Newcastle Vrs Spurs

KeithJ

I'd like to think team positive gained a few more members yesterday. Selling Christmas Tree to NO for £35 on the last day of the transfer window looked pretty foolish at the time as we were already light up front. However, i think most will agree, we arent really missing him, his performances elsewhere have been pretty uninspiring and we've moved on.

;)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't believe shola was even on the bench let alone coming on the pitch, but what a performance, I thought everything he did was quality. When he wound that left boot up I thought "you prick that's never going in, get it across the box man" what a finish. Some people were banging on about defoe, but shola made a bigger impact in less time on the field. Thought it was a solid performance overall, obertan was weak and I'd drop Simpson before raylor and shift raylor to right back. Santon looked class, Ben arfa glimpses but still a bit off the pace, still good to see him out there, surely its time for marveaux in place of squidward. As I bring my ranting to a close, thought Tiote wanted that point more than anyone on the park. Great performance, still buzzing!

I couldn't believe shola was even on the bench let alone coming on the pitch, but what a performance, I thought everything he did was quality. When he wound that left boot up I thought "you prick that's never going in, get it across the box man" what a finish. Some people were banging on about defoe, but shola made a bigger impact in less time on the field. Thought it was a solid performance overall, obertan was weak and I'd drop Simpson before raylor and shift raylor to right back. Santon looked class, Ben arfa glimpses but still a bit off the pace, still good to see him out there, surely its time for marveaux in place of squidward. As I bring my ranting to a close, thought Tiote wanted that point more than anyone on the park. Great performance, still buzzing!

Aye :lol: "what's e deein????? divvint shoot man ye fu geddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddiiiiiinn :D:D:D:D:D:D"

I love it when Shola does well. Dunno why really, but there's something likeable about him, and it's just extra mint when it's him that does the business.

I agree, I've never met him but he comes across as a lovely lovely bloke, it's just his lazyness that does my head in, and I know he's got more ability than 90% of Premiership footballers, he just can't be arsed some of the time. I like him doing well though. Best looked depressed yesterday by the way.

Aye :lol: "what's e deein????? divvint shoot man ye fu geddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddiiiiiinn :D:D:D:D:D:D"

Similar to the one Martins scored against Spurs away. What's he fucking...gettin! :lol:

I went "GO ON, SHOLA" as he turned into space. Cool celebration as well. I thought Coloccini was our MOTM like; I know he's not typically the "tackler" but he was putting some immense ones in yesterday and breaking up their play around the box really well. Some lovely little passes from Cabaye but he was largely missing whereas Tiote put his best shift in for some time. I love that Santon's first touch in NUFC colours was a backheel as well :lol: I think he's going to be alreet.

Similar to the one Martins scored against Spurs away. What's he fucking...gettin! :lol:

Had to laugh when the crowd were shouting for Tiote to shoot, so he did, and it trickled across the by-line... barely. Think both these go to show, the crowd can know fuck all a lot of the time :D

I'd just like to echo what everyone's said about Ameobi. Yesterday he was at the very top of the game - and we've seen him do that before. But sadly we're just all too used to the completely different Shola who lumbers around, loses the ball easily, doesn't put in a good shift to win it back...

As someone mentioned, Ameobi always tends to fade as the game goes on. Maybe he could be a decent player to bring on (certainly if he plays like that) for Best, who I still think has potential, even if at times his footballing intelligence falls woefully short - far too many times yesterday he was way off the wavelength of Cabaye and co. Best is always a goal threat and a good team player.

With regards to Ben Arfa, he's going to add that extra bit of quality that the team needs. He'll be able to link up the play with the midfield and run from deep in support of Ba. Yesterday I thought he tried a bit too hard to show how good he was - the match was, after all, set up for him to be the hero. But he's clearly a player of immense quality and I'd love to see him and Santon given the opportunity to bed in against Wigan.

Ben Arfa will be class for us, but he is a little off the pace at the moment which is understandable considering the injury he is coming back from, I think a couple more games on the bench (obviously coming on to get more minutes on the pitch under his belt) is the best for him and the team at the moment.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a full blown cunt, but I felt so angry I wanted to punch someone at 1-2 down. I honest to go fucking haaaaaaaaaaate them. They are such mugs, they're not proper football fans like Newcastle, Leeds and Man Utd are, tarquin mugs like Danny B many of them and this sums it up.... little teams we used to beat them 6 and 7-1 every other season, they are a nothing club and that comment is bourne out of insecurity that you look down our noses at them as a support and a club. They'll go back to their natural level of 11-14th when Harry fucks off to England.

Re: ** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v. Newcastle United **

icon_topic_latest.gifby scaramanga » 16/10/2011, 17:56

Can't consider that anything other than 2 points dropped against one of the little teams we should beat every time.

franciscoscaramanga3845.jpg

scaramanga Site Admin

mod.gifPosts: 1608 Joined: 19/11/2010, 15:54

Im in Portugal atm, so I found a sports pub and walked in when there was about 20 min left of the scum game. 2 people were sitting in the back. Then the game starts, and the pub is absolutely packed and everyone is rooting for newcastle (there was 1 cunt who went YES when tottenham scored). Quite interesting considering we aren't supposedly a "big club" anymore.

Anyway, really thought we played well against one of the better teams in the league. I think Tottenham is the favourite to get 4th this year, no matter how overrated Bale is. I thought we'd get overrun in the middle, but mostly Tiote destroyed them, even if Cabaye was a bit invisible. Think Tiote was better than he's been for a long time yesterday, did he misplace a pass?

I couldnt believe it when he took Ba off for Shola, but it worked. Black superman. :)

Also think Raylor deserves to be on the pitch rather than Simpson against Wigan, if he decides to play Santon (which he should).

Really hoping we get to see Ben Arfa behind Ba soon, i think Ba is a clever enough player to work very well together with Ben Arfa.

Edited by nortoon

Immense game yesterday, one of the most entertaining to watch in a while. It's mostly been done to death on this board (I'm late to the party :blush:) but the weakness of our right flank compared to the left really suggests that Santon should come into the team for Simpson, who is never a Premier League player. Perhaps Santon's ability would bring something out of Obertan, who has been turboshit throughout, but who shouldn't quite be written off yet.

I thought Ben Arfa could've done with passing a bit more but that sharpness and vision will return with time. He's just come back into the team, is training with new people and needs match fitness. I think the obvious move, and what all the fans are hoping for, is to replace Best with Ben Arfa against Wigan this Saturday. Destroying a softer team like Wigan could really infuse Ben Arfa with confidence and make him into a key player.