Your Favourite Flop?

KrulsCurtains

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we signed Glass from Aberdeen Tyne Tees showed some carefully selected clips of him and I remember really looking forward to seeing him play. Never really happened for him here. Him being part of SBR's regular triple substitution seemed to be as good as it got for him. Then Boateng pretty much assaulted him when we played Coventry.

Saw him play for a second-division US team last week. Didn't stand out at all. It took until well into the second half that I noticed he was even on the pitch. I thought he'd be a good player at the time, too. IIRC he looked decent for Watford after he left us too, but was derailed by injuries. It's too bad because one of the biggest problems I feel like we had back then was balance; we had Solano on the right but no one on the left until Robert came in.

John Dahl, wasnt for the effort and when he scored that first goal, I think the whole stadium sighed in relief but I can still remember the expression on his face. Could have been a cracking player for us if used correctly.

A good shout. Always one of the ones that bugged me most how successful he was once he left. Thrust into the wrong place due to injuries and ridiculous decisions (Shearer, Ferdinand, Asprilla.) Was paired with Ian Rush FFS, wasn't he?

How's Xisco getting on lately btw?

Linked with Nancy I heard.

Not sure if there's any clubs interested in him though.

Linked with being a Nancy more like...

Andreas Andersson (can't remember if he played with the aformentioned Jon Dahl to form a prolific strike partnership or whether he was his replacement :) )

Des Hamilton (was always good on champ as a utility player but dreadful in real life)