Henderson to Liverpool

Guest alex

RANDOM BOLDING, IT'S HIS NEW THING APPARENTLY.

Good. I was getting sick of him stealing my 'take a holiday' line. I should have slapped a copyright on that bad boy.

It's one of the many things that make me question his intelligence, he doesn't seem capable of thinking for himself so will just turn something said to him back on everyone else and repeat it again and again until he spots something else :lol:

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amazed people still have a go tbh. Hats off to you all.

On a massive tangent, I found Blue Moon in the Bees Mouth as well pal. Expensive stuff though.

aye, I heard that last night funnily enough. £4.35 in the Queens

So this has been Liverpool's transfer policy for 40 years now? ;)

Carroll although a bit steep I can see them getting value from him and the reason why they signed him but THEY (random capitals, you use them so I thought it would help you understand) have PAID well over the ODDS for Henderson and could have GOTTEN someone better for CHEAPER in my OpiNion.

I trust you respect Stevie's judgement on players, given he is one of the most knowledgable football posters on here? Have a read what he thinks of it all.

are you saying it hasn't been Liverpools transfer policy for 40 years to pay the going rate for what they considered to be players that would help them win honours and play in europe ?

haha. What planet are you living on.

I hope you aren't bringing any more of such idiotic views [or posters] from NO with you, although there does seem to be a few of that type already here.

Read my post again. None of us are in a position to judge him, but what YOU and others are doing, is heaping scorn on it because you think it is justifying us scrabbling around the lower leagues instead, and you know it.

You're mad, the lot of you.

:D

Liverpool, using the transfer policy you are mocking, are going to finish streets ahead of us next season

You completely fail to see 'outside of the box', you're a moron. Everything is black and white (excuse the pun) to you.

We just can't have a debate, you don't seem to be able to comprehend simple things, let alone anything remotely complicated. It's easier to bring up an obsession (N-O this time) than have an actual discussion about the topic at hand. It's not worth my or anyone elses effort, Fish has handed your arse back to you a couple of times but you still don't get it. There's no point ;)

You think just because you are old you know more than anyone else, you are clearly wrong but it's common amongst people your age.

RANDOM BOLDING, IT'S HIS NEW THING APPARENTLY.

rubbish.

I called Mike Ashley years ago, more people are realising I was right. You're right that I have nothing to debate with you, that's because you know nowt and you're an imbecile.

The likes of you, certainly won't change my view on the football club because its factually based, not personality based like a lot of people, and the only person who can change that is the owner in the unlikely event he starts running this football club like it ought to be.

Tell you what Leazes, If Henderson goes on to be one of the best players in England, if he attains a worth of £20m I'll say the inital outlay was worth it.

However, if he never reaches those heights, will you admit you were wrong?

;)

you read the post too. Lots of peabrains around today like :(

;)

Carroll was bought for the sum he was because regardless of what we asked for, Liverpool knew they could get £15m more from Chelsea for Torres. Henderson simply isn't as good a prospect as Carroll, and Liverpool aren't showing "ambition" in spending vast sums, they're showing desperation.

You're banging on as if there are only two ways of running a club. Huge sums on players or the wrong way, as if there is no grey area :D

peabrain indeed

the club is in decline. I don't know if Henderson is as good a prospect as Carroll or not, do you ? Or are you casting judgement on him without seeing him play ? Peabrain indeed.

My point is Liverpool think he is good enough to play for them and their aspirations, and have paid the money they think he is worth.

Peabrain again, this is not difficult.

Henderson cost 16 million because he was young and English.

This is what DC says about the transfer policy this summer.

"Yes and no. It's not because a player is English and young that we are going to go for him. We go for a player because he ticks all the boxes. It's what we need at this time in this window. If a player is English or British or has played in the Premier League we'll look at that over someone who is abroad but it could be any nationality as long as they tick the boxes and is what we need for this window and going forward."

I haven't seen enough of the lad to comment really but I'm happy with the signing and look forward to seeing how he develops under Kenny.

"Yes and no. It's not because a player is English and young that we are going to go for him. We go for a player because he ticks all the boxes. It's what we need at this time in this window. If a player is English or British or has played in the Premier League we'll look at that over someone who is abroad but it could be any nationality as long as they tick the boxes and is what we need for this window and going forward."

I haven't seen enough of the lad to comment really but I'm happy with the signing and look forward to seeing how he develops under Kenny.

Just been chatting to a Mag I know on Merseyside. Is it true there's a few worries on Andy Carroll's fitness on the red side?

