Things you were right about

ChezGiven

oh, and mancmag talks shite and is a deluded cunt who can't even admit that he has been proven to be totally incorrect in his assertions of the previous owners.

[seeing as he appears to have returned from his exile, but at least he didn't look at this message board to see what I had been saying while he is on holiday like Fish did ] :) :)

Tbf I've never called you a 'cunt' even though we've had our differences for a few years now. Cunt or not, I still think we all want what's best by this club at the end of the day. We'd look right wankers wasting our time posting on here and arguing with each other otherwise. :)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and mancmag talks shite and is a deluded cunt who can't even admit that he has been proven to be totally incorrect in his assertions of the previous owners.

[seeing as he appears to have returned from his exile, but at least he didn't look at this message board to see what I had been saying while he is on holiday like Fish did ] :) :)

Tbf I've never called you a 'cunt' even though we've had our differences for a few years now. Cunt or not, I still think we all want what's best by this club at the end of the day. We'd look right wankers wasting our time posting on here and arguing with each other otherwise. :)

Did they let you out for good behaviour then?

Welcome back mate :)

Welcome back mancy

And Chez, I was also right that Barton would be our player of the season this year.

And of course I was also right that Ashley would get it right (however I appreciate I might not get this point until the window has closed).

On Tuesday evening, Newcastle supporter group ‘United For Newcastle’ spoke to Simon Esland, the Head of Customer Relations at Newcastle United, regarding the possible relocation of the Leazes Corner singing section. Below is a summary of the discussion that took place, courtesy of Krishan from United for Newcastle.

Firstly, we asked Simon if he was aware of the petition that we started on February 16 2011 to which he responded: “I know of it, but I haven’t actually taken a look at its content. It would be great to see what it is all about, and what fans are saying”. We explained to him that the purpose of the petition was not encouraging the club to shelve its new seating arrangements for 2011/12 but to simply relocate the Level Seven singing section to another location in the stadium, with Level Four of Leazes Corner being the most obvious choice.

Simon genuinely seemed impressed that we had exceeded our target of 2,000 signatures (currently, the petition is only 100 names short of 3,000 signatures). In order for Simon to fully understand the petition we have sent it to him and suggested that he reads some of the comments made by fans. We hope this will show the club just how important the singing section is to so many supporters, how strongly people feel about its relocation and its importance to the atmosphere at St James’ Park.

We mentioned to Simon that the singing section was officially announced to the club in May 2008 and suggested that May would be a great time to announce any such plans again. Simon responded: “We’re taking the views of fans into consideration, and will be until the end of April. May could be a time for this to happen”.

We felt that it was important to see how the club felt about Leazes Corner and Simon made no secret of his opinion of the fans in that area of the stadium: “The supporters in Leazes Corner create an incredible atmosphere and the section is an important part of the St James’ match day experience. However, until the season ticket situation becomes clearer, which it won’t do until the end of April, we can’t set anything in stone. It would be great to speak again in a month and see what progress we can make”.

This gives all of us a whole month to prepare and back the relocation of the singing section as much as possible. This is not only a United For Newcastle initiative, but something that we believe is in the interest of every Newcastle supporter and the club itself.

Ideally, we would have all of St James’ rocking at all times, but not all fans enjoy singing at football matches. In the words of Chris Mort: “Creating a section in the ground where like-minded fans – who enjoy singing – can come together to generate a great atmosphere and get behind the team for 90 minutes“.

4-0 up or 0-4 down, if there’s one thing you can predict at St James’ Park it will be the noise coming from the Leazes Corner. We saw the effectiveness of a singing section in the home draw against Arsenal. At 0-4 down, whilst some supporters had their heads in their hands, and others were leaving the stadium, it was the singing section relentlessly spurring the Toon on. When the Leazes and Gallowgate are in full-swing the atmosphere at St James’ is arguably the best in the country and it is us fans who help turn 0-4 down, into a 4-4 draw.

The petition and the relocation of the singing section now has the backing of the NUST, NUFC.com and various other Newcastle United related websites and fanzines (ed – including us at Leazes Terrace). We have also been told that there will be an article in the Evening Chronicle this week about what we are trying to do.

