Henderson to Liverpool

Guest alex

is anybody of the pro-Ashley brigade that are criticising this signing of Liverpool, going to actually say they think our way of doing things is better than Liverpools or not ?

Again, why don't you wait till the window is closed before you start comparing the two?

I'd rather spend wisely and get good value for money than pay silly money for the likes of Henderson. That doesn't make me pro-Ashley.

Agree with this, It's a sensible approach. Liverpool are going to want C.L. on the back of this window as are Arsenal,Chelsea,Man U,Spurs and City. Do the math, 4 from 6 its a gamble.

LM wants these superstar and big name signings but when you ask him if he agrees to the club doing it on the back of a massive debt he goes all teflon and spouts random stuff like Fred never owned the club,blah,blah,blah.

Fred never owned the club. [and what does it have to do with Fred, stop derailing the thread before Holden McGroin and Gloomy come along and accuse you mind].

So you think we are better off buying players like Routledge, Lovenkrands and Best than we were with Shearer, Bellamy, Robert and getting into the Champions League then ?

Answer the question.

Also see my previous post.

Look, the players you mentioned did a job, got us promoted and helped keep us up. Do I think we need more quality? Yes!!

I would have 2 of Best,Ameobi or Lovenkrands as back up, we need 2 good strikers. Are we going to pay 25mil ,no. Top,top players want C.L., we can't and won't be offering it anytime soon. Neither will a lot of other clubs.

In Cabaye,Ben Arfa and Tiote Ashley is showing what his plan is also by not being held to ransom and paying well over the odds.

If Barton plays hardball he will loose same with Nolan, I think both should be offered 2 year deals, sign or play out their contracts and move on. Replace with quality, what's the problem?

As for Jose, his heads been turned and he ain't staying, deal with it. It happens.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get your point LM but I agree with what most are trying to say. You can't really say Liverpool are building when they spend £20M on one and we are scrimping as we pay £5M on a player. End of the day it's what the manager can do with the players he has. For £20M we can have a Ben Arfa AND Cabate AND Tiote and still have change? We seem to have spent better no? If we spent the £20M on Ben Arfa only would that have made you feel better?

Now you know I dont support the owner but when buying in concerned, he is doing "ok". I think their stance on Barton and Nolan is short sited however they are protecting the long term interest of the club (not being stuck with an older player who might not be doing it) but the player is protecting his interest (wanting a longer and potentially final contract at a bigger club). I hope that on one or both of those a resolution in the middle may be found as I think losing Barton this summer would be a huge mistake.

Wait till we see the results on the pitch. Henderson may come good, for all our derision. Cabaye and Arfa have done next to nothing for us on the pitch yet.

But Tiote has for £16.5m less than Henderson, sure he may come good but from what I have seen of him so far it's a massive gamble and I am not against us spending a relative pittance on players like Tiote, Cabaye or Ben Arfa. I have more faith in the latter two coming good than I do Henderson, nothing to do with bias but the fact they have shown genuinely ability over an extended period of time.

I hope if a genuinely quality player that we need is within our grasp that we do spend the money but I would be gutted if we were spunking £20m on the likes of Henderson.

Leazes seems to think as long as you spend lots of money on each player then you have done all you can, if they fail then it's fair enough because at least you were willing to piss away a massive amount of money on them which is showing ambition. Fuck scouting and trying to get good players at a reasonable price, that simply isn't ambition.

Obviously this post really means I think Mike Ashley is god and everything he has done so far has been brilliant.

omg.

You, and others, just don't pay any attention to anything ? Do you seriously think if Liverpool had seen a cheaper player that they thought was as good, they would have signed him ?

Give me a fucking break :lol:

I've explained my view, numerous times. You DON'T BUILD A GOOD TEAM ON THE CHEAP........GET IT......EVERY TEAM HAS BIG PLAYERS, AND A FEW LUCKY OR WELL SPOTTED BARGAINS, AND A FEW HOME GROWN PLAYERS. BIG SIGNINGS ARE NECESSARY, YOU PAY THE GOING RATE, IT ENCOURAGES YOUR OTHER GOOD PLAYERS TO STAY, IT MOTIVATES THEM, IT MOTIVATES YOUR SUPPORTERS, IT PUTS YOU IN THE SPOTLIGHT, IT ATTRACTS PUBLICITY, IT SELLS SHIRTS, AND OTHER GOOD PLAYERS ARE ATTRACTED TO YOUR CLUB BECAUSE THEY SEE YOU AS A TEAM ATTEMPTING TO GO PLACES AND COMPETE AT THE TOP LEVELS OF THE GAME.

