Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst part of anything like this happening is Leazes using it to score points. Daft carry-on when we're clearly all feeling the same about it.

Yeah but HE told YOU this 4 years ago and YOU didn't listen to HIM.

Maybe in future YOU will.

The worst part of anything like this happening is Leazes using it to score points. Daft carry-on when we're clearly all feeling the same about it.

QFT. No stoop is too low for his self esteem.

oh yes he is.

Maybe in a couple of more years, you may revise your "opinion".......I'm just trying to save you time and posting space.

Please substantiate that, go on, really

P.S. Is it an unforgivable and heinous crime (if he was) ?

I thought you said that it was what happens on the pitch that counts ? When is he going to match the league positions and european qualifications on the pitch, which will not be achieved if he pockets the cash while he owns the club and doesn't back his managers while he owns the club ?

I have my doubts that you will see this, even though he has dragged the average position massively downwards [another thing you quoted recently as "proof" of something, fuck knows what]

:lol:

What a surprise, same old same old

Wheres the substantiation??

Also I shall reiterate (that means say again, or repeat) my second question, is pocketing the cash whilst owning/being in charge the act of a twat ??

not backing your managers, and selling your best players and pocketing the cash......does 35m quid ring any bells......

As you said, your man is "recouping"....I told you that years ago man.

Recouping is somewhat different to pocketing.

Please detail the amounts pocketed.

they backed their managers while they owned the club, a vastly different proposition to selling the club and making money when it is sold.

Presumably, if YOU sold your house, you would sell it for the same as you paid for it would you :icon_lol:

What happened to "what matters is what happens on the pitch" as you said a few weeks ago, when is your man going to match the champions league qualifications, and european qualifications of his predecessors ? Do you think he can do it while he is selling our best players, and pocketing the cash instead of backing his manager ?

This will not be replied to.

I agree with Chez's point that something like, for example, The Emirates was, if anything, more of an attack on tradition that this. Arsenal also got a fuck load more out of the deal than we are getting out of this though, which is why it's more acceptable in the eyes of supporters.

Couldn't disagree more. Fair enough if it was at Highbury it was a new ground called Ashburton Grove, sounded like a road off Stanhope Street.

Aye, really respectful of tradition. The point isnt a complex one, moving a stadium for naked commercial reasons is more of an affront to the traditon and history of a club than a reversible name change. The relevance is that the media and you have argued that it's ok to move a stadium for clear commercial reasons but not to rename. As I said, I thought that was unfair and probably deliberate on the part of the media.

But you can say the tradition of the club is striving for excellence on the pitch. So doing it for those reasons is consistent with the traditions of the club. That was undoubtedly the reason Arsenal did it.

The main reason was the season ticket backlog and the massive revenue stream from the new apartments. Absolutely no comparison to our scenario apart from the scant name change element..

Satisfying demand

Arsenal previously had 20,000 season ticket holders at Highbury, and with an allocation of several thousand tickets for visiting supporters, club members as well as corporate hospitality to be taken care of, many other Arsenal fans were frustrated on match days as home games were always sold out. There was also the matter of another 20,000 desperate fans on Arsenal’s season ticket waiting list, but as season ticket holders rarely gave up the ownership of a season ticket, there was never a realistic chance that Arsenal would be able to satisfy the demand from it’s huge worldwide fan base. The answer to the dilemma was a new home, which has now been built just five hundred yards away from Highbury. Much of the initial backlog of the season ticket waiting list was cleared with the move to the Emirates Stadium; however further demand for season tickets now sees 40,000 on a new waiting list

They could literally have filled Highbury 3 times over...

Edited by Park Life

get this if you remove direct from the sports direct arena get this title. s for sports a for arena and fc for football club that makes safc sunderland afc get it im suprised no one noticed it

:icon_lol:

class.

Top that, RobW.

Does anyone know if he's still alive?

Thats a fucking stupid thing to say. Do you now what it is like to have someone who is dead in the house? I have four dead people in the front room and its not fucking funny. Think before you type

get this if you remove direct from the sports direct arena get this title. s for sports a for arena and fc for football club that makes safc sunderland afc get it im suprised no one noticed it

Genius :lol:

If you take the S and apostrophy from St James' Park and put it in the middle of Leazesmag'Sgotalzheimers you get Leazesmag'sgotalzheimers

Surprised no-one noticed it

if you take the S from St James' Park and put it in the middle of Toonpack you Toonspack.

Surprised no-one noticed it.

Chez gunning for CT's vacant Mary, Mary crown :lol:

It will take seconds to reverse this and a couple of days to pull down the SD branding from the round the ground so I think it's fair to argue against (mainly media driven) arguments about this being the biggest insult to football traditions in the modern game. I think the media are trying to fuel anger. The early editions of the nationals yesterday all talked of fan fury, articles sub-edited by 10pm the evening before, a full 2 hours before the news properly broke. They got it right of course but they made sure they stoked it too.

I don't see any relevance in this paragraph to anything, anything at all.