According to Bascombe at the NOTW I believe.

It'll be up to the lad himself to either buckle down or be a bench warmer. He has the ability, as you all know, he now has to show whether he's prepared to be a professional footballer or a could have been. Have to say, I haven't heard anything bad about the lad on the rumour mill here, he's just been seen out having a couple of pints after the team has won, nothing untoward.

the club is in decline. I don't know if Henderson is as good a prospect as Carroll or not, do you ? Or are you casting judgement on him without seeing him play ? Peabrain indeed.

My point is Liverpool think he is good enough to play for them and their aspirations, and have paid the money they think he is worth.

I've seen Henderson play and sure, at times he's seemed decent, but no more impressive than, say Jack Rodwell, or Jamie O'Hara.

I get your point, You think that Liverpool believe Henderson to be worth £20m to them and I'm saying they're wrong. He's not £20m worth of talent, he's just simply not. They're paying above the going rate because he's English. Not because he had a blinding season (because he didn't), not because he's a precocious talent (because he's not), but because he's English.

We've signed Yohan Cabaye, who has been an integral part of Lille's double winning team, for £4.8m after extensive scouting and all that nonsense.

so;

Yohan Cabaye promising title and cup winner.. £4.8m

Jordan Henderson promising and... English......£20m

Stick your fucking retarded black and white view of the world up your fat racist arse. ;)

I know young English players are going to cost more but comments like that surely can't help can they? It's like going into a shop, getting the cheque book out and saying "Go on then, just tell me what to write" ;)

Obviously the hope with signing young English players is that they get 8-10 years of solid service (or more). Their wages initially won't be excessive as they're still in their formative years. They'll find it easy to settle and are at the ages where they'll become more set in their ways and will start families etc. Foreign players will cost less but they're less likely to come at young ages and you generally won't get anywhere near as long out of them. You'll need to pay higher wages to bring them from their home countries and there's no guarantee that they'll adapt to English life let alone the Premier League. So if you pay for two foreign players plus the increased wages over the same period as a single young English player then there's an argument that it's a wise investment. The other side of this story is that they could burn out or fail to live up to their potential and then that's a lot of money thrown out the window. That's where you need to rely on a solid scouting network.

I haven't seen much of this kid, but from what I have it seems an excessive fee even taking into account the above.

My mate reckons he will be injury prone in future due to the way he runs - just his posture + height.

Oh well, wait and see.

That's quite an interesting point. I'd never thought about that with Henderson.

It definitely looks the case with Wilshere. He runs like he's carrying a keg between his knees.

I've seen Henderson play and sure, at times he's seemed decent, but no more impressive than, say Jack Rodwell, or Jamie O'Hara.

I get your point, You think that Liverpool believe Henderson to be worth £20m to them and I'm saying they're wrong. He's not £20m worth of talent, he's just simply not. They're paying above the going rate because he's English. Not because he had a blinding season (because he didn't), not because he's a precocious talent (because he's not), but because he's English.

We've signed Yohan Cabaye, who has been an integral part of Lille's double winning team, for £4.8m after extensive scouting and all that nonsense.

so;

Stick your fucking retarded black and white view of the world up your fat racist arse. ;)

Rodwell's been highly rated for quite a while now, it's a bit different comparing him to O'Hara.

Obviously the hope with signing young English players is that they get 8-10 years of solid service (or more). Their wages initially won't be excessive as they're still in their formative years. They'll find it easy to settle and are at the ages where they'll become more set in their ways and will start families etc. Foreign players will cost less but they're less likely to come at young ages and you generally won't get anywhere near as long out of them. You'll need to pay higher wages to bring them from their home countries and there's no guarantee that they'll adapt to English life let alone the Premier League. So if you pay for two foreign players plus the increased wages over the same period as a single young English player then there's an argument that it's a wise investment. The other side of this story is that they could burn out or fail to live up to their potential and then that's a lot of money thrown out the window. That's where you need to rely on a solid scouting network.

I haven't seen much of this kid, but from what I have it seems an excessive fee even taking into account the above.

I'm not sure I agree with foriegn players demanding a higher wage. I be you could get a similar standard to Henderson abroad for a lot cheaper in fee and wages.

Henderson will be on a canny wack now.

I'm not sure I agree with foriegn players demanding a higher wage. I be you could get a similar standard to Henderson abroad for a lot cheaper in fee and wages.

Henderson will be on a canny wack now.

