol: Fucking Hell man. You have to laugh.

Wasn't there an announcement made that (as was the case last season) only Alan Pardew would be doing the public speaking for the club.

Kinnear must have had a circumcision accident because he seems to be permanently half cocked.

Thing is , by the way these gushings get reported it seems like he just lets rip with this backstory stuff rather than perhaps answering specific questions on what he thinks he brings to the job or whatever ?

Oliver Holt wrote a canny piece on his insecurities and these self -vindication statements a week or so ago .

I think we all 'get' that he's here by now - in all honesty it's time he just stopped bumping his fucking gums and got on with whateverthefuck .

Wasn't there an announcement made that (as was the case last season) only Alan Pardew would be doing the public speaking for the club.

I'm sure said statement actually came from himself (ie JK) as well ! Edited by LoveTheBobby

What strikes me as strange is that when Kinnear was on the radio he was bragging about signing Perch (which he didn't) and Perch is first out the door...

hopefully that's an indication of the influence he really has

You start to wonder about the reasons Ashley has to do stuff like this.

The best I can come up with is that our 5th place finish was built on the back of poor performances, but the opposition were worse. We need the opposition to underestimate us as much as they did that season. Even then, anyone that turned up would knock three, four or five past us.

Joe Kinnear is THE PERFECT man to bring in and have the opposition expecting total disarray at the club and a walk in the park on the pitch.

Whats wrong with Taylor :lol:

He's here to oversee whats going on and keep Ashley informed. People are getting a bit carried away because he's not very good at speaking in public. He did bring us Nolan and Over the wall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22961704

Taylor arse licks every single manager that we appoint. He's a proper arshole.

Nolan was abysmal for us as well the year we went down, as was Ryan Taylor.

I liked Nolan but that's going a bit far. He was hardly an unknown when we signed him either. You're clutching at straws defending the indefensible as usual CT.

I'm not clutching at nothing. In my opinion people are over reacting.

Nolan was a good buy end of.

And Im certainly not defending JFK. I don't think he has done much yet that warrants defending. He's crap at dealing with the media however I'm sure it will all settle down and every one will get on with what's important.

It may work out it may not but the hysteria at the moment is ott.

I'm not clutching at nothing. In my opinion people are over reacting.

Nolan was a good buy end of.

And Im certainly not defending JFK. I don't think he has done much yet that warrants defending. He's crap at dealing with the media however I'm sure it will all settle down and every one will get on with what's important.

It may work out it may not but the hysteria at the moment is ott.

Agree Nolan was a good buy but so what? JFK was an awful manager, and there's no suggestion he will be a good DOF (before usurping Pardew and becoming manager, of course).

It's not hysteria at all. I am quite calm when I say we are almost certainties for a relegation battle we won't survive now.

And guess what? I don't give a shit any more. Ashley has finally sucked any hope I had for our club out of me. He suckered me into pissing 600 quid on a season ticket last year and I probably won't even attend most matches, selling my ticket now when I can and giving it away when I can't. Come February, it's cancelled no matter how we are doing. I bet there are 1000s like me as well.

See this is an immediate effect Ashley had caused through his ridiculous actions, and all this on the back of a potentially brilliant position last year. In a way though, I feel liberated, Ashley has really done well in convincing me how pointless supporting NUFC is. Like you, I'll be quite happy to spend my weekends more productively from now on. :)

Agree Nolan was a good buy but so what? JFK was an awful manager, and there's no suggestion he will be a good DOF (before usurping Pardew and becoming manager, of course).

It's not hysteria at all. I am quite calm when I say we are almost certainties for a relegation battle we won't survive now.

And guess what? I don't give a shit any more. Ashley has finally sucked any hope I had for our club out of me. He suckered me into pissing 600 quid on a season ticket last year and I probably won't even attend most matches, selling my ticket now when I can and giving it away when I can't. Come February, it's cancelled no matter how we are doing. I bet there are 1000s like me as well.

See this is an immediate effect Ashley had caused through his ridiculous actions, and all this on the back of a potentially brilliant position last year. In a way though, I feel liberated, Ashley has really done well in convincing me how pointless supporting NUFC is. Like you, I'll be quite happy to spend my weekends more productively from now on. :)

The more intelligent (less committed) of us were able to make this decision sooner. ;)

I thought CT was planning on talking less about football, now that he has given up his ticket and claims to be more detached as a result. Simultaneously claiming detachment and telling paying fans to chillax about Joe Kinnear... That's not gonna end well. :lol:

Why don't you show your support for Joe by renewing your season ticket CT?

Happy to sell him mine, one of the best value fir money seats you can get as well, which is one reason I persevered (half way line East stand). CT, even the pie queue is minimal where I sit. ;)

:lol:

Nolan, a player with a decade of experience in England behind him, needed time to settle, but not the half a team we brought in from France in January.

I think any player arriving into such a poisonous rebellious situation would have struggled to adjust, particularly playing and training with players who couldn't give a shit.

The more intelligent (less committed) of us were able to make this decision sooner. ;)

I thought CT was planning on talking less about football, now that he has given up his ticket and claims to be more detached as a result. Simultaneously claiming detachment and telling paying fans to chillax about Joe Kinnear... That's not gonna end well. :lol:

Less doesn't mean never.

I always like an underdog and this has all the ingredients of a Hollywood blockbuster to rival Rocky.

Go Joe.

Player didnt settle in straight away shocker!

Ha, and could Kinnear not have helped experienced Premier League footballer Kevin Nolan settle into a new club?

EDIT: Whoops, HF got there first.

I think any player arriving into such a poisonous rebellious situation would have struggled to adjust, particularly playing and training with players who couldn't give a shit.

And I wonder who didn't help any of that?

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

As has been said, who was responsible for this toxic, rebellious situation? :lol:

JFK is going to he our next manager. Only you could be happy with this situation.