Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

Reckon he'd get anywhere fucking near a Rafa team?

Nope, but then neither would Robert or Ginola. They don't work hard enough. Who are our 1st choice wingers now? Matt Ritchie and Yoann Gouffran. Neither fit to lace the boots of the Tricolor Trio, but they don't half graft.

Kuyt was workmanlike despite not being Perch. Would HBA have gotten in Rafa's side RW ahead of him?

... No, because Dirk Kuyt is graft over guile. However, Ben Arfa is a better footballer than Dirk Kuyt. And not all managers play like Rafa does. Keegan and Robson didn't, off the top of my head and Ben Arfa would have got in both of their teams.

Nope, but then neither would Robert or Ginola. They don't work hard enough. Who are our 1st choice wingers now? Matt Ritchie and Yoann Gouffran. Neither fit to lace the boots of the Tricolor Trio, but they don't half graft.

Β 

I love Robert as much as the next man but I don't think he's that much, if any better than Ritchie will be for us. The lad looks like he's got a bit about him and not just graft.

Ah so he's probably right then

:lol: Ginola and Robert wouldn't have, they're probably shit as well. Ditto Ibrahimovic, Le Tissier, Cantona, etc.

Β 

What's Ben Arfa got to do with Rafa man? The discussion is about whether it's reasonable to hate an ex-footballer because he isn't the complete package. I'd say it's not reasonable and smacks of misplaced frustrations.

Β 

Nobody is saying he's perfect, in fact most temper their praise by including criticisms.Β 

I love Robert as much as the next man but I don't think he's that much, if any better than Ritchie will be for us. The lad looks like he's got a bit about him and not just graft.

Yeah that's fair, Ritchie is a rare mix of graft and technique. Think Robert was more likely to do the utterly preposterous and had more pace, but Ritchie adds more to this version of Newcastle United than Robert would.

Edited by The Fish

Yeah I don't think Ritchie will ever be the kind of player we look back on and remember moments of him scoring 'that' wondergoal or 'that' mazy dribble, but if he hangs around long enough he could end up with a similar sort of reputation as people like Rob Lee (not saying he's as good, but you know what I mean).

Comparing Shearer to Ben Arfa is fucking ludicrous (on any front).

Β 

People go overboard criticising the fat, lazy waste of space. Β People also go way overboard defending him. Β Quelle surprise!

:lol: Ginola and Robert wouldn't have, they're probably shit as well. Ditto Ibrahimovic, Le Tissier, Cantona, etc.

Β 

What's Ben Arfa got to do with Rafa man? The discussion is about whether it's reasonable to hate an ex-footballer because he isn't the complete package. I'd say it's not reasonable and smacks of misplaced frustrations.

Β 

Nobody is saying he's perfect, in fact most temper their praise by including criticisms.

Fair enough if the criticism is his shooting isn't too accurate. No excuse for a bad attitude