Mevlüt Erdinç

Christmas Tree

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Newcastle offer £7m for their new No.9

Newcastle have lodged a fresh £7million bid for Turkish striker Mevlut Erdinc - with the idea of him claiming the Toon's iconic No 9 shirt.

The 24-year-old Paris St Germain star is on his way out of the French club after being booed by their fans during a bad season last year.

But Newcastle have been tracking Erdinc for three years and want him on the basis of his eye-catching form with former club Sochaux and his first season at PSG.

Erdinc is the prime target that Newcastle are working on at the moment and boss Alan Pardew has promised two new recruits before the end of August - including one before the squad leaves for a pre-season tour in the United States in a fortnight.

The striker, who scored 36 goals in 78 games at Sochaux and added 22 in 51 for PSG, fits in with Pardew's ambition to pack his squad with hungry, driven players aged under 26.

Simon Bird

I have to admit Erdinc's stats don't really impress me and we do need a decent consistent goalscorer. I've heard Erdinc is good at creating goals for others but we don't need that, we just bought two guys for that job.

Erdinc's expressed his desire to say at Paris. Fuck him. Djbril Cisse's record in France was twice as good as this kids, he looked like a shit Paul Kitson on youtube. Get Defoe in and no regrets.

I was always dubious about buying a player not wanted by PSG anyway. Not exactly a European juggernaut. Booed off his own fans last season too.

Was he? Fuck me the Turkish Shola.

Guest alex
I was always dubious about buying a player not wanted by PSG anyway. Not exactly a European juggernaut. Booed off his own fans last season too.

PSG get the player we really wanted so we go after the player they're reasaonably happy to offload as a consequence of that. Rather depressing really.