We hope that the club will realise that the relocation of the singing section is the right thing to do, to ensure St James’ Park keeps the atmosphere that not only makes us famous around the world but will always inspire those playing in the black and white.

The team at United For Newcastle would like to thank everybody for their continued support of the group and the petition, we hope to have a website soon.

Dirty Boots, I apologise now for saying the club were probably expecting a Kevin Miles type and Kevin and Perry turn up, but imo all Simon is doing is towing the party line.

Will be interesting to see what happens when you meet him in April.

Proven on that very thread.

Welcome back mancy

And Chez, I was also right that Barton would be our player of the season this year.

And of course I was also right that Ashley would get it right (however I appreciate I might not get this point until the window has closed).

:)

CT in full mong mode.

Like a slapped bitch.

Looking for my posts with the phrase "I predict" in them....

In January '09 I predicted we'd stay up and Hull would go down.

In October I predicted Arsenal would beat us.

In December i predicted a shit replacement for Hughton and no sale of the club

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...hlite=I+predict

I am your shaman god.

Got beat 4-0 at Oldham the other night, hopefully its not an Orient style springboard. Their best 11 is pretty shite, I guarantee they won't come up

About Leeds.

I don't really think we will get those crowds Stevie until we get the league positions that go with it, and we wouldn't have done in the first instance. No way of proving that I know that, but I think this coming season, you may be surprised at the drop unless something big changes within the club. We will still get big crowds relatively speaking, but not the outstanding crowds. Time will tell.

You must see the club is in decline though ?

People have been saying this for years on these boards NO here other boards, and I've been contradicting them. People said when we went 28000 would be the norm, I knew for a FACT, we wouldnt get less than 42000 on a regular basis. Our average turn oot of 44,000 is unparalleled in the modern era by any club on earth largely speaking, and to be honestly. I would say without question that is OUTSTANDING. A club nobheads class almost as big as us Leeds United get 20,000 less than that, and most of their support can remember them being English champions in 1992. Newcastle are phenomenon by any standards in any sport, in any country, in any walk of life.

This season and I'm repeating myself we will average 48,000 people, that is OUTSTANDING, with a bastard owner who will sell when the price is right, who makes decisions so bad it appears his sole aim is to wind the supporters up, and still we fuckin turn out. You are saying for some unknown reason our attendances will go down? I can't understand the logic, we have 40,000 daft cunts like me who have said fuck you Ashley the toon are part of our lives we're not gonna stop going. That number won't go down.

The club has been in decline for 7 years since we sacked Robson and replaced him with the biggest arsehole in world football. Shepherd made his mistakes, potentially could've rectified them, but the rug was taken from underneath him by that over celebrated arsehole Hall (and his son) while he was lying cabbaged in hospital with pneumonia. I don't agree that the club is in decline I think we hit rock bottom losing at Scunthorpe last season, and since then people like Kevin Nolan have helped drive the club slowly forward. We're stagnating in some regards but if you'd told me we'd have Ben Arfa here, and £35m in the bank from the sale of Carroll, 12 month ago, I'd have been questioning your sanity.

Our attendances will go up next season and I'm prepared to bet £200 now on that.

Big paragraph is another one. I told everyone we'd be getting well over 38-40,000 in the CCC when people were saying 25-30000.

Another is the bolded bit at the bottom since confirmed by the clue season ticket sales are on course to easily smash this seasons levels.

Guest alex
Stevie's going to win this easily.

I'm not even going to contribute to this thread. :)

I didn't think Stevie would keep to this promise.

i wish i'd got it wrong but i was right about the decision to sack bobby robson being a mad one. i seem to remember being in the minority on this board. the consensus among everyone else seemed to be that it was time for a change. i was gutted when he was sacked and had a feeling in my bones that we'd struggle after he was sacked. turns out we've been on a downward spiral ever since - i reckon our decline can be traced back to that decision. no one could have predicted fat fred would have replaced him with souness or that things would have got even worse under ashley but sacking a great manager while we were an established top 5 club was the turning point for me.

Did they let you out for good behaviour then?

Welcome back mate :)

ah, it was Strangeways then :)

Peace.