JUST BECAUSE WE SIGNED TIOTTE DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE GOING TO FIND 9 MORE LIKE HIM FOR A FEW MILLION QUID, IT JUST DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT, IF IT DID THEN EVERYBODY ESPECIALLY THE TROPHY WINNERS WOULD ALSO BE DOING IT.

FUCK ME BLIND. HOW MANY MORE TIMES.

PS I'M NOT SHOUTING, JUST MAKING SURE YOU AND OTHERS READ IT PROPERLY.

As a last comment in this post, exactly how many people decrying this signing by Liverpool [and their transfer policy which in all honesty is superior to ours and that is totally indisputable] have SEEN HIM PLAY other than just the derby game against us when they all disappeared ?

Will somebody among all of you idiots kindly tell Sir Alex Ferguson he has been getting it all wrong for 25 years and should have been signing Tiotes all this time and saving his club hundreds of millions.

Jeeeeezus .....

is anybody of the pro-Ashley brigade that are criticising this signing of Liverpool, going to actually say they think our way of doing things is better than Liverpools or not ?

Again, why don't you wait till the window is closed before you start comparing the two?

I'd rather spend wisely and get good value for money than pay silly money for the likes of Henderson. That doesn't make me pro-Ashley.

Agree with this, It's a sensible approach. Liverpool are going to want C.L. on the back of this window as are Arsenal,Chelsea,Man U,Spurs and City. Do the math, 4 from 6 its a gamble.

LM wants these superstar and big name signings but when you ask him if he agrees to the club doing it on the back of a massive debt he goes all teflon and spouts random stuff like Fred never owned the club,blah,blah,blah.

Fred never owned the club. [and what does it have to do with Fred, stop derailing the thread before Holden McGroin and Gloomy come along and accuse you mind].

So you think we are better off buying players like Routledge, Lovenkrands and Best than we were with Shearer, Bellamy, Robert and getting into the Champions League then ?

Answer the question.

Also see my previous post.

Look, the players you mentioned did a job, got us promoted and helped keep us up. Do I think we need more quality? Yes!!

I would have 2 of Best,Ameobi or Lovenkrands as back up, we need 2 good strikers. Are we going to pay 25mil ,no. Top,top players want C.L., we can't and won't be offering it anytime soon. Neither will a lot of other clubs.

In Cabaye,Ben Arfa and Tiote Ashley is showing what his plan is also by not being held to ransom and paying well over the odds.

If Barton plays hardball he will loose same with Nolan, I think both should be offered 2 year deals, sign or play out their contracts and move on. Replace with quality, what's the problem?

As for Jose, his heads been turned and he ain't staying, deal with it. It happens.

Look, we SHOULD be telling these players we are aiming to get into the Champions League and europe as soon as possible and demonstrating this is the case. We are NOT Bolton or Blackburn, we are one of the biggest clubs in europe [courtesy of the Halls and Shepherd who built up the revenues and profile, and whether you like it or not, this is the truth].

And as for "Jose", his "head has been turned" ONLY because we aren't doing the above. So far as we know, there is no behind the scenes personality clash with anybody, no personal problems ie he wants to go back to Spain, nothing. So, wise up, and stop underselling the club. Are you a Geordie, are you exiled ? Serious question, it might explain why you seem to think we are a small club that should be losing our best players or not keeping them happy with the ambition of the club, because from where I am sitting, that is how you come across.

We will NOT replace Nolan and Barton with players of sufficient quality leadership and committment to the club that they provide and THAT is a racing certainty my friend, because these 2 players are the heartbeat of this club and it is therefore absolutely essential they stay at this club and are tied down UNTIL they are replaced first by players offering the same, not AFTER they have gone.

Edited by LeazesMag

Wait till we see the results on the pitch. Henderson may come good, for all our derision. Cabaye and Arfa have done next to nothing for us on the pitch yet.

But Tiote has for £16.5m less than Henderson, sure he may come good but from what I have seen of him so far it's a massive gamble and I am not against us spending a relative pittance on players like Tiote, Cabaye or Ben Arfa. I have more faith in the latter two coming good than I do Henderson, nothing to do with bias but the fact they have shown genuinely ability over an extended period of time.

I hope if a genuinely quality player that we need is within our grasp that we do spend the money but I would be gutted if we were spunking £20m on the likes of Henderson.

