Tooj

I'm not saying he wasnt, but there was a major turnaround in opinion of him in the last couple of months based on his good form. Before that.....the one that springs to mind is Chelsea at home where he was widely condemned for not being able to out jump Drogba for one of their goals, before christmas and for the entire previous season he was generally classed as "shite". As I say, theres some short memories on here.An old truism goes "form is temporary, class is permanent" but for the vast majority of his career here he was mostly viewed as classless on here.

Would anyone really be pleased if Tiote was sold and we signed no one to replace him and Perch got an extended run in the side?

Watched him down at Blackburn in the cup and he was a fucking joke tbh. Colo ended up telling him to just keep putting the ball out of play because he was so terrified of the ball going anywhere near him. That was a low point but tbf he was shite til Christmas at least. Fair play to him he turned it round after that.

Perch is very limited. Got some confidence out of some excellent cameos in a central mid closer role where he didn't have any marking responsibilities. He sensibly worked the percentage passes.

I would never have a player like that starting unless there was a couple of injuries, but the way he played in stages last season made him a valuable member of the squad. I also still think he is poor at marking.

Watched him down at Blackburn in the cup and he was a fucking joke tbh. Colo ended up telling him to just keep putting the ball out of play because he was so terrified of the ball going anywhere near him. That was a low point but tbf he was shite til Christmas at least. Fair play to him he turned it round after that.

Had a solid game against Swansea at home, I remember. Probably because they only managed to get in our box twice.

Perch was god at the end of the season. last 10 games he played he was fucking immense in every position.

It's shit like this that make me feel the need to pick holes in his performances when infact, he was alright towards the end of last season.

Those people stating he was touting himself about and was a mercenary and what not, you going to hold your hands up and admit you were wrong?

Those people stating he was touting himself about and was a mercenary and what not, you going to hold your hands up and admit you were wrong?

I see the words 'admit' and 'wrong'. Fishy, man! Had you added 'self appointed' and 'policeman' you'd have had a full house!

I see the words 'admit' and 'wrong'. Fishy, man! Had you added 'self appointed' and 'policeman' you'd have had a full house!

Well, are YOU going to answer MY SIMPLE question OR not?!

Well, are YOU going to answer MY SIMPLE question OR not?!

Do as I say not as I do. Come back Leazes, all is forgiven! And I've been saying this for literally years, err, I mean seconds.

How does Pardew effectively accommodate both Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse into the same team? It’s a tough question, and one that will need to be solved quickly if he wants to keep them both happy. Pardew has promised Ba a more forward role in the team this term, but surely he’s not thinking of reverting back to a 4-4-2 formation?

With the introduction of Papiss Cisse in January, came the birth of a new way of playing; finally Newcastle could play a more continental, free flowing and expressive brand of football in a silky 4-3-3 formation, and it looked exciting to watch. The only issue being that it seemed to benefit just one of the strikers who played the system, with Demba Ba having to play as a make shift left winger.

Towards the end of last season, Pardew swapped his two strikers around during matches, to try and help Ba regain his goal scoring swagger. But it looked clear from the outset that this new formation was not going to be without sacrifice for at least one ​striker at any one time; with our top goal scorer left frustrated with his failure to score in any of his last 13 games.

So if Pardew decides to stick with this 4-3-3 formation this coming term, I would expect him to rotate the squad and give everyone a chance to shine. But who should he start with? Which player combination would constitute our strongest eleven?

Link removed, stick it in your sig and contribute to the community if you want it seen

Merged into the proper demba Ba thread also

How about buying Carroll and playing 4-3-2-1 with Ba and Cisse playing off a target man?

£20 Million...No thanks. Not a bad idea though although I'd rather not risk losing Cisse's goals.

Guest CabayeAye

I bet you a million quid if we ran a poll it would not win.

One of those wanky conspiracy theory WUM threads that seem to have become all of the rage recently?

Guest CabayeAye

Probably.

My vote is the next time some twat starts an obvious wind up thread about why cars are powered by fairly dust or some shite like that, they are dispatched to the creche.

Obviously individual WUM posts are fine, otherwise I'd be in there too! :)

• 1 month later...