Newcastle v Arsenal Sat 13th August Kick Off 5.30pm

Christmas Tree

Is Year Zero a parody of a US pundit?

;) Reminds me of when I was on holiday in Greece years ago and I had my short wave radio trying to get the results from the World Cup on World Service. I couldn't find it so had to make do with the World Cup round-up on NBC radio. I could barely tell what they were on about.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange game. I think that's the worst Arsenal team I've seen here in a long time, they were poor by their usual standards. I will reserve judgement for now, although I was massively dissapointed with Cabaye I'm not going to stick the boot in after one game. I thought we had more negatives than positives but it could be down to a number of things, I just hope that a big one isn't team morale due to what's gone on (or not) during the summer..

I wouldn't bank on us signing pieters before the window shuts or any other fucker for that matter.

Based on what exactly?

I wouldn't bank on us signing pieters before the window shuts or any other fucker for that matter.

Expect Pardoo to say something like "We've moved heaven and earth to get someone in but it's not to be. Still, I've been delighted with Ryan there and he's made the position his own. I know he won't let anyone down, so I'm not disappointed with that."

I have faith that we will get Pieters and i reckon 1 or 3 loan deals if we cant secure a striker permanently. Sturridge on loan would be ideal, and looking all the more likely that he will leave Chelsea on loan again.

I've been told that Barton has told Pulis he will make a decision whether to go to Stoke after the mackem game. Obviously waiting to see if he can trust Pardews word on getting a LB and ST before next weekend.

Are you fucking daft?

Our last few transfer windows, thats what. We shouldn't be scratting around for unknown jonny foreigners and loan deals, we've knew since January we need a proper striker you thick cunt. We should be spending some proper money on players, after all we've got it.

Edited by Jusoda Kid

Based on what exactly?

Expect Pardoo to say something like "We've moved heaven and earth to get someone in but it's not to be. Still, I've been delighted with Ryan there and he's made the position his own. I know he won't let anyone down, so I'm not disappointed with that."

I have faith that we will get Pieters and i reckon 1 or 3 loan deals if we cant secure a striker permanently. Sturridge on loan would be ideal, and looking all the more likely that he will leave Chelsea on loan again.

I've been told that Barton has told Pulis he will make a decision whether to go to Stoke after the mackem game. Obviously waiting to see if he can trust Pardews word on getting a LB and ST before next weekend.

Are you fucking daft?

Our last few transfer windows, thats what. We shouldn't be scratting around for unknown jonny foreigners and loan deals, we've knew since January we need a proper striker you thick cunt. We should be spending some proper money on players, after all we've got it.

What a lovely grasp of the english language you have fella. Man you are a moron.

So no clubs should look at foreigners then? Or loan deals?

Fuckin MORON.

We are not the massive club we once were.

We need to be looking at these kind of deals to progress gradually without busting thr arse out of our financial predicament.

Edited by Deano

Henry Winter

#nufc #afc charged by FA with failing to control their players. Barton, who caused ruck, faces no action (as got YC). Song charged, rightly

I thought that charge was used when there was a full on melee? Barton was the only one who did anything wrong and even that wasn't a major offence.

Based on what exactly?

Are you fucking daft?

What a lovely grasp of the english language you have fella. Man you are a moron.

So no clubs should look at foreigners then? Or loan deals?

Fuckin MORON.

We are not the massive club we once were.

We need to be looking at these kind of deals to progress gradually without busting thr arse out of our financial predicament.

We should have 35 million + to spend you backward prick, what part of that don't you understand?

I'm assuming you're Christmas Tree's daughter so from now on I shall refer to you as CT's right tit.

Edited by Jusoda Kid

Based on what exactly?

Probably the events of past seven transfer windows. What we should be asking you is what are you basing your belief on that this window will be any different? ;)

Jusoda sKidmark...

We recieved 35mil + 4mil Nolan + 2mil Routledge......add that too the 15mil Ashley should of put into the club aswell? Wow....imagine a 50mil+ transfer budget???

Now, i agree that we should have spent more than we have.

However, 50mil+ is european club spending and we are not there....YET. I dont beleive in splashing the cash and then moaning because we still didnt make europe, which is probably the type of guy you are.

Those days are gone, but i am sure they will return. Probably not under FMA but if we gradually progress financially and on the pitch then we are a more likely option for consortia who are probably monitoring our situation.

Accept how things are now, see the positives, stay hopeful that the good times will come back around...be patient.

I want FMA out as much as you.....just trying to enjoy supporting my club as much as i can whilst he is here.

Edited by Deano

Joey comitted a yellow card offence and got a yellow.

Gervinho & Song committed red card offences and got the right bans.In similar incidents - The same as Williamson got for his ''trial by TV'' for Song - and the same as Barton got for ''punching'' Perdersen for Gervinho.

You seem to be pinning your hopes on us getting bought out, when that has not looked like happening or going to happen anytime soon

Nothing has been in the media lately no. Thats not to say that there arent 2 or 3 parties considering us.