Leazes seems to think as long as you spend lots of money on each player then you have done all you can, if they fail then it's fair enough because at least you were willing to piss away a massive amount of money on them which is showing ambition. Fuck scouting and trying to get good players at a reasonable price, that simply isn't ambition.

Obviously this post really means I think Mike Ashley is god and everything he has done so far has been brilliant.

omg.

You, and others, just don't pay any attention to anything ? Do you seriously think if Liverpool had seen a cheaper player that they thought was as good, they would have signed him ?

Give me a fucking break :lol:

I've explained my view, numerous times. You DON'T BUILD A GOOD TEAM ON THE CHEAP........GET IT......EVERY TEAM HAS BIG PLAYERS, AND A FEW LUCKY OR WELL SPOTTED BARGAINS, AND A FEW HOME GROWN PLAYERS. BIG SIGNINGS ARE NECESSARY, YOU PAY THE GOING RATE, IT ENCOURAGES YOUR OTHER GOOD PLAYERS TO STAY, IT MOTIVATES THEM, IT MOTIVATES YOUR SUPPORTERS, IT PUTS YOU IN THE SPOTLIGHT, IT ATTRACTS PUBLICITY, IT SELLS SHIRTS, AND OTHER GOOD PLAYERS ARE ATTRACTED TO YOUR CLUB BECAUSE THEY SEE YOU AS A TEAM ATTEMPTING TO GO PLACES AND COMPETE AT THE TOP LEVELS OF THE GAME.

JUST BECAUSE WE SIGNED TIOTTE DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE GOING TO FIND 9 MORE LIKE HIM FOR A FEW MILLION QUID, IT JUST DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT, IF IT DID THEN EVERYBODY ESPECIALLY THE TROPHY WINNERS WOULD ALSO BE DOING IT.

As a last comment in this post, exactly how many people decrying this signing by Liverpool [and their transfer policy which in all honesty is superior to ours and that is totally indisputable] have SEEN HIM PLAY other than just the derby game against us when they all disappeared ?

Will somebody among all of you idiots kindly tell Sir Alex Ferguson he has been getting it all wrong for 25 years and should have been signing Tiotes all this time and saving his club hundreds of millions.

Jeeeeezus .....

So now you compare us to Man Utd? Why not Barca,Madrid or City?

We don't have the revenue streams or wealthy owners they have. Maybe we should get Ridsdale in as chairman I'm sure he would match your unsustainable spending plans

omg.

Give me a fucking break :icon_lol:

Jeeeeezus .....

So now you compare us to Man Utd? Why not Barca,Madrid or City?

We don't have the revenue streams or wealthy owners they have. Maybe we should get Ridsdale in as chairman I'm sure he would match your unsustainable spending plans

oh, do fuck off you idiot.

:lol:

I get your point LM but I agree with what most are trying to say. You can't really say Liverpool are building when they spend £20M on one and we are scrimping as we pay £5M on a player. End of the day it's what the manager can do with the players he has. For £20M we can have a Ben Arfa AND Cabate AND Tiote and still have change? We seem to have spent better no? If we spent the £20M on Ben Arfa only would that have made you feel better?

Now you know I dont support the owner but when buying in concerned, he is doing "ok". I think their stance on Barton and Nolan is short sited however they are protecting the long term interest of the club (not being stuck with an older player who might not be doing it) but the player is protecting his interest (wanting a longer and potentially final contract at a bigger club). I hope that on one or both of those a resolution in the middle may be found as I think losing Barton this summer would be a huge mistake.

see JawD, I don't believe he has the long term success of the club in mind at all, I think [as I have always done] that he just wants to stay in the premiership with as small an outlay as possible and hope to make a small profit for himself, and if that means selling any decent player we find for peanuts so be it.

omg.

Jeeeeezus .....

If you think Henderson is worth anywhere near £20m you shouldn't be questioning anyone elses sight.

As for the rest of your post :lol: you're as old as my father man! Fucking hell.

omg.

Jeeeeezus .....

If you think Henderson is worth anywhere near £20m you shouldn't be questioning anyone elses sight.

As for the rest of your post :lol: you're as old as my father man! Fucking hell.

Liverpool do. They think he's worth it to them , what will you say when they are miles above us in the league and if he wins loads of England caps ?

Are you going to argue with Liverpools success over the years and how they did it ? Of course, you are, aren't you, along with other clueless brainwashed imbeciles :lol:

Tell you what Leazes, If Henderson goes on to be one of the best players in England, if he attains a worth of £20m I'll say the inital outlay was worth it.

