Tooj

• 3 weeks later...

He is a great striker but he's completely fucked as a team player.

That goal against Stoke, he should never have shot, Tiote was clean through and it was a simple ball to him but no Demba shoots from outside the box and yes it bounced in the ideal place but there was fuck all power in it and it was really a Begovic fuck up that allowed Cisse to follow up - excellent follwoing up on his behalf tbf.

Whether he wants to go or stay, he needs to buck up his ideas about being a team player.

Cisse had no right to shoot for half the goals he scored last year. If he was any sort of team player he would have walked that ball into the corner 4 minutes into stoppage time away to Chelsea.

Strange thing to criticise a top scoring striker for shooting.

Agree with something Tooj pointed out though that he doesn't look like he can play 90 mins and usually looks fucked about halfway through the 2nd half.

Okay, so I was tired and emotional ;)

But my point still stands and not in reference to that incident in particular. We've gone from being a team that works hard for each other and together as a unit, to 11 individuals running in the same direction and it's not just Ba that is at fault.

Get it now straight edge soldier and co?

Edited by sammynb

Even if thats true I wouldnt blame him. Nobody else apart from him and Ben Arfa even seem to want to have a pop at goal. Dead scared of the ball they are. If Ba hadnt been this 'selfish' this season we might have been hugging QPR in the table at the moment.

You have to love Demba like. Even when he scored an equalising own goal v the mackems he partially redeemed himself by being their top scorer that month.

We need Ba and Cisse to take more responsibility to make stuff happen and that's exactly what he did with the goal against Stoke. After that both him and Cisse did it again and went close. When you're struggling as a team you tend to find players will hide and not want to try anything so it's got to be a positive that they didn't do that. Hopefully we'll see more of that tonight and maybe they'll both score when on the pitch together!

It seems like the deal is 7.5 mill to buy out his contract, a boatload of cash to his greedy agents, and 90k a week and a big signing on fee to the man himself. Not to mention a dodgy knee which according to Stoke could go at any time. It's not exactly a bargain......unless you're Liverpool of course....

It seems like the deal is 7.5 mill to buy out his contract, a boatload of cash to his greedy agents, and 90k a week and a big signing on fee to the man himself. Not to mention a dodgy knee which according to Stoke could go at any time. It's not exactly a bargain......unless you're Liverpool of course....

Always with the money these footballers.

So who thinks he's off in January?

I'm starting to think he will be. Pardew has changed his tune a little bit compared to the last time around. Not feeling too confident we will keep him. Plus we're down the league a bit and the player could have his head turned a little more easily with that being the case.

Despite Ba's monumental goal return and the fact we need to tie him down to a new contract, I would still rather play Cisse as the central figurehead with Ba a bit wider if we are playing one out and out striker.

The reason is that I think Cisse has better ball control, better vision and isn't as selfish as Ba is.

More often than not you see Ba get the ball when crowded out and instead of waiting for others to join the attack he'll either end up trying to take about 3 people on or will try and score from some impossible position.

His first touch at times is inconsistent as well compared to Cisse's, plus we all know about his stamina issues as playing that roll often requires a lot of selfless running and pressing.

The best goal scorer we've had for the best part of a decade though so don't get me wrong I think he's class but in the role he's playing at the moment I think he could just do with playing the percentages a bit better and work more for the team.