Tooj

If we sell him for 7mil ill cry.

He must be 2 goals every 3 games since we signed him when he hasn't been asked to play on the wing.

The thing is though when he was on the left it wasn't as if he wasn't getting any chances, he had quite a few and just failed to take them. He also didn't solely play on the left-wing as there were plenty of times when Cisse scored early and we moved Ba in the middle so that he could get a goal. He just didn't have the rub of the green as he was certainly getting into goalscoring positions.

Of course he's going to score more when playing centrally it's just not as cut and dry as has been made out in the press that when Ba played on the left he had no chances and was solely hugging the left touchline. It was far from that.

Cisse's touch has been abysmal this year but I'm not reading too much into it. He was super human for his first few months here and the goals he scored weren't consistent with the goals he scored for Frieburg which were mainly close range shots. He's been snatching at shots a bit too much - probably because he isn't sure where the next chance is coming from mind...

Despite Ba's monumental goal return and the fact we need to tie him down to a new contract, I would still rather play Cisse as the central figurehead with Ba a bit wider if we are playing one out and out striker.

The reason is that I think Cisse has better ball control, better vision and isn't as selfish as Ba is.

More often than not you see Ba get the ball when crowded out and instead of waiting for others to join the attack he'll either end up trying to take about 3 people on or will try and score from some impossible position.

His first touch at times is inconsistent as well compared to Cisse's, plus we all know about his stamina issues as playing that roll often requires a lot of selfless running and pressing.

The best goal scorer we've had for the best part of a decade though so don't get me wrong I think he's class but in the role he's playing at the moment I think he could just do with playing the percentages a bit better and work more for the team.

Agree with all of that.

The French contingent on NO say that Ba and Cabaye were on Canal + tonight slagging our style of play!!! Ba in particular was very negative. Cabaye chipped in as well. This might be the opening of the flood gates.

Can opened worms ikea.

Should be kept within the team this kind of thing. Not good on any level.

Edited by Park Life

Well the style of play is total shit, so I'm glad someone other than fans points their finger on it. The players being frustrated like that really just emphasize my views on what's really going on behind the curtains, and it's not good. Too bad it's Ba who is probably now set to leave, and too bad Newcastle really doesn't want to match his ambitions or the ambitions of any player who wants the club to get somewhere. It's just the way it always is, as soon as we get our hopes up and things starts running smoothly, someone's there to flush the whole forward-going momentum down the toilet.

:lol:

Yup, they're all going to jump ship now. Might not even have 11 players on the books come Feb.

I fear this might be our first eleven next season

597821_Newcastle_United.jpg

Pards is crazy if he doesn't consider this really.

(love how he wrote S.Ameobi, like that really cleared up which of them we're talking bout)

Edited by Aeris

Without a doubt. Im expecting a mass exodus now like.

Remarkable.

Back in the days when we had good reason to worry about mass clearouts and players jumping ship you were there calling anyone who dared mention the possibility. Now, when we're possibly the most stable we have been for a couple of years you're all doom and gloom.

It's the fact that he hasn't even seen the interview and wouldn't understand what they were saying if he did. From information he's received third hand there's now no doubt that a mass exodus is coming. I think he's got a hormonal imbalance or that oven cleaner's gone to his head.

Remarkable.

Back in the days when we had good reason to worry about mass clearouts and players jumping ship you were there calling anyone who dared mention the possibility. Now, when we're possibly the most stable we have been for a couple of years you're all doom and gloom.

:)

Laugh away, but I doubt very much Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Demba Ba or Tiote will still be here next season.

Assuming that happens will you join the dots and consider that it may be because the owner didn't invest in the squad last summer after the team had qualified for Europe? Or didn't 'back his manager', if you like. Or will it all be down to the manager? Because I actually think a fair few of them might want away because it must have been a kick in the stotts not getting more new recruits after the effort they put in and spirit they showed last season.

I think those are the same 4 that CT predicted would be gone last summer....and then got all high and mighty over the fact Big Mike had exceeded expaectations in the transfer market by not selling all the players as we all thought he would...when it was just him.

Assuming that happens will you join the dots and consider that it may be because the owner didn't invest in the squad last summer after the team had qualified for Europe? Or didn't 'back his manager', if you like. Or will it all be down to the manager? Because I actually think a fair few of them might want away because it must have been a kick in the stotts not getting more new recruits after the effort they put in and spirit they showed last season.

Don't disagree with that, BUT, still think Pardew should have done better with what he did have.