New captain

Lazarus

Tough one. Taylor was getting back into the side at the end of last season but I think his head would explode if he got it. Tiote seems too quiet and not an obvious choice. I reckon Colo.

I'd say JB would be 1st choice as he had it when Nolan wasnt in the side, thing with that is i can see him leaving as well now.

Coloccini or Tiote would be my choice if their english is good enough?

Failing that id imagine it would be Saylor or Harper should the latter start next season.

i hope barton stays if he does he should be captain hes done well got himself sorted and is behaving to. but if hes sold then it might have to be s taylor

should be barton....assuming he's still here.

if not, step forward super shola ;)

Ashley should use the money saved from Nolans wages, to give Barton a new contract and make him captain.

Barton if he stays but can't see it with his outbursts today will be a sure fire way to get away while saving face. Think it will be Collo

Wouldn't be surprised if Collo was next out the door. How much is he on? £70K? It's only a matter of time before he's onto pastures new.