The Great British riots

Gene_Clark

All this family guy bullshit as well; he poses for photos making gun signs and gurning like he's taking a 19 lb shite. This whole culture is built around intimidation, down to the way people dress and the proclivity for weapons and violence.

The heart wants what the heart wants sweetie.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this family guy bullshit as well; he poses for photos making gun signs and gurning like he's taking a 19 lb shite. This whole culture is built around intimidation, down to the way people dress and the proclivity for weapons and violence.

The heart wants what the heart wants sweetie.

You sound like a low-brow Joey Barton now.

Apparently the Tesco in Oxford was set alight this evening. Was meant to be going out in Oxford but got told to stay at home.

:D "Oh muuuuuum! So unfair!"

Hah. Had an (admittedly quite drunk) friend with a car nearby who was so game to go buy. Was very tempted to stop by mine and get my camera before heading into town.

Apparently the Tesco in Oxford was set alight this evening. Was meant to be going out in Oxford but got told to stay at home.

:D "Oh muuuuuum! So unfair!"

Hah. Had an (admittedly quite drunk) friend with a car nearby who was so game to go buy. Was very tempted to stop by mine and get my camera before heading into town.

Yeah get camera make myself a sitting target - Check. :D

yes mate. it's one of our favourite indians. you can eat in there too. the gurka tiffin is also worth a shout as is indian mischief, the new south indian place on lordship lane (if it's still standing).

Excellent, cheers. I was about to say we're rarely close enough to that part of the world, but then we go to Babur in Honor Oak often enough (also excellent btw) and that's not too far away by London standards. Will be sure to follow your tips once things have quietened down a bit. :lol:

:lol: "Oh muuuuuum! So unfair!"

It's kicking off in EALING now ffs. London's burning. :lol:

Wouldn't get away with it here tbh, police must be far more used to riots or something, but they'd not get near to looting anything.

doesn't look like they're upto it or doing anything, wonder if the lad that died previously after getting shoved has anything to do with the tactics for controlling them.

over here they'd have watercannoned/gas'd/plastic bulleted them long ago and it'd have been knocked on the head, suppose it helps when the police roll into the scene in one of these rather than a normal car mind.

1451374_43ec0ffa.jpg

We got new big fancy ones now blud. Some jobs.

Is Ealing nice or something? I must confess to knowing absolutely nothing about that side of town.

Always assumed it was canny affluent. The Beeb seem to think it is anyway. In the 80s and 90s the riots were very localised, this seems very different.

Is Ealing nice or something? I must confess to knowing absolutely nothing about that side of town.

Always assumed it was canny affluent. The Beeb seem to think it is anyway. In the 80s and 90s the riots were very localised, this seems very different.

I think it's just pockets of kids all over the place seeing pictures of the looting in Tottenham and Enfield, seeing the police adopting a policy of containment rather than reciprocal violence, and thinking "fine, we'll have a bit of that too".