Newcastle v Arsenal Sat 13th August Kick Off 5.30pm

Christmas Tree

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way Barton should get punished retrospectively for that. First off, he was booked; secondly, the thought wouldn't even cross anyone's mind if it were an Arsenal player, or Stephen 'Imacunt' Gerrard.

He got booked-they can't take any further action

Just what I was thinking. If the ref acted on it there's nothing the FA can do.

Shall we play the 'Arsene Wengers post match interview guessing game'?

"I..ur...Joey Barton...ur...he grabbed Gervinho but ur Gervinho hitting Barton? I don't know, I didn't see it."

So for the second reason running, Arsenal have a man sent off because of a coming together with Barton. Those gooner fans at work are going to go mental - bring it on! :lol:

I have no problem with Barton dragging the cheat to his feet but the reaction to the "punch" was embarrassing.

Will be interesting to see if Song gets the same video treatment Barton did for the Blackburn punch.

Overall would have taken a point but last years problem has been completely un-addressed - absolutely no creativity.

Cabaye looks tidy, Obertan is shit.

The fact that Ameobi, Best and Lovenkrands still feature means we face a relegation fight imo.

Alex Song is in deep shit too. Surely a retrospective red card?

BTW I haven't gone through the entire thread so don't know if it's been covered but has the 'NEWCASTLE UNITED' sign on the East Stand been replaced?

Good result but we could and should of won this.

Defended well and that was the main part of our game. Didn't really have muc

h goin forward though although Ba looked decent. Ben Arfa back, new strikers and LB and we will be a good side.

Although we didn't win there are many positives out of today. We are gonna muller the mackems next week.

Obertan looked good, Barton looked hungry, Cabaye looked tidy but didn't impose himself enough.