Drug users

McFaul

What would you describe yourself as out of these  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need a "Never touched any drug ever, but don't think less of people who have" option for me.

However I completely accept the argument that alcohol could/should be classed as such and is probably worse than cannabis.

Have pretty much knocked it all on the head these days bar the odd blowout, which has to be planned well in advance and is always regretted the next day because of the bairn.

I had a misspent youth mind. Never touched smack or crack but dabbled in pretty much everything else. Pills and acid in the teens and twenties, coke in late twenties/ early thirties. Dope and booze throughout. I got into that meow meow stuff for a bit last year before the baby turned up. Not bad actually.

Edited by Dr Gloom

If you had seen the amount of people locked up in high secure mental health hospitals as a result of drug induced psychosis as I have, you wouldn't take any of them with a shitty stick. There are a very small percentage of people whose brains cannot handle it and it fucks them up until the day they die

If you had seen the amount of people locked up in high secure mental health hospitals as a result of drug induced psychosis as I have, you wouldn't take any of them with a shitty stick. There are a very small percentage of people whose brains cannot handle it and it fucks them up until the day they die

I had a bad pill once like, and I was fucked up for about 4 weeks. Afew days later on We played Tottenham and Liverpool in the space of a few weeks, we beat Tottenham 6-1 and I remember being at the match oblivious to what was going on on the pitch, I donno what was in the cowie but instead of having pupils like dinner plates they were like tiny dots, was much worse than Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory, surely a few joints can't get you in a permanent state of psychosis though.

Motorbikes, cars, women, children, skydiving, jobs, money, etc etc.

People snap/die for thousands of reasons.

I would say it's virtually certain he works with people who have / do dabble which would also negate the argument somewhat. You knaa what he's like though :lol:

I used to dabble in the pills about 10 years ago. Now I'll occasionally have a smoke when the bairns at my mothers or if I go to my mates.

I was the type who'd rather have a smoke than a drink, that's gone the other way no however.

Dabbled in Salvia Divonorium when I was 16 - Fuck me, strongest thing I've ever taken.

Once tried 'Datura' at college and that's not to be messed with. A plant which is the strongest hallucinogenic known to man. Total mind blower.

It's not big, and it's not clever ..... but it's fuckin' beautiful all the same.

When at Uni loads of us used to smoke weed every day (all day sometimes) and take pills when we went out sometimes. My old school mate started joining in with us and got really in to it over the next couple of years... then one day he had a fit when we were playing footy (he wasnt on owt at the time), and this happened every now and then after that, docs had no idea what was wrong and he wouldn't tell them he'd been taking pills and coke fairly regularly.

Anyway he ended up really just falling away and becoming a totally different person to the kid i'd known ever since we were children.

Best mate for many years but aint spoke to him in a long time... last I heard though he'd lost his job and was living with his parents (at the age of 30).

The rest of us stopped taking owt and got on with having careers, families etc... so whilst I think its only the rare occasion that somone gets their brain all twisted and it changes who they are, i still think looking back that its a bit of a daft risk to take.

With age comes wisdom though and if someone had explained all that to me at the time i'd still have been off popping pills and getting stoned because you think you're invicible at that age.

Datura? I've heard some serious horror stories about that.

Yeah, they'll have been true aswell. I was ok on it, drank it in a cup of tea but it prevents you from talking. Sounds weird but it does. Creates an inability to speak and the vivid pictures you see are strong.

My mate at college had a funny turn on it. We were later told that 1 in 8 die when taking it ..... Like I said, t'was at college and I was young and dumb and didn't investigate before taking.

Re mental illness, isn't it the case that there is a correlative relationship between mental illness and drug use, rather than a casual one. In other words the mentally ill are more likely to turn to drugs to deal with their problems, but those problems aren't actually caused by the drugs?

That's certainly the case with cannabis and schizophrenia from what I've read.

Yeah, they'll have been true aswell. I was ok on it, drank it in a cup of tea but it prevents you from talking. Sounds weird but it does. Creates an inability to speak and the vivid pictures you see are strong.

My mate at college had a funny turn on it. We were later told that 1 in 8 die when taking it ..... Like I said, t'was at college and I was young and dumb and didn't investigate before taking.

1 in 8 die??????? So if 80000 people take 10000 will die? I've never even heard of it, what is it?

1 in 8 die??????? So if 80000 people take 10000 will die? I've never even heard of it, what is it?

A Plant that grows wild. One of the horticulture students put us onto it and then when investigated afterwards found some startling figures. It mightn't have been 1 in 8 but it's close.

Effects of ingestion

Due to the potent combination of anticholinergic substances it contains, Datura intoxication typically produces effects similar to that of an anticholinergic delirium (as contrasted to hallucination): a complete inability to differentiate reality from fantasy; hyperthermia; tachycardia; bizarre, and possibly violent behavior; and severe mydriasis with resultant painful photophobia that can last several days. Pronounced amnesia is another commonly reported effect.[12]

No other psychoactive substance has received as many "train wreck" (that is, severely negative experience) reports as has Datura. The overwhelming majority of those who describe their use of Datura find their experiences extremely mentally and physically unpleasant and often physically dangerous.[12]

[edit]Treatment

Due to their agitated behavior and confused mental state, victims of Datura poisoning are typically hospitalized. Gastric lavage (stomach pumping) and the administration of activated charcoal can be used to reduce the stomach's absorption of the ingested material. The drug physostigmine is used to reverse the effect of the poisons. Benzodiazepines can be given to curb the patient's agitation, and supportive care with oxygen, hydration, and symptomatic treatment is often provided. Observation of the patient is indicated until the symptoms resolve, usually from 24–36 hours after ingestion of the Datura.[13]

Fuckin hell.

Have you heard about Krokodil the awful drug literally destroying people in Russia.

Absolutely horrendous, http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/eu...es-2300787.html

DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO UNLESS YOU HAVE A VERY STRONG STOMACH, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yfd_7jrnMk

Interesting comment....you can put this on youtube but no boobies, the world it fucked.