I think Chez is definitely losing the plot here now like. Back peddling and squirming to Toonpack and CT proportions now.

I agree with Chez's point that something like, for example, The Emirates was, if anything, more of an attack on tradition that this. Arsenal also got a fuck load more out of the deal than we are getting out of this though, which is why it's more acceptable in the eyes of supporters.

Couldn't disagree more. Fair enough if it was at Highbury it was a new ground called Ashburton Grove, sounded like a road off Stanhope Street.

Aye, really respectful of tradition. The point isnt a complex one, moving a stadium for naked commercial reasons is more of an affront to the traditon and history of a club than a reversible name change. The relevance is that the media and you have argued that it's ok to move a stadium for clear commercial reasons but not to rename. As I said, I thought that was unfair and probably deliberate on the part of the media.

I call Bullshit.

Arsenal moved because they needed a bigger stadium, tradition or no tradition - it was purely about seats for bums and to argue it was about a commercial reason is rewriting history.

going round in circles, as has been said, if you move to a new stadium then a new name is perfectly in order. We have not moved to a new stadium. The suggestion the money will be put towards buying a new striker is either a pack of lies or a deliberate ploy to deflect attention from the fact that the money from Carroll is stlll being trousered despite the same thing actually being promised.

TP, if I've read you right, your whole argument is predicated on a brand coming forward and taking over the naming rights / shirt sponsorship, aye?

Not really, my argument (not that it's even an argument, more of a premise) is that renaming the Stadium is just another potential revenue stream being exploited (very potentially in this case) and that in terms of cocking a snook at history, it is less violent than a bulldozer. But no different in it's intention.

He may not be paying for it (contributing to revenue) but he owns the place lock stock and barrel, he can and will do whatever he wants and to open the can of worms, the club owes him a huge wedge and he aint (yet) charging interest.

The bit I don't get, is that SD will have a significant marketing budget (well they should have, but their TV adds maybe suggest they're in Mr Rhaman zips territory) why doesn't he get SD to "really" sponsor the Club/Shirt he could use that cash to reduce his exposure. Club would be debt free quicker and thus a more saleable proposition at no cost to him personally.

A sub point is that, for the freebie vehicle to really work, NUFC have to be better than your run of the mill prem team. So the question is, if that is the case, what's the problem if it's a freebie, if the team is doing OK/well.

He's done the UK like a kipper, he's after foreign expansion, run of the mill isn't going to get that much exposure.

So do you accept that the talk of bringing in £8m/£10 a year and it paying for a new player is a complete lie then?

Not sure what you're driving at tbh.

If it brought in £8Mill/£10 Mill a year I would expect it to contribute to the club thus and it's transfer dealings

Do you think that's likely to happen btw? :lol:

Howay man.

unfortunately he does, or he's even stupider than we thought.

Oh I absolutely agree it's his own fault, always have, but thank fuck he did.

You've alluded to this a number of times, it's time you fested up with some proof or relegate it to the realms of fiction.

you have NO chance of getting a reply to this

not all of us, it would appear.

so should you, and those arseholes on your other message board.

But you can say the tradition of the club is striving for excellence on the pitch. So doing it for those reasons is consistent with the traditions of the club. That was undoubtedly the reason Arsenal did it.

The main reason was the season ticket backlog and the massive revenue stream from the new apartments. Absolutely no comparison to our scenario apart from the scant name change element..

Satisfying demand

Arsenal previously had 20,000 season ticket holders at Highbury, and with an allocation of several thousand tickets for visiting supporters, club members as well as corporate hospitality to be taken care of, many other Arsenal fans were frustrated on match days as home games were always sold out. There was also the matter of another 20,000 desperate fans on Arsenal’s season ticket waiting list, but as season ticket holders rarely gave up the ownership of a season ticket, there was never a realistic chance that Arsenal would be able to satisfy the demand from it’s huge worldwide fan base. The answer to the dilemma was a new home, which has now been built just five hundred yards away from Highbury. Much of the initial backlog of the season ticket waiting list was cleared with the move to the Emirates Stadium; however further demand for season tickets now sees 40,000 on a new waiting list

They could literally have filled Highbury 3 times over...

Basically what I said, all of it, no conceivable comparison at all but those figures are now, was 110,000 people on their list not too long ago. There's been a lot of straws clutched at this week.

so should you, and those arseholes on your other message board.

Not my message board and as we have been through many, many times now we have well established I have never said the things you claim everyone has. As someone mentioned earlier, your sig would be put to better use putting posts like this in it so we wouldn't have to remind you over and over again.

Top that, RobW.

Does anyone know if he's still alive?

Thats a fucking stupid thing to say. Do you now what it is like to have someone who is dead in the house? I have four dead people in the front room and its not fucking funny. Think before you type

he might have fainted with shock when a few crack dealers and terrorists moved in next door to him and he found himself repeating "leave them alone they are nice blokes and done nowt wrong man"

Edited by LeazesMag