However, if he never reaches those heights, will you admit you were wrong?

omg.

Jeeeeezus .....

Liverpool do. They think he's worth it to them , what will you say when they are miles above us in the league and if he wins loads of England caps ?

Are you going to argue with Liverpools success over the years and how they did it ? Of course, you are, aren't you, along with other clueless brainwashed imbeciles :lol:

Liverpool have been ahead of us every season but 2 in how many years? Fuck me, you're thick.

If he doesn't go on to be this great player will you admit it or just post long drawn out posts completely ignoring the question like usual?

omg.

Jeeeeezus .....

Liverpool have been ahead of us every season but 2 in how many years? Fuck me, you're thick.

If he doesn't go on to be this great player will you admit it or just post long drawn out posts completely ignoring the question like usual?

I said he is worth it to LIVERPOOL......read the post.......and do you or do you not think Liverpools transfer policy has reaped its rewards for over 40 years ? Fuck me.

Tell you what Leazes, If Henderson goes on to be one of the best players in England, if he attains a worth of £20m I'll say the inital outlay was worth it.

you read the post too. Lots of peabrains around today like :icon_lol:

So this has been Liverpool's transfer policy for 40 years now? :lol:

Carroll although a bit steep I can see them getting value from him and the reason why they signed him but THEY (random capitals, you use them so I thought it would help you understand) have PAID well over the ODDS for Henderson and could have GOTTEN someone better for CHEAPER in my OpiNion.

I trust you respect Stevie's judgement on players, given he is one of the most knowledgable football posters on here? Have a read what he thinks of it all.

Carroll although a bit steep I can see them getting value from him and the reason why they signed him but THEY (random capitals, you use them so I thought it would help you understand) have PAID well over the ODDS for Henderson and could have GOTTEN someone better for CHEAPER in my OpiNion.

I trust you respect Stevie's judgement on players, given he is one of the most knowledgable football posters on here? Have a read what he thinks of it all.

are you saying it hasn't been Liverpools transfer policy for 40 years to pay the going rate for what they considered to be players that would help them win honours and play in europe ?

haha. What planet are you living on.

I hope you aren't bringing any more of such idiotic views [or posters] from NO with you, although there does seem to be a few of that type already here.

Read my post again. None of us are in a position to judge him, but what YOU and others are doing, is heaping scorn on it because you think it is justifying us scrabbling around the lower leagues instead, and you know it.

You're mad, the lot of you.

:icon_lol:

Liverpool, using the transfer policy you are mocking, are going to finish streets ahead of us next season

Edited by LeazesMag

you read the post too. Lots of peabrains around today like :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Carroll was bought for the sum he was because regardless of what we asked for, Liverpool knew they could get £15m more from Chelsea for Torres. Henderson simply isn't as good a prospect as Carroll, and Liverpool aren't showing "ambition" in spending vast sums, they're showing desperation.

You're banging on as if there are only two ways of running a club. Huge sums on players or the wrong way, as if there is no grey area :lol:

peabrain indeed

are you saying it hasn't been Liverpools transfer policy for 40 years to pay the going rate for what they considered to be players that would help them win honours and play in europe ?

haha. What planet are you living on.

I hope you aren't bringing any more of such idiotic views [or posters] from NO with you, although there does seem to be a few of that type already here.

Read my post again. None of us are in a position to judge him, but what YOU and others are doing, is heaping scorn on it because you think it is justifying us scrabbling around the lower leagues instead, and you know it.

You're mad, the lot of you.

Liverpool, using the transfer policy you are mocking, are going to finish streets ahead of us next season

You completely fail to see 'outside of the box', you're a moron. Everything is black and white (excuse the pun) to you.

We just can't have a debate, you don't seem to be able to comprehend simple things, let alone anything remotely complicated. It's easier to bring up an obsession (N-O this time) than have an actual discussion about the topic at hand. It's not worth my or anyone elses effort, Fish has handed your arse back to you a couple of times but you still don't get it. There's no point :icon_lol:

You think just because you are old you know more than anyone else, you are clearly wrong but it's common amongst people your age.

RANDOM BOLDING, IT'S HIS NEW THING APPARENTLY.

Wasting your life arguing with him to be honest. Even when posters try to have a friendly thought-out debate he gets all defensive and throws abuse around.

He must have been a reet radgie when he was younger.

Edited by Holden McGroin