Tooj

I'm sure Pardew was hinting at it (Cabaye) at the start of the season.

Cisse supposedly had the hump about not being allowed to play for Senegal (at the Olympics??) too.

So Cisse wanted to play for his country, what a greedy bastard?

Nowt solid on Cabaye either so I say again

A Lot?

Exactly. He has a history of doing this so I really don't see why anyone is surprised. As much as I love Ben Arfa I expect him to shaft us the same way. We can't really complain when players we acquired on the cheap due to holding their clubs to ransom do the same to us.

Yep. It's surprising no club has come in for Cabaye/Cisse/Tiote. Pardew claiming we fought people off, but that's really, really hard to believe.

I can understand why nobody has paid for Ba

Edited by colinh9

Players will always be unhappy when dropped and I don't want a player who is happy to be dropped.

If a player gives an ultimatum of, "play me or I'm off," then sell him, no matter who it is.

Players today know that it's a full on squad game and it's about tactical switches which may or may not work, yet have to be tried.

Just because one player boasts a bigger pedigree than another, doesn't make him automatic choice, especially if another player is showing more desire in a game or training.

I support Newcastle United and anyone who pulls on that shirt and no player is bigger than the club no matter how many goals they score or games they save.

It's about being focused for everyone and those who decide to rock the boat should be made an example of.

So Cisse wanted to play for his country, what a greedy bastard?

Nowt solid on Cabaye either so I say again

A Lot?

Shh.

Just cause you're a mod now I can't be arsed splitting hairs all day. He hinted at a few players heads being turned during the window and if you want to go back to those days you're welcome to them. The point still stands regardless of the exact ins and outs, Pardew has done enough for me to trust him over any particular player who's deciding it's time to give it the 'grand je suis' over money.

Had a quick look at last seasons stats. Ba scored 15 in 19 before xmas playing in his preferred position through the middle. He's managed 6 in 6 in the same position this season.

That's 21 goals in 25 games. :o

We really can't afford to let him leave

We really need to be doing everything we can to tie him down to a new contract without a release clause. There's no way we could replace him for the £7m fee that's been reported and even less chance when you consider we'd only have about half of that to actually spend.

We can't afford to be splashing about £100k a week contracts but when you consider what we would have to spend on a replacement you have think it makes financial sense to look at increasing his wage if it means we don't have to then go and spend on a replacement!

• 1 month later...

Never a truer word was printed when under a comment which says its nice to know that Muslims can be good people, it states that comments do not represent the views of MailOnline.

"Their lifestyle makes for great professional footballers because they don’t drink, they live correctly and are absolutely perfect ambassadors for their religion. It is nice to listen to their opinions, too."

Other than Cisse, who's quite partial to a couple of pints with his curries.

8? Class. Nobody ever understand why I support the club being as far away as I am from Newcastle with no connections whatsoever. Maybe I can use that as excuse now albeit a poor one :lol:

Who are the eight?

Ba

Cisse

Tiote

Ben Arfa .....

Abeid?

Vuckic?

Bigiramana ?

Not that it really matters tbh, just curious.

Who are the eight?

Ba

Cisse

Tiote

Ben Arfa .....

Abeid?

Vuckic?

Bigiramana ?

Not that it really matters tbh, just curious.

Aye. Thats what I thought. The first five are confirmed. Rest must be youth team I guess then.