Sunderland 0 Newcastle United 1

snakehips

We had more posession (51%), twice as many shots on target (10) and almost a third of the fouls.

Any claim they dominated or that we're dirty is pie in the sky...based on those first 20 miutes where they had no product in the end.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned above they made speculative long range efforts that had no real chance of going in - to me that's conceding that you can't break down a defence rather than the opposite.

All that matters in the end is the final score.

For all of their spells of 'dominance' they failed to create any clearcut chances. On the other hand, although we looked quite rusty in periods of the game we created a bunch of clearcut chances, and our defense did a solid job of absorbing pressure.

I LOVE that it was Cuntermong that gave away the free kick that Raylor scored from. Poetic justice.

Reading RTG the mackems are resigned to what I've been telling them for years. They are Sunderland and we are Newcastle, they're not supposed to win, and they rarely do. That really is the tale of the Tyne/Wear derby in the modern era.

We battered them

After drinking myself into a stupor to try to forget the result, I am now coming out of my fog of depression and have replayed the match back again to confirm my original thoughts.

We completely outplayed them for most of the game and they were lucky to string three passes together. Admittedly once they scored they grew in confidence and it was more even, but even then they never looked like scoring from open play until we were desperately chasing the game towards the end.

Had the score been one nil to us the attitude on this board would have been completely different with scores of 8 9 and 10 for performances.

That is the reality as the players did give their all and played well in general and if the opposition had been other than Newcastle then the present abuse being directed at players and management would not be so vitriolic.

Credit where credit is due it was a superb strike from Taylor and Collocini played very well, but apart from that I have to say that is the worst Newcastle team I have seen for a long time. They should have had a penalty on the Larson handball but Richardson also had a shout and Cabaye should have had a straight red for his studs up tackle on Bardsley.

I also watched them play against Arsenal and they were totally outplayed there also.

They have all the hallmarks of a relegation side and while we completely outplayed Blackpool last season they also stole the points but were relegated.

It hurts because expectation was much higher given our summer spending spree but that spree also give us strength in depth for when inuries and suspensions take their inevitable toll. I am confident we will finish a full 15 points ahead of Newcastle this season and remember it is a marathon not a sprint.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.ph...0#ixzz1VkzXFxb6

I think Alex mentioned, or someone did Jonny might have that the green has been proper dry lately, I've had none for about 2 month, but reading this post I think if that's the status quo, clearly Wearside doesn't have the same problem!! Fucking hell :lol:

We battered them

After drinking myself into a stupor to try to forget the result, I am now coming out of my fog of depression and have replayed the match back again to confirm my original thoughts.

We completely outplayed them for most of the game and they were lucky to string three passes together. Admittedly once they scored they grew in confidence and it was more even, but even then they never looked like scoring from open play until we were desperately chasing the game towards the end.

Had the score been one nil to us the attitude on this board would have been completely different with scores of 8 9 and 10 for performances.

That is the reality as the players did give their all and played well in general and if the opposition had been other than Newcastle then the present abuse being directed at players and management would not be so vitriolic.

Credit where credit is due it was a superb strike from Taylor and Collocini played very well, but apart from that I have to say that is the worst Newcastle team I have seen for a long time. They should have had a penalty on the Larson handball but Richardson also had a shout and Cabaye should have had a straight red for his studs up tackle on Bardsley.

I also watched them play against Arsenal and they were totally outplayed there also.

They have all the hallmarks of a relegation side and while we completely outplayed Blackpool last season they also stole the points but were relegated.

It hurts because expectation was much higher given our summer spending spree but that spree also give us strength in depth for when inuries and suspensions take their inevitable toll. I am confident we will finish a full 15 points ahead of Newcastle this season and remember it is a marathon not a sprint.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.ph...0#ixzz1VkzXFxb6

I think Alex mentioned, or someone did Jonny might have that the green has been proper dry lately, I've had none for about 2 month, but reading this post I think if that's the status quo, clearly Wearside doesn't have the same problem!! Fucking hell :lol:

:razz::nufc::icon_lol:

I am confident we will finish a full 15 points ahead of Newcastle this season and remember it is a marathon not a sprint.

