Mevlüt Erdinç

Christmas Tree

I was always dubious about buying a player not wanted by PSG anyway. Not exactly a European juggernaut. Booed off his own fans last season too.

PSG get the player we really wanted so we go after the player they're reasaonably happy to offload as a consequence of that. Rather depressing really.

A naa, I remember the days where we were bullying them for their two best players, Weah and Ginola.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exciting player though, according to CT

I'm guessing that that could've been speculation on his behalf though.

you'd have thought he'd have been on those scouting trips with graham carr given how much he seems to know about these new signings.

Toon target to stay in Paris

Newcastle's top target Mevlut Erding is ready to shun a move to Tyneside after declaring he wants to remain with Paris Saint-Germain.

The Magpies had reportedly made Erding their number one striking target after they lost out, coincidentally, to PSG for Kevin Gameiro.

The North East club are thought to be pushing hard for the Turkey international and are understood to have bid in the region of £7million.

Rennes and French champions Lille are also interested and Erding was linked to the latter, possibly as part of a bid for Eden Hazard.

But, despite the potential moves in the pipeline, Erding has now declared he wants to stay and fight for his place at the Parc des Princes.

"I stay in Paris," Erding told L'Equipe.

"I want to impose myself here and I do not fear competition. I'm ready. Anyway, there is always competition, at all clubs."

Guest alex
Toon target to stay in Paris

Newcastle's top target Mevlut Erding is ready to shun a move to Tyneside after declaring he wants to remain with Paris Saint-Germain.

The Magpies had reportedly made Erding their number one striking target after they lost out, coincidentally, to PSG for Kevin Gameiro.

The North East club are thought to be pushing hard for the Turkey international and are understood to have bid in the region of £7million.

Rennes and French champions Lille are also interested and Erding was linked to the latter, possibly as part of a bid for Eden Hazard.

But, despite the potential moves in the pipeline, Erding has now declared he wants to stay and fight for his place at the Parc des Princes.

"I stay in Paris," Erding told L'Equipe.

"I want to impose myself here and I do not fear competition. I'm ready. Anyway, there is always competition, at all clubs."

He's crap anyway [/CT]

Could see Mike and Derek not being too worried about this if he was their number one target. They'll simply switch their attentions to the next lower rung of player...

Mevlüt Erdinç in snub for Newcastle

by Mark Douglas, The Journal

Jul 9 2011

NEWCASTLE United’s interest in Turkey striker Mevlüt Erdinç is over.

The club are ready to move on to new targets after the Paris Saint Germain forward told United yesterday he would not be joining them. Newcastle had lodged a £7million bid with the French club on Tuesday which was being considered, but the player’s decision appears to have forced their hand.

Although Newcastle boss Alan Pardew had been hoping the striker would have a change of heart, the club are now reluctantly moving onto another Continental-based striker.

Erdinç’s agent Pierre Frelot confirmed to The Journal yesterday: “He will not be going to Newcastle. The player decided not to move and he is staying in Paris for next season.”

Although United made quick progress in the transfer market after the season ended, Erdinç’s decision to stay in the French capital is a second blow in Newcastle’s chase for a forward to play off new target man Demba Ba.

They missed out on priority target Kevin Gameiro, who joined PSG, and despite initial enthusiasm for a move to Newcastle, Erdinç has also decided to stay in Ligue 1.

Shane Long has many admirers inside St James’ Park but it appears as if a foreign-based target is now their priority.

That is not to say that they may not return to Long, who has been extensively scouted by assistant boss John Carver over the last six months.

The Republic of Ireland striker is well thought of by many, with one North East-based scout telling The Journal that he is potentially the best forward the country has produced for a generation.

Although a figure of £10million has been widely reported, sources in Berkshire have indicated that nearer £5m would be enough to sign the promising hitman.

I'd take Long for £5m and (long shot) a decent foreign striker for around £10m.

Those two, another midfielder and an Enrique replacement/cover (Taylor?) would see me satisfied with the club's business this summer. Long shot though, like I said.

Those two, another midfielder and an Enrique replacement/cover (Taylor?) would see me satisfied with the club's business this summer. Long shot though, like I said.

I think we might get another striker if we're lucky.

I think it's near-impossible that we won't bring in another striker to be perfectly honest. That might mean that we panic and bring in someone mediocre however. The club aren't stupid, it's painfully obvious that we need to improve in that position.

I think it's near-impossible that we won't bring in another striker to be perfectly honest. That might mean that we panic and bring in someone mediocre however. The club aren't stupid, it's painfully obvious that we need to improve in that position.

:D

:D

you beat me to it

OK, they aren't that stupid. It's near-impossible to be that stupid.

I don't know, I said in January we will definitely sign a forward because it was be really, really stupid not to.

So we sell our best forward AND don't buy one :D

Good work guys!

I don't know, I said in January we will definitely sign a forward because it was be really, really stupid not to.

Good work guys!

you also said you would eat your testicles if Nolan signed for West Ham.

Sadly, your expectations you took for granted have been eroded.

This is not an attempt to derail the thread, just to point out you were talking bollocks.

No pun intended :)

Objection, m'lud!

Hey, I'm trying to engineer myself a move to Team Positive.

I expect there's plenty of spaces available :D

Good work guys!

This is not an attempt to derail the thread, just to point out you were talking bollocks.

Go and die already, jesus wept!

Good work guys!

you walked straight into it :)

As dumb as usual.

The most spectacular piece of optimism shown in quite a while...

Keep your chin up, plenty will be joining you on 1st September.

Edited by LeazesMag

Good work guys!

you walked straight into it :)

As dumb as usual.

The most spectacular piece of optimism shown in quite a while...

Keep your chin up, plenty will be joining you on 1st September.

You're making yourself look very thick there, can you read?

Just to clarify (because you obviously can't) I was stating that in January I too asumed we couldn't fuck it up (the search for a forward) but we did so I wouldn't be too hasty in suggesting we definitely won't fuck it up this time. So basically, my point was the same as the likes you constantly make, therefore you trying to have a dig is just, well fucking stupid.

I do feel a little guilty wasting the bandwidth having to explain these things to you, can you try and read properly next time? If you need to get someone to read it for you first it might help? :)