Henderson is reputedly on £90K a week, same as Carroll. If true he's equal 55th highest paid player on the planet, that would seem to suggest there are a lot more out there to be had for a lot less.

Take away the few real superstars and in reality the skills gap between players at the high level is bugger all, it comes down to putting them in a place/system to perform at the top of their game. Some of that comes down to the player themselves, in term of attitude and some down to good management and playing to strengths, but that said there's an dozens and dozens at each position who are much of a muchness and there are defintely plenty to be had.

I wonder if Daglish has been a bit of a victim of the 'Emporer's new clothes' syndrome? Suarez has done well abroad - so he MUST be good, therefore Daglish buys him; Carroll has been talked about as the future of English football - so it MUST be true, therefore Daglish buys him (at a vastly inflated price); Henderson has been talked about as being 'eyed' by Ferguson - so he MUST be good, therefore Daglish buys him (again at a vastly inflated price).

Just musing.

so;

in other words, you think our transfer policy is going to produce a superior football team to Liverpool ?

it's you who has a "black and white view of the world" when you turn your nose up at looking at how other clubs have attained success [including the best performance from our own club in half a century].

Stupid deluded, parochial, insular cunt.

Edited by LeazesMag

so;

Rodwell's been highly rated for quite a while now, it's a bit different comparing him to O'Hara.

he certainly is Jonny

I'd have my doubts as to him being on 90k. I was more comparing an English player with a history at the club to a fully developed foreign player. It's hard to tell now though as most players are mercenaries who will go anywhere for the highest value - or if they actually want to stay will pull a Rooney to up their wages. The role of agents also can't be underplayed.

If he's on that much then Liverpool are stupid. He won't have been on a huge wedge at Sunderland so once they agreed a fee there's no real reason they would have had to probably more than triple his wage to get him to agree personal terms.

taking aside the wild speculation and hysterics about this transfer ie those who are sniping at the transfer policy of Liverpool because they think it justifies the 2nd rate antics and aims of NUFC [and therefore, the actions of "Fred" ;) ].....all of this talk of finance is really about the ills of the modern game in general.

Hard to disagree, I've said myself on many occasions wealth is being badly distributed, among clubs and players, too much TV is bad for the game, FIFA are corrupt bastards running their organisation for themselves and looking after the interests of banana republics too much [ie politically correct rubbish, just like the UN do in the political world] etc etc

But, none of this is ANY reason whatsoever why Newcastle United are a club in decline, competing at the levels of clubs like Bolton and Blackburn [ie selling clubs, again, just like when we lost Beardsley and Gazza and replaced Beardsley with Mirandhina who wasn't fit to tie his laces, and Gazza, laughingly with Paul Bogie a dazzling youngster straight from the CT world of dreams and youtube].

Keep up with the Jones's or you go backwards, and NUFC are bigger than this. Much bigger in fact.

It's a laugh mind, that some people are turning their nose up at other clubs who have been successful, and insisting that for some reason they have been doing it all wrong for decades, and still are, whereas our way is "the right way".

Such crap belongs on Newcastle Online, and skunkers.

Edited by LeazesMag

taking aside the wild speculation and hysterics about this transfer ie those who are sniping at the transfer policy of Liverpool because they think it justifies the 2nd rate antics and aims of NUFC [and therefore, the actions of "Fred" ;) ].....all of this talk of finance is really about the ills of the modern game in general.

Hard to disagree, I've said myself on many occasions wealth is being badly distributed, among clubs and players, too much TV is bad for the game, FIFA are corrupt bastards running their organisation for themselves and looking after the interests of banana republics too much [ie politically correct rubbish, just like the UN do in the political world] etc etc

But, none of this is ANY reason whatsoever why Newcastle United are a club in decline, competing at the levels of clubs like Bolton and Blackburn [ie selling clubs, again, just like when we lost Beardsley and Gazza and replaced Beardsley with Mirandhina who wasn't fit to tie his laces, and Gazza, laughingly with Paul Bogie a dazzling youngster straight from the CT world of dreams and youtube].

Keep up with the Jones's or you go backwards, and NUFC are bigger than this. Much bigger in fact.

It's a laugh mind, that some people are turning their nose up at other clubs who have been successful, and insisting that for some reason they have been doing it all wrong for decades, and still are, whereas our way is "the right way".

Again, no one has said any of that. Keep it up though.

Again, no one has said any of that. Keep it up though.

do you have anything at all to contribute ? Which sort of proves my point.