Come on, we are one of the biggest clubs in england, we have fantastic support home and away, we have a pretty young and talented squad that with a few good buys could be european contenders, we are looking ever stronger financially. We are beeing set up to be sold. I reckon at the end of this season when the new financial regulations come in and we are then a very very attractive proposition.

We wont be bought out. It's a catch 22 situation as the more the fans protest the less of a saleable asset we become as nobody can be arsed with the unrest & the less fans protest the more Ashley is inclined to sit on his investment and gradually asset strip as ''bigger clubs'' come in for our players.

Basically bar a miracle we are fucked.

We wont be bought out. It's a catch 22 situation as the more the fans protest the less of a saleable asset we become as nobody can be arsed with the unrest & the less fans protest the more Ashley is inclined to sit on his investment and gradually asset strip as ''bigger clubs'' come in for our players.

Indeed. Personally I think Ashley is in a holding pattern until someone comes forward (sooner or later) with the right price. He doesn't need to sell and crystallise a loss so he will sit on the club like a deadweight, neither attracting new investment nor putting in any more of his own money, until he can get shot on his own terms.

In the short to medium term I think his priority is to get his $100m of interest free loans back unless he gets a good offer; I believe he plans to fund this out of player sales and the club "wiping its nose" by getting the wage bill down and turning a profit. Making the club profitable and self funding should also make the club attractive to purchasers.

PL survival is the only real footballing objective. Key to his business plan will be buying cheap and developing players' value so they can be sold on at a decent profit, before their wages get too high and whilst they still have plenty of time left on their contracts.

I admit this is just guesswork and cynicism. Certain things don't fit the pattern like Shola's contract extension and Barton's free transfer but I think this is where we're heading in broad terms.

Indeed. Personally I think Ashley is in a holding pattern until someone comes forward (sooner or later) with the right price. He doesn't need to sell and crystallise a loss so he will sit on the club like a deadweight, neither attracting new investment nor putting in any more of his own money, until he can get shot on his own terms.

In the short to medium term I think his priority is to get his $100m of interest free loans back unless he gets a good offer; I believe he plans to fund this out of player sales and the club "wiping its nose" by getting the wage bill down and turning a profit. Making the club profitable and self funding should also make the club attractive to purchasers.

PL survival is the only real footballing objective. Key to his business plan will be buying cheap and developing players' value so they can be sold on at a decent profit, before their wages get too high and whilst they still have plenty of time left on their contracts.

I admit this is just guesswork and cynicism. Certain things don't fit the pattern like Shola's contract extension and Barton's free transfer but I think this is where we're heading in broad terms.

You forgot the advertising revenues going to his parent company St James Holdings!

btw when he does sell the club I have a sneaking suspicion that there is going to be all kinds of strife because he's separated the property away from the club and the new owner is in for a shock on what the club now actually owns.

You forgot the advertising revenues going to his parent company St James Holdings!

btw when he does sell the club I have a sneaking suspicion that there is going to be all kinds of strife because he's separated the property away from the club and the new owner is in for a shock on what the club now actually owns.

Property in what sense Sammy? I think SJP is leased from the council but I assume we own the stands and the training ground?

Imagine if he sold the club but kept the training ground!!!! ;)

I shouldn't joke about it really...... ;)

Edited by Kitman

Property in what sense Sammy? I think SJP is leased from the council but I assume we own the stands and the training ground?

Imagine if he sold the club but kept the training ground!!!! ;)

I shouldn't joke about it really...... ;)

Yeah I know SJP is leased from the council but I remember reading a while back how he's move the "property" and this would no doubt include SJP's lease, to St James Holdings - I think Pud can back this up?

No doubt it's partly a tax thing, charge the club a lease for the use of facilities, also it's a way of siphoning off advertising revenue so it never actually goes to the club.

But you just know he'd sell the club and in best fat Freddy fashion, commit it to a 100 year lease for the training grounds and stadium he controls!

edit: found the earlier property comments - http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=651236

Edited by sammynb

got to go......back later...........the tactical change at half time worked well.......as posted in the thread started by Stevie, I quite like Oberfan [don't take that as any sort of support for Ashley, every fuckwit gets something right now and again].......our defence played well as a unit, the 2 centre backs are both good players and hopefully we won't be tempted to sell either of them.....a word on Krul though, he dropped another cross, if he is the number 1 Dutch keeper, the rest of their keepers must be a sack of shite.

got to go......back later...........the tactical change at half time worked well.......as posted in the thread started by Stevie, I quite like Oberfan [don't take that as any sort of support for Ashley, every fuckwit gets something right now and again].......our defence played well as a unit, the 2 centre backs are both good players and hopefully we won't be tempted to sell either of them.....a word on Krul though, he dropped another cross, if he is the number 1 Dutch keeper, the rest of their keepers must be a sack of shite.

That dutch Swansea keeper was immense last night.