Newcastle United vs Everton match thread

Monroe Transfer

They are too good individually for us to park the bus. Every single one of their attacking players are capable of going past a couple of ours. Its basically a carte blanche to "do something creative". Im sure quite a few in their line-up wont mind being asked...

We have so far gotten by due to the inefficiency of the other teams... Im not sure City will squander their chances the same way...

I think we need to bring the game to them.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start Alan Smith, Let him go in two-footed when Silva and De Jong are standing next to eachother. Catch both players' nuts. 1 revenge-tackle and 1 taking out their best player. Then Beat them with a player less on the pitch! :nufc:

Guest CabayeAye

More realistically, bring on Smith in the last minute with the sole aim of ending De Mong's career with a two footed knee high flying kick followed by a flurry of punches to the throat. He'll get a huge ban, but hey, he's expendable and we'd even pay the fine/bail money!

When I was walking out there was two blue dippers saying "ey we desehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhved a point there.", I think he was wrong, they deserved to win, another shabby performance but another win. The midfield exposed just how weak we are in term of the squad, it was like we had no centre midfield in the second half, outplayed, out thought and so very lucky they don't have a good striker. Drenthe surely made a big impression on people in the first half, we need to get this player if we can.

When I was walking out there was two blue dippers saying "ey we desehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhved a point there.", I think he was wrong, they deserved to win, another shabby performance but another win. The midfield exposed just how weak we are in term of the squad, it was like we had no centre midfield in the second half, outplayed, out thought and so very lucky they don't have a good striker. Drenthe surely made a big impression on people in the first half, we need to get this player if we can.

It's a game of two halves though.

We comfortably deserved to win the first.

For all their play in the second haf - didn't their best chances actually happen in the first?

After signing astutely during the summer, Newcastle have defied the negativity which surrounded the club during pre-season to become a seasoned and genuinely competitive outfit. With Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea all to be faced over the next few weeks, by the start of December we will have a clearer picture of how the Magpies’ campaign may pan out. Should they emerge from those fixtures still in the top four, then it may be time to start talking about Newcastle in terms of being real contenders for the Champions League places come the end of the season.

They may not be setting pulses racing in quite the same way as Keegan and his charges did fifteen years ago, but Pardew’s Newcastle have brought their own accomplished style to the division and can be very proud of the start they have made to the campaign. This is a different Newcastle stylistically to the one we have been used to, but they are making things work and proving their worth in the upper reaches of the Premier League.

From the Football Ramble after the Stoke game. I think 3 defeats are on the cards but if as the blog says, we emerge from them in the top 4, would we be contenders for a CL place?

Pardew has been spot on with tactics of late. We played such a different game here than we did at Stoke. If there is any way to tactically nullify the vast amount of talent that City have at their disposal then I wouldn't put it past Pardew to give it a go.

Pardew has been spot on with tactics of late. We played such a different game here than we did at Stoke. If there is any way to tactically nullify the vast amount of talent that City have at their disposal then I wouldn't put it past Pardew to give it a go.

Stop 'em playing. Hoof it up to the big lad. Nick a goal from a set piece.

Well it usually works for Big Sam anyway.

After signing astutely during the summer, Newcastle have defied the negativity which surrounded the club during pre-season to become a seasoned and genuinely competitive outfit. With Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea all to be faced over the next few weeks, by the start of December we will have a clearer picture of how the Magpies’ campaign may pan out. Should they emerge from those fixtures still in the top four, then it may be time to start talking about Newcastle in terms of being real contenders for the Champions League places come the end of the season.

They may not be setting pulses racing in quite the same way as Keegan and his charges did fifteen years ago, but Pardew’s Newcastle have brought their own accomplished style to the division and can be very proud of the start they have made to the campaign. This is a different Newcastle stylistically to the one we have been used to, but they are making things work and proving their worth in the upper reaches of the Premier League.

From the Football Ramble after the Stoke game. I think 3 defeats are on the cards but if as the blog says, we emerge from them in the top 4, would we be contenders for a CL place?

Hard to say really....if we get beat in the next 3 games, but get 9 from 12, or even 7 from 12 say in the next 4 very winnable fixtures then we'd be 5th or 6th at worst. We were top at christmas in 01 but finsihed 4th eventually, with probably a couple less teams with the ability squad wise to catch us. So unlikely iyam, but you never know. We had 22 points at this stage in 01, but am not sure where that had us in the table. We went top at Arsenal on December 18th and stayed there the following week by beating Leeds. Chelsea beat us to knock us off between Christmas and New Year but I think we were top again sometime in January.

Would need Tottenham to basically lose all their games, for that to happen, we'll emerge in fifth place probably.

Think Drenthe would be suited to a free role behind the striker. We could play him there when we sell Ben Arfa ;)

Edited by alex

Chez testing the water with a "Pards", there.

Sat here wearing my 'I'm Hard for Pard' t-shirt.

Fixed.

At least mine rhymes, unlike the gay for Cabaye ones. Better than Parky's Ben Arfa one too.

Daft thing is, it's spelt exactly as it's pronounced.

I think we can come 6th realistically this season. I've got us down for winning 4 of our next 6 games and losing 2.

Now look at Liverpool's fixtures.

a. Chelsea loss

h. Man City loss

a. Fulham draw

h. QPR win

a. Villa loss

a. Wigan draw

If I'm right that would mean we're 13 points above them with 21 games to go. I doubt they have in it in them to claw that back. It's all ifs and buts but they're playing shite, how wonderful would it be to finish above them with Dalglish, Carroll and Enrique?

h.

We really shouldn't be finishing below 7th this season with the points on board we have. If we average a point a game for the rest of the season that gets us 52 points which would be there or thereabouts. (Everton finished 7th with 54).

Be funny after Enrique's comments after he left as well. Fucking hate 'King Kenny' anarl.

Which specific comment? At the time it did look like step up from where we were.

It probably still does as all opinions are we won't maintain this position come the end of the season.

But fuck him he could have gone anywhere, instead he wanted to play for those red cunts - I hope Bellamy wants to play golf on him!

Be funny after Enrique's comments after he left as well. Fucking hate 'King Kenny' anarl.

Which specific comment? At the time it did look like step up from where we were.

Said we'd never finish in the top 6 under Ashley / words to that effect. If we finish above them, then we probably will. Nowt against Jose like, other than he joined that lot.

Weren't you furious with him at the time?