Hope you had a good holiday

i wish i'd got it wrong but i was right about the decision to sack bobby robson being a mad one. i seem to remember being in the minority on this board. the consensus among everyone else seemed to be that it was time for a change. i was gutted when he was sacked and had a feeling in my bones that we'd struggle after he was sacked. turns out we've been on a downward spiral ever since - i reckon our decline can be traced back to that decision. no one could have predicted fat fred would have replaced him with souness or that things would have got even worse under ashley but sacking a great manager while we were an established top 5 club was the turning point for me.

It wasn't necessarily wrong to replace Robson. What was mad though was the manner and timing of it. He was treated unnecessarily shoddily, which overnight turned public opinion against the club. The transfer window had expired meaning the new manager was limited in what he could do. But worst of all, of course, he was sacked without a replacement being set up. Meaning we ended up in the ludicrous position of buying Souness out of a contract he was just about to be released from (i.e. sacked) anyway. These actions from the board were totally indefensible imo, and this is what triggered our decline, ultimately leading to the selling of the club to Ashley. I don't think Robson would have got us back into the top 4 though personally so a well-thought out change would have been vindicated, probably in the summer of the next year.

I immediately knew Souness would be an unmitigated disaster for the club (and was mocked for my 'over-reaction') and I immediately said it would be the end of Bellamy so I reckon I deserve two points come to think of it. :)

P.S: Disclaimer to Leazes: I'm not going to change my viewpoint on this and have heard yours on many occasions so please don't respond to this.

Guest alex

Going off what Leazes has hinted at and putting 2&2 together I'm guessing Martin O'Neill was lined up then reneged on the agreement. According to LM's source anyway (which may well be FS iyam :) ).

It wasn't necessarily wrong to replace Robson. What was mad though was the manner and timing of it. He was treated unnecessarily shoddily, which overnight turned public opinion against the club. The transfer window had expired meaning the new manager was limited in what he could do. But worst of all, of course, he was sacked without a replacement being set up. Meaning we ended up in the ludicrous position of buying Souness out of a contract he was just about to be released from (i.e. sacked) anyway. These actions from the board were totally indefensible imo, and this is what triggered our decline, ultimately leading to the selling of the club to Ashley. I don't think Robson would have got us back into the top 4 though personally so a well-thought out change would have been vindicated, probably in the summer of the next year.

I immediately knew Souness would be an unmitigated disaster for the club (and was mocked for my 'over-reaction') and I immediately said it would be the end of Bellamy so I reckon I deserve two points come to think of it. :)

P.S: Disclaimer to Leazes: I'm not going to change my viewpoint on this and have heard yours on many occasions so please don't respond to this.

Agree with all of that in bold good post, but....at the same time you have to concede Shepherd was an excellent chairman right up to that point. The NOTW crack was neither here nor there imo.

Guest alex

Aye, there was a massive deal made out of calling Shearer Mary Poppins ffs and I think he actually referred to Newcastle prostitutes rather than all women as dogs. Or so Billy Furious reckons iirc.

Going off what Leazes has hinted at and putting 2&2 together I'm guessing Martin O'Neill was lined up then reneged on the agreement. According to LM's source anyway (which may well be FS iyam :) ).

If he joined twitter, his tweets would be followed by "via web from High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne". It's the biggest conspiracy of any toon related net matter ever, I'm putting forward here, but stranger things have happened.

it wasn't O'Neill and my source is not Shepherd directly, although it is someone who knows him very well.

Renton: I don't disagree that Bobby Robson's time was up for various reasons and it was time for someone else, nor do I disagree that Souness was a shit appointment, but the "timing" is irrelevant. Would you say that replacing Gullit with Robson was also therefore "bad timing". I will remind you ManU appointed Alex Ferguson and Arsenal appointed Wenger in October/November, all clubs change managers during the football season. It's irrelevant. There is no bad time to make a change and appoint a good manager.

This has been said lots of times, not just by you, and the reasoning is fairly logical, I don't want to argue, there is no point, but surely you can see this and so there is no need to "argue". The alternative is you just want to hit the Halls and Shepherd [or Fred] with any stick you can find, which I still find very sad.

Anyway, not derailing a good thread and hopefully it can move on.

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest alex

Does Shepherd still live at Jesmond Park West? I thought he'd moved. Anyway, I meant Leazes' source could be FS, not Leazes is FS.