Sunderland 0 Newcastle United 1

snakehips

Oh and I forgot to mention, where it's a midday kick off in the village of the damned, it's a perfect time for the pub 9pm here :lol:

If you want, I'll phone you up and tell you result so you can get a bet on before it kicks off down your way.

:icon_lol:

Mmm, never bet against my team (and no I'm not a mackem twat before anyone think of being a smart arse!)

btw that would be okay if I lived in the states, them being behind England and all that :lol:

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shola Ameobi will be given the opportunity to add to his Tyne-Wear derby goal tally on Saturday as Newcastle travel to the Stadium of Light.

The big striker has six goals to his name against Sunderland since making his Magpies debut almost 11 years ago - including a double in the 5-1 thrashing at St. James' Park last October.

And for United boss Alan Pardew he will be a key player this weekend.

"Shola has been here a long time, he's lived in the area, and the passion from the fans which can get into the players cannot be underestimated," explained Pardew.

"Everywhere you go you get reminded, and Shola has had that for a number of years.

"So he knows this is a massive game for the Club and he probably gets himself up as high as he would for a cup final.

"That bodes well, and he will start on Saturday, I make no bones about that. He will be in the starting line-up."

I know Pardew spiels alot of poopy, but looks like he's 100% gonna start Shola on saturday

May God have mercy on Wes Brown's soul, he's gonna get ripped a new one

Shola Ameobi will be given the opportunity to add to his Tyne-Wear derby goal tally on Saturday as Newcastle travel to the Stadium of Light.

The big striker has six goals to his name against Sunderland since making his Magpies debut almost 11 years ago - including a double in the 5-1 thrashing at St. James' Park last October.

And for United boss Alan Pardew he will be a key player this weekend.

"Shola has been here a long time, he's lived in the area, and the passion from the fans which can get into the players cannot be underestimated," explained Pardew.

"Everywhere you go you get reminded, and Shola has had that for a number of years.

"So he knows this is a massive game for the Club and he probably gets himself up as high as he would for a cup final.

"That bodes well, and he will start on Saturday, I make no bones about that. He will be in the starting line-up."

I know Pardew spiels alot of poopy, but looks like he's 100% gonna start Shola on saturday

May God have mercy on Wes Brown's soul, he's gonna get ripped a new one

I do agree that it is very important for the players to understand what to expect at the village of the damned, and Shola does know what it's all about. However, this is one humungous get-out-of-jail-free card for Parsnip in respect of not having a new striker in to play.

Mmm, never bet against my team (and no I'm not a mackem twat before anyone think of being a smart arse!)

btw that would be okay if I lived in the states, them being behind England and all that :lol:

Depends wot state yer in bonny lad.

Noon kick-off in Blunderland is 4 o'clock in the fucking morning in California. :lol:

Depends wot state yer in bonny lad.

Noon kick-off in Blunderland is 4 o'clock in the fucking morning in California. :icon_lol:

6am for me. Far to early to be having a beer. I'm central time and all the listings are Eastern nearly got caught out on saturday for the Arsenal game. :lol:

Got my stomach churning watching that. If only you knew the score at the start of derby week you could flipping enjoy it.

Its my wedding anniversary on Saturday and the wifes going really overboard about how good my present is going to be off her. Now of course this could just be a ploy to ensure her present is impressive, however I just have this niggling feeling that she has managed to get me a ticket for this.

Now dont get me wrong, a ticket to the derby is a wonderful thing, but I've always disliked going to the away ones. At St James you are mainly with your own and their fans are a small section so that if all goes wrong you can try and ignore them and get quickly out of the ground to drown your sorrows while they are locked in.

The thought of being trapped in their stadium to witness a defeat makes me feel physically sick. Im the sort who usually goes for a walk when the penalty shoot outs are on because I cant bear to watch.

As I said at the beginning, stomach churning.

:lol:

Couldnt get tickets for town end and ended up in the Clock Stand Paddocks for that game. Remember some other town kids in there near us who were hammered booed the Makems when ran out :lol: n got shifted as they started to hone in on them with spit flying.

Vividly remember one greasy little older bloke in some black biker jacket, with tasstles may I add, shouting out 'I see Jackie's dead' at them as taken out. (refering to milburns death) The spite on the little tramp's face, and the barrel scraping nature of it sums them up. Bitter to the core. Bad dressers too.

Thinking back, should've dug the biker-jacketed stinker to get shifted but was only 3 of us at time and wouldnt have done too well in there. Hey ho. I'd swap the 'bite of those days for today's sanitised shite anyday.

Sunderland v Newcastle (1200 BST)

Both teams had good results last week, in different circumstances.

Sunderland looked dead and buried in the first half at Anfield before improving to earn a point but, when you make a lot of signings like they have done, you are always going to take a while to bed in.

Newcastle's draw with Arsenal was overshadowed by what Joey Barton got up to - now there's a shock. What is daft about all the attention Barton gets himself is that underneath all that he is a good footballer, and I wish he would concentrate on that.

I am going to go for another draw here too. You would expect plenty of passion and tackling in a Tyne-Wear derby, but I think they might cancel each other out.

Prediction: 1-1

I hate to say it but I think we'll get turned over.

It'll be the cue for a bit of panic buying. I'd say at least two more frenchmen and a french speaking african.

Newcastle these days is like doing a full shop at Netto.

There's so much negativity I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm sick of the transfer bullshit. They want a lot of money for the players they sell and they are surprised when another club asks them to cough up.

All we've seen in the last few weeks is complete failure - Mark Douglas says if the club were to have coughed up an extra million or so during original negotiations we would have had Maiga, Peiters & Erdinc without a problem but they are penny pinching.

It also makes Pardew look like a tit, ''They knows we's in for a left back, they'z tayking advantage, we'z got to be diligent'' has now ''If Jose goes we have some money put aside and a contingency plan''

So how much money must that be set aside for Enrique now given the £6m from Liverpool and the money already set aside? Anyway I digress, I'm no more worried for this derby than any other - they freeze when they play us and it's been the same for years - a NUFC team with bottle can beat them, they have no pace and their defence is gash.

Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now, Get your sea-zun tickeets now