Newcastle Vrs Spurs

KeithJ

Krul is a top class 'keeper.

Staylor seems prone to some annoying losses in concentration and the sooner we get Santon in for Raylor the better. As much as I hate Shola for his lack of effort, his goal today was canny.

But a very positive performance. Ben Arfa is still finding his feet but looks good. He actually plays like someone on Fifa with all the fake shots, quick turns and whatever. At full strength we do have a very exciting team.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Forgot to mention, but what a finish by Shola! Absolute top shelf, could not have been placed better. Canny little pass from Raylor who would have capped a solid game if his defense for the Defoe goal wasn't laughably poor.

Like I said before if we keep this up there's no reason why we can't be the "best of the rest" (ie outside the obvious 6) which would be a pretty decent improvement on where we've been for a long time now. Early days still of course.

Obertan wasn't good, he makes the wrong decision in possession every time. If he was even moderately effective he would have produced something with the amount of possession he had today. That's what good players do, like Jonas.

Terrific result though and Shola's goal was a beauty.

Also Chez I owe £40 to a charity of your choice (if you're not happy with WHO). Santon obviously a massive step up from Simpson in possession without doing much.

BBC football pundit Pat Nevin at St James' Park on BBC Radio 5 live:"Newcastle showed spirit to come back from the dead twice. In the last five minutes only one team wanted to win this game. Look around us now, it finished 2-2, and every Newcastle fan is on their feet. They know they've got a team here, and with a little bit more quality they could be extra special."1800: What have we learned from that? Firstly that there is substance to Newcastle's side this season, and a lot of spirit too. They remain unbeaten and remain fourth, two places and three points above Tottenham.

I'm over the fucking moon with that performance and slightly pissed.

Thought Tiote was absolutely class for large periods of the game. Obertan shouldn't and surely won't stay in the team much longer. What a goal by Shola. I was watching in the same place as a bunch of spurs fans who took the piss when he came on. They soon piped down. HTL

Really enjoyed today. Very tactical game especially in 1st half.

Collo was utter immense today - MOTM without a shadow of a doubt.

Santon -even though was only on for a few mins looks a class act - you could feel his confidence.

Ben Arfa - gave the ball away a few times - needs to get his head up a bit more.

Shola - hats of to you - amazing strike.

All in all - happy with the draw - even though we so nearly won it at the end.

Coming back twice against a potential CL side is good going and shows we have something about us. Though Colo was class and lead from the back, Tiote put in a great shift and Jonas worked hard and set one up. Obertan is the weak link though, offers little, seems to lack the brains to take the right option and doesnt work hard enough. Marveaux looks quality when he plays and has to start on the right wing now.

Ben Arfa and even more so Shola changed the game for us, both wanted the ball, moved it round nicely and upped the tempo and its time for Ben Arfa to start against Wigan, as well as Santon who in his brief appearance did nothing worng at all and has to be better than either of oir fullbacks.

So very good effort today, deserved point but time for Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon to take over in the team for me.

the sooner we get Santon in for Raylor the better.

Rayor for me had a decent game. I think Pardew got it right in swapping Simpson for Santon and imo that's the way to go. Rayor adds far more to the team than Simpson.

Coming back twice against a potential CL side is good going and shows we have something about us. Though Colo was class and lead from the back, Tiote put in a great shift and Jonas worked hard and set one up. Obertan is the weak link though, offers little, seems to lack the brains to take the right option and doesnt work hard enough. Marveaux looks quality when he plays and has to start on the right wing now.

Ben Arfa and even more so Shola changed the game for us, both wanted the ball, moved it round nicely and upped the tempo and its time for Ben Arfa to start against Wigan, as well as Santon who in his brief appearance did nothing worng at all and has to be better than either of oir fullbacks.

So very good effort today, deserved point but time for Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon to take over in the team for me.

Agree with all of that.

It was noticebale how much smoother the passing became when we got a couple of footballers on the park.

Might be harsh but I think we start with 9 men when Obertan and Best play.

Then again when Shola came on I thought how much they would be laughing at us so what do I know.

Agree we should try Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon against Wigan.

The other thing is Barfa is a confidence player of sorts, not sure how he'll take to sitting on the bench much longer. Pards needs to wake upto this.

Because of the long term injury i think he'll be fine for a while yet, but at the end of the day he nows he is better tha players keeping him out and he'll be desperate to get in there and show it and i think Wigan is the perfect chance to start him and Marveaux plus Santon and if Ben Arfa tires second half he can be subbed but will have got alot more time in his legs than 20 minute cameos.

I reckon we should try Santon as either 'Keeper or lone Striker next game

I mean, I know hes a fullback but what could be the harm? Or perhaps we should just play him in the position he actually wants to play and use our other players to fill the others

yea tic tac ya right there some sites are saying we will finish in top 10 but lets not get to carried away

What? We would have been top 10 last season were it not for a collapse in the last few minutes against West Brom.

Top 6 however is a different matter. On current form - absolutely, we're well placed for it. On current form.

What I wonder is how we'll cope after a loss, a few injuries/suspensions, and with the next 6 games.

8 matches is still a significant amount, and I'm delighted, but no-one should get carried away.

Right decision by Pardew to take Simpson off. Hes nowhere near good enough in possession. Raylor on the other hand was like a man possessed. Fair play to him-I give him enough stick when he's shit.

It's not just harsh it's completely stupid.

A winger who never beats a man, constantly give the ball away, never puts a cross in and doesn't do any work and a championship striker.

The only reason I put it was harsh is that Best tries - whoopy fucking do - he's shit.

We have better players.

I

It's not just harsh it's completely stupid.

A winger who never beats a man, constantly give the ball away, never puts a cross in and doesn't do any work and a championship striker.

The only reason I put it was harsh is that Best tries - whoopy fucking do - he's shit.

We have better players.

I

I'm not going to entertain that, some people are best left unhappy!

We have better players.

An unfair comment that can only be based on his very slow start at the club. He's scored and set up a decent amount of goals. And no, if we're playing 2 strikers up front we don't have better players.

It's (your original post) also a completely stupid comment because it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Are you saying they're anonymous? Invisible?

Edited by Tecato

We have better players.

An unfair comment that can only be based on his very slow start at the club. He's scored and set up a decent amount of goals. And no, if we're playing 2 strikers up front we don't have better players.

It's (your original post) also a completely stupid comment because it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Are you saying they're anonymous? Invisible?

Obertan offers nothing except breaking down moves.

Best can't trap a ball, wins very few headers and gives the ball away.

When players contribute as little as they do I think they are pointless - if it comes down to defending them as simply bodies on the pitch then thing are bad.

As for playing two strikers I've been saying since May we needed wholesale changes as those left at the club were all shit. Ba is starting to look the bargain we hoped but given the qualities of the rest I wouldn't bother with two - I'd play Ben Arfa.