The Great British riots

Gene_Clark

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should just repeat the Heathrow airport trick and wheel out a fuckload of tanks.

It really is piss poor- scum are setting fire to people's homes and the police are just playing chasey.

Man on the news "the government have done all these things without consulting the yoof, all these cuts"

Apart from holding a general election, of course. Wonder how many voted?

Man on the news "the government have done all these things without consulting the yoof, all these cuts"

None of them could spell 'purpose'

They're giving civil disobedience a bad name these puffer-jacketed cunts .

Burn London .

None of them could spell 'purpose'

They're giving civil disobedience a bad name these puffer-jacketed cunts .

Burn London .

It's funny, I've been on a course today and could just walk home through Regent's Park, tourists enjoying a wander, joggers going round (including some phenomenal rear ends), boatloads of games of cricket, football and rugby- all completely oblivious to the goings on elsewhere.

Several buildings and a bus on fire in Croydon.

davidwearing David Wearing

For those of you who don't remember the 80s, this is what Tory Britain looks like

It's just really sad as much as anything else, all these pictures of stuff on fire and the rest, both nearby and elsewhere. I've no doubt there's a lot of people involved who feel they're socially excluded, but it's clearly just as much that quintessentially modern British attitude of wanting and expecting something for nothing. And fucking up businesses - both chains and locally owned - in the already poor(er) parts of London where they live is obviously really going to help their neighbourhood become a better, brighter, more prosperous place for them. Ho hum.

Sky News - fat disgrace Dianne 'of the people' Abbott forcing her shite into a camera . Fuck off man . Was her bridge club cancelled like . Everyone's fault but the actual people out there bottling buses and burning folk out of their homes. My hairy arse .

Please rise for the Irish National Anthem!

The last time the country erupted like this was in 81 and this was No 1 in the charts for a month that summer...just as it was all kicking off. I guess with the death of the "Celtic Tiger" its appropriate too.

I largely agree that this is opportunistic fuckin wankers playing up because some other fuckers seem to have got away with something on Saturday night, but the economic similarities with the 80s are quite strong....only it took Thatcher 2 years to really inflame the innner cities, Cameron (returning home from holiday tonight according to the bbc news) seems to have done the trick in just over 12 months...way to go Davey :D

Edited by PaddockLad

Everything ok near you Martin? Heard that Lewisham/Croydon/Peckham involved now?

Aye, nothing right on the doorstep so far thankfully. The trouble down in central Lewisham that's been on the telly is about 15 minutes' walk away, and apparently there's rumblings in New Cross too which is 15 minutes in the other direction. Luckily there shouldn't be too much round here to attract attention, except maybe the Tesco Express if they get desperate... :D The independent shops out on the main road were mostly all shutting up for the night when I came back from the gym a couple of hours ago - can't say I blame them. But apart from a night's sleep that'll no doubt be disturbed by sirens - the aforementioned main road is the main artery between Lewisham and Peckham. Brilliant. :D - everything should be all right, touch wood.

Please rise for the Irish National Anthem!

The last time the country erupted like this was in 81 and this was No 1 in the charts for a month that summer...just as it was all kicking off. I guess with the death of the "Celtic Tiger" its appropriate too.

I largely agree that this is opportunistic fuckin wankers playing up because some other fuckers seem to have got away with something on Saturday night, but the economic similarities with the 80s are quite strong....only it took Thatcher 2 years to really go to inflame the innner cities, Cameron (returning home from holiday tonight according to the bbc news) seems to have done the trick in just over 12 months...way to go Davey :nufc:

It's a father ted reference, but i guess it does apply these days :D

Ted asks everyone to rise for the anthem and they play ghost town

:D Not seen that one, Father Ted was class.

Dont think your plods wouldve fared any better than the Met tbh.....these fuckers set fire to to a car whilst being pummled by the water cannonn :D