Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

As long as he was bollocking the entire team for being an embarrassment that's fine, but to single a lad you've brought on as a sub for that is a joke tbh. Fed up of the lot of them atm.

Absolutely ridiculous the way we've treated him. Not saying he doesnt have any faults, but we bring him on when the games basically lost, and then expect miracles. Not to mention the set up and tactics of our team are so bloody bad he mostly doesnt have many other options rather than to try and go it alone or take a shot from distance.

Playing Gosling yesterday really should be the last straw. Hope he can find himself a good club in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

How did they let him? Don't you mean how did he let himself?

If Pardew was in charge of my footballing destiny with a world cup looming, I'd be on lard dumplings with extra butter too

"Ben Arfa has been told that if he is to be picked he must start showing signs of the player who once wooed the St James’ Park with great indvidual goals against Bolton and Blackburn and must brush up on his team play."

Bonkers.

"we want you to be scoring wondergoals, but could you please also be a defensive midfielder?"

The thing is Pardew's got some nerve talking to Ben Arfa about his discipline, when he's in the middle of a touchline ban for his own lack of discipline. I hope Ben Arfa points that out to him.

I disagree, he's clearly a talented footballer but also clearly has an attitude problem. As a professional footballer on a hefty wage he should at the very minimum have enough pride in himself to stay in decent shape and whether he likes it or not he should be contributing to the team in the way the manager asks.

However, we knew exactly what we were getting when we signed him and it's no surprise that it's going to end the way it will.

Edited by ewerk

16th April 2014

physioroom.com

H. Ben Arfa Hip/Thigh injury no return date

Maybe the meeting with Pardew didn't go so well.

:lol:

It's all just so depressingly predictable, isn't it?

:suicide:

lol so the medal winning international who went through clairfontaine lacks discipline and sets a bad example, he's got french young player of the year various cups and league medals and then moved to newcastle and has been forced to rot, the example is for anyone at the club who isn't brutal is to get out asap to be frank.

I think the word is disillusionment, anyone no matter how professional or disciplined will get fucked off when they're under appreciated or misused or managed by a moron in any job/career/sport.

I'd say his lack of effort in training and anything else probably stems from a combo of that, make him a key player in the role he deserves on his talent and he'll play for you, try put the foot down hoof him on the bench and make him third string to gosling and co and that's what happens.

A better man manager wouldn't have issue with Ben Arfa, someone like Robson or Keegan would have him running the show and busting his balls for them.

Load of shite. He's been fat as fuck for ages. The kid is just a prick. I'm not saying Pardew isn't an arsehole, but this is the age old Newcastle fan tendency to completely absolve flair players of any blame.