Sunderland 0 Newcastle United 1

snakehips

Good laugh on RTG, asking questions like:

They just don't seem capable of comprehensively beating them and I can't work out why. This is obviously why I'm not a football manager.

Is it the small-time mentality? I used to think it was, but those players out there know they are better than them ...they just can't do it?

I have no answers.

Shall i help the mackems out. One of the reason is because they are so bitter, sad and obsessed with us that their lives revolve around it and funilly enough, their players kind of pick up on the whole shit or bust feeling for the game, lose and its the devestation for the obsessed pricks and so under that pressure they shit themselves and we turn them over. Whereas with us, our players understand its our biggest game and we want to see some fight and aggression, and you'd better be up for it and compete, but that's it, we aren't defined by a hatred and obsession with another club like they are, and we never will be and they know it!

that's about the size of it. Of course, if any of them are looking at this now - :D - they will deny it and go off on a string of FTM's and 2-1's in reply.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be fooled into thinking Ryan Taylor is anything other than a liability. Just because he scored, doesn't mean he had a good game. He continually plays little passes to get himself out of trouble but immediately puts a team mate in the shit. He's an accident waiting to happen.

exactly.

Good laugh on RTG, asking questions like:

They just don't seem capable of comprehensively beating them and I can't work out why. This is obviously why I'm not a football manager.

Is it the small-time mentality? I used to think it was, but those players out there know they are better than them ...they just can't do it?

I have no answers.

Shall i help the mackems out. One of the reason is because they are so bitter, sad and obsessed with us that their lives revolve around it and funilly enough, their players kind of pick up on the whole shit or bust feeling for the game, lose and its the devestation for the obsessed pricks and so under that pressure they shit themselves and we turn them over. Whereas with us, our players understand its our biggest game and we want to see some fight and aggression, and you'd better be up for it and compete, but that's it, we aren't defined by a hatred and obsession with another club like they are, and we never will be and they know it!

that's about the size of it. Of course, if any of them are looking at this now - :D - they will deny it and go off with a bang.

Fixed

They need a proper striker. Gyan isn't doing it at the moment and I doubt he'd score enough for them to rely on him even if he was playing well.

What they don't need is an 18 year old from a lower league or an unknown South Korean guy.

Basically they could do with a player like Bent.

Gyan is good, he may not be doing it at the moment, but everybody has a lean patch. Their problem is that they have brought in a few too many journeymen players. As said in the thread where people stupidly mocked the sale of Jordan Henderson and Liverpool's ambition and spending, bringing in players like Wes Brown and John O'Shea only emphasise and consolidate their place as a nothing team going nowhere. Much like they advocate we do the same thing with the money from selling our best players - although in our case, we aren't seeing the money at all.

And Lee Cattermole - been said before I know, but I have seen hard, tough players in my time, a lot of people like me go back to players like Norman Hunter, Tommy Smith etc and our own John McNamee who were hard, and yes they roughed others up and took it and dished it out, but Lee Cattermole.

He's just an arsehole. Pure and simple. He does it all the time, he doesn't "tackle", he just deliberately takes players out as cynically as possible.

And Colocinni is indeed very lucky not to have had his leg broken by Bardsley, should have been a straight red.

Its really about time suspensions were dished out according to merit for things like this. Such things should start with a 6 game ban at least.

And Lee Cattermole - been said before I know, but I have seen hard, tough players in my time, a lot of people like me go back to players like Norman Hunter, Tommy Smith etc and our own John McNamee who were hard, and yes they roughed others up and took it and dished it out, but Lee Cattermole.

He's just an arsehole. Pure and simple. He does it all the time, he doesn't "tackle", he just deliberately takes players out as cynically as possible.

And Colocinni is indeed very lucky not to have had his leg broken by Bardsley, should have been a straight red.

Its really about time suspensions were dished out according to merit for things like this. Such things should start with a 6 game ban at least.

Bardsley's should've been a straight red, Cattermole should been booked about 4 times and Larsson should've been sent off and we should've had a penalty. No doubt they'll be kidding themselves they were unlucky though.

Not disagreeing but it would surely be down to conjecture and inevitable 'consistency' issues ?

What I hate about pricks like Cattermole is 'fans' of his ilk of player laud his assaults when there really isn't much of a player behind the 'hardman' charade .

The game's moved on so much that tossers like CATTS just stand out as deficient idiots all the more.

