Your Favourite Flop?

KrulsCurtains

Guest alex
Bernard, what an absolute waste of talent.

Bernard wasn't really a flop here though (ignoring that daft 2nd spell) but I know what you're saying. Domi is a better shout for me. Bags of ability, heart the size of a pea.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernard wasn't really a flop here though (ignoring that daft 2nd spell) but I know what you're saying. Domi is a better shout for me. Bags of ability, heart the size of a pea.

Mind his reason for leaving :( . Newcastle was an evil town full of "pagans".

Bernard was class, best left back show I've seen off a toon player in the San Siro. Was his agent fucking his head up that ruined him. West Ham ;) oh dear.

Bernard was class, best left back show I've seen off a toon player in the San Siro. Was his agent fucking his head up that ruined him. West Ham :( oh dear.

Shame it all went to crepe for him.

Bernard was class, best left back show I've seen off a toon player in the San Siro. Was his agent fucking his head up that ruined him. West Ham :( oh dear.

Shame it all went to crepe for him.

I like what you did there ;)

I'm not going to go for the obvious and say Owen even though he was the worst pound for pound signing we had, the most disappointed I've been for a player we've signed where I expected him to do well was John Robertson. For those that are younger, Robertson had a very good scoring record for Hearts and was bought with some of the proceeds of the Gazza fee. Unfortunately we were never the same side when Gazza went as he and Paul Goddard were missed and our migdet strikeforce of Robertson and Mirandinha struggled to get on the end of the punts upfield from Dave Beasant and our other defenders. We sold him back after relegation to his club and he started scoring again. Typical.

I remember one particularly woeful game at home when we only had one shot in the whole game and it was blocked by our very own John Robertson (Mirandinha shot).

Wonder if he has made enough to retire on.

I'm not going to go for the obvious and say Owen even though he was the worst pound for pound signing we had, the most disappointed I've been for a player we've signed where I expected him to do well was John Robertson. For those that are younger, Robertson had a very good scoring record for Hearts and was bought with some of the proceeds of the Gazza fee. Unfortunately we were never the same side when Gazza went as he and Paul Goddard were missed and our migdet strikeforce of Robertson and Mirandinha struggled to get on the end of the punts upfield from Dave Beasant and our other defenders. We sold him back after relegation to his club and he started scoring again. Typical.

I remember one particularly woeful game at home when we only had one shot in the whole game and it was blocked by our very own John Robertson (Mirandinha shot).

To be fair to the bloke our side were truly shit that year and we never created much, I think we were the lowest scorers and finished bottom, deservedly.

Guest alex

Robertson was pretty hyped when he came. He'd been the top scorer in Scotland 3 seasons running or something like that. That was back when the likes of Liverpool regularly won things with teams stocked full of sweaties as well.

To be fair to the bloke our side were truly shit that year and we never created much, I think we were the lowest scorers and finished bottom, deservedly.

Aye. Andy Thorn was another we thought might be good. He wasnt.

Aye. Andy Thorn was another we thought might be good. He wasnt.

My first away game was the Everton 4-0 hiding we had on the first game of that season, should've been 8-0. The season didn't get much better, 1-0 down after 34 seconds. Awful season. And that was us spending every penny on gazza and co's replacements, as well! :(

Regarding Bramble, I used to say the same thing about confidence. There were runs of games he went on and the crowd would chant 'Bramble for England'. Scored some important goals too(specifically in Europe iirc).

Anyway, when I said this in an effort to defend him to my gaffer in work, he wouldn't accept it, says centre halves shouldn't be confidence players and due to that he'd never be good enough.

Pancrate has to go down as an awful player aswell, he was fucking woeful on the field, showed nowt apart from that goal against Watford

That goal won me nearly 500 quid. Was me birthday too iirc.

Plus he was a free transfer when we were down in The Championship. Scored that one and set up a couple of Ryan Taylor goals too so I can't say it was too bad. The only mystifying thing was why he was signed in the first place when there was the likes of Lua Lua who could have probably done the same job.

Parker for me. Liked how he played in some of the matches (i.e. where he had a tooth knocked out against arsenal (iirc) and kept playing, or when he slid into J. Cole and flipped him over). I always thought he could do more though.

I remember when we signed Geremi and all the papers were saying it was the signing of the season, etc. How wrong they were.

I saw him against Celtic and told all me pals he was the best signing since Bellamy :( That game against Celtic he looked quick energetic, he was spraying first time balls 50 yards to feet, I thought at last we have a top centre midfielder. Dear me, by the time he left I felt as bad about him as I did about Babayaro.

I read an interview with FFS saying Babayaro was the most disgraceful employee he'd seen in 40 years of his working life.

I thought this thread was about players who were shite who you had a soft spot for anyway.

When we signed Glass from Aberdeen Tyne Tees showed some carefully selected clips of him and I remember really looking forward to seeing him play. Never really happened for him here. Him being part of SBR's regular triple substitution seemed to be as good as it got for him. Then Boateng pretty much assaulted him when we played Coventry.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

I tell you who was shite but I used to like Lua Lua. He was shit for the toon in terms of product, but when he came on you didn't know what he was going to do, and neither did he, anything could happen. Leverkusen away in the CL was his best game, him and Shola were like Lineker and Beardsley that neet.

I tell you who was shite but I used to like Lua Lua. He was shit for the toon in terms of product, but when he came on you didn't know what he was going to do, and neither did he, anything could happen. Leverkusen away in the CL was his best game, him and Shola were like Lineker and Beardsley that neet.

That time he was shipped out on loan to Portsmouth and we didn't bother to put in the clause that meant he couldn't play against us...nailed on to score and he did. Still grates to this day thinking about it.