:lol:

So there's going to be a 14 point shift in their direction? Right oh - are they forgetting how lucky they were to even finish a point ahead last season?

If results had gone fairly they would be on 0 points with a nasty goal difference - only luck has saved them from severe humiliation in both their games.

It may also be worth mentioning they didn't finish 15 points ahead of anyone last season. :lol:

(the closest was West Ham who they were 14 points ahead of - who finished bottom by 6 points)

Regarding the handball incident: Did Webb consult the other linesman? After all, with it being a corner he would have been stood on the half way line with a completely different view from the ref and the linesman he did consult. The half way line is hardly a long way away to see a 'clear' handball. I haven't seen the incident like, just wondrin'.

See the rivalry with the mackems. I think in terms of depth of hatred it's worse now then it's ever been. I think they hate us more than we hate them, it's as much pity as dislike from our side, I don't like the cunts at all collectively they are a joke peoples. We've all heard the tales from OC's how they knew people who'd go there one week on SJP the next in the 40's and 50's, can't even comprehend that to be honest. I think if you look at 1985 when we "took" the Fulwell End, 2000 toon fans in there and not one punch thrown by a mackem, look at the footage on youtube. These days you hear of stabbings and the Shields Ferry landing incident summed up the feeling these days. We were even banned from each others grounds in 1996/97, but I think two things happened which heightened it football wise. The Gillingham game in 87 where 500 toon went in the away end to celebrate their relegation to Division 3, and also the play off defeat here, which none of us will ever forget. Politically there's always been a hatred between mackems and geordies, but the reason I'm writing this is what emphasised to me how bad it's got in the last 30 years was, someones just pointed out to me we played the mackems twice in August 1981, in FRIENDLIES. One doon there and one up here. Imagine that now, anyway I prefer the angry rivalry that exists now because they're mugs.

If you're a mackem under the age of 30. You've basically had one opportunity to see a Sunderland victory against Newcastle. If you weren't at the 2-1, you would've been under 8 years of age for the play off game, and only 750 of them were at the first 2-1, and 3000 at the second. Say there's 100,000 Sunderland fans under the age of 30, a reasonable figure I'd say, probably 85,000 of them have NEVER seen Sunderland beat Newcastle in the flesh. Shouldn't laugh but :lol::razz:

article118372800028b700.jpg

I went to school with him. Lived in Wallsend all his life, and lived 3 doors down from me. This photo was put up in the changing rooms at school for years.

He still gets it brought up to this day, the poor cunt.

:lol: quality tale.

One thing that struck me about Ba when he came on on Saturday was how much he looks like Bubba off Forrest Gump. He narf does. I'd like to see Pards go back to 4 4 2 on Saturday though, and attack Fulham we can beat them, if we do it's probably our best start to a Premiership season for ten years.

1995 - 9 points from the first 3 games.

Never managed more than 6 since.

Stat-tacular.

Was reading last night that it's the first time since 1990/91 that we've kept a clean sheet in the opening two games.

I wouldn't care but they won three games towards the end of last season in order to finish above us (something they were all buzzing about).

.... and you don't see us appearing outside their ground with a banner, do you?

article118372800028b700.jpg

I went to school with him. Lived in Wallsend all his life, and lived 3 doors down from me. This photo was put up in the changing rooms at school for years.

He still gets it brought up to this day, the poor cunt.

:lol: quality tale.

One thing that struck me about Ba when he came on on Saturday was how much he looks like Bubba off Forrest Gump. He narf does. I'd like to see Pards go back to 4 4 2 on Saturday though, and attack Fulham we can beat them, if we do it's probably our best start to a Premiership season for ten years.

1995 - 9 points from the first 3 games.

Never managed more than 6 since.

Stat-tacular.

Was reading last night that it's the first time since 1990/91 that we've kept a clean sheet in the opening two games.

Hope that's not an omen, because THAT was THE worst season I've ever had as a Newcastle fan, in fact I reckon it's the worst season in our history. Fucking hidings at home off Bristol Rovers and Notts County are still all to fresh in the memory.