I agree Leazes. An expert panel could decide what was the appropriate ban depending on the severity of the tackle, injury and level of intent inferred. If a player's leg is broken by a deliberately reckless challenge like De Jong's on Ben Arfa, the perpetrator could be banned for as long as it takes for the player to return from injury.

I agree Leazes. An expert panel could decide what was the appropriate ban depending on the severity of the tackle, injury and level of intent inferred. If a player's leg is broken by a deliberately reckless challenge like De Jong's on Ben Arfa, the perpetrator could be banned for as long as it takes for the player to return from injury.

I don't necessarily disagree with the method, but in reality don't people think it'll be even less fairly (ie consistently) applied for the 'big' clubs vs the rest than the referees on-the-spot decisions currently are? I know I'd get sick of seeing the FA backing down every time Taggart dictated the panel's verdict to them in advance. It's bad enough he currently gets to choose who refs matches at OT tbh.

Great scenes at the end yesterday, all the players and coaching staff came out to celebrate on the pitch with the fans. All the players threw their shirts into the crowd, which is a bit corny but who can blame them?..wins like that may be the summit of the likes of Shola and Ryan Taylor's careers. Didn't see Harper with the rest of the squad on the pitch, but I could be wrong. He may have been feeling a bit left out, poor fucker.

They twatted us first half really but with 11 players on the pitch when it shouldve been 10. Webb got all the big decisons wrong yesterday. Cattatwatt and Bardsley shouldve been straight reds.

From todays Observer:

23: the number of clean sheets Sunderland have failed to keep in their last 23 meetings with Newcastle in all competitions

14: Sunderland have won just one of their last 14 premier league games against their derby rivals

10: The big-spending black cats have signed 10 players this summer for a total of £30 million while Newcastle have recruited five for the sum of £7.5 million.

23: the number of clean sheets Sunderland have failed to keep in their last 23 meetings with Newcastle in all competitions

23 is also the number of Shola Amoebi - coincidence? I think not. :D

23 is also the number of Shola Amoebi - coincidence? I think not. :D

That is indeed a sign that Shola is all seeing and omnipitant.....a new god for the 21st century...we should exhalt him :rolleyes:

pity he tried to header that chance in the first half yesterday, the great usless long legged shiteheap :D

If a player's leg is broken by a deliberately reckless challenge like De Jong's on Ben Arfa, the perpetrator could be banned for as long as it takes for the player to return from injury.

even if its an accident? what about someone like buust who had to retire? would irwin retire too?

sometimes accidents do happen

Pinched from a mate on FB

"After a summer of team rebuilding, Manager Steve Bruce was asked yesterday how far he was from a good side?...........

..........."about 14 miles " was his reply!"

I thought Cabaye was brilliant me, I'd have given him motm. Tiote and Raylor were absolutely shite first half but were the polar opposite in the second. I think Sunderland are a reasonable team they certainly started better, and they might beat your Arsenal's and Tottenham's, but I guarantee they'll struggle against the likes of Stoke and Wolves because they are very easily bullied, and their repsonse usually comes from that cunt Cattermole, who is a total liability.

Yet another win against them though, I said this this morning, I think I'm happier about this result than any derby ever, purely because of the fact no one thought we'd win, myself included, and we are strong and resolute at the back. Krul's had 3 decent saves to make this season, and it all points to the fact that feeble clown Williamson is out of the side.

Anyway happy days the next five games are not as tough on paper as the first two, we can really do something early doors, like genuinely. :D

Edited by McFaul

I thought Cabaye was brilliant me, I'd have given him motm. Tiote and Raylor were absolutely shite first half but were the polar opposite in the second. I think Sunderland are a reasonable team they certainly started better, and they might beat your Arsenal's and Tottenham's, but I guarantee they'll struggle against the likes of Stoke and Wolves because they are very easily bullied, and their repsonse usually comes from that cunt Cattermole, who is a total liability.

Yet another win against them though, I said this this morning, I think I'm happier about this result than any derby ever, purely because of the fact no one thought we'd win, myself included, and we are strong and resolute at the back. Krul's had 3 decent saves to make this season, and it all points to the fact that feeble clown Williamson is out of the side.

Anyway happy days the next five games are not as tough on paper as the first two, we can really do something early doors, like genuinely. :D

A fear ran down my spine as Williamson came on.

Cabaye could be the find of this season.