***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

Until an hour ago, Everton were our biggest threat and are still the only team in the league that can take EU football away from us. Chelsea can too if they win the CL. I think beating Chelsea into 5th would be amazing, getting past Spurs into 4th would be insane.

If Chelsea win the CL 4th and 5th get EL, but if Chelsea come 4th or 5th and we come 6th we'd get the EL place anyway, so really it makes no difference.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until an hour ago, Everton were our biggest threat and are still the only team in the league that can take EU football away from us. Chelsea can too if they win the CL. I think beating Chelsea into 5th would be amazing, getting past Spurs into 4th would be insane.

If Chelsea win the CL 4th and 5th get EL, but if Chelsea come 4th or 5th and we come 6th we'd get the EL place anyway, so really it makes no difference.

I dont need it explaining but cheers anyway.

Everton can take EU football away from us if we get less than 4 points from the remaining games and they win all theirs. That would be more insane than us finishing above a team who we are level on points with. The fact is, what we have acheived this season is already insane. FACT

Ok, what's your point? Its not interesting that we are playing Chelsea and Everton?

Arsenal Pts 64 G +25

Wigan (h)

Chelsea (h)

Stoke (a)

Norwich (h)

West Brom (a)

Spurs Pts 59 G +19

QPR (a)

Blackburn (h)

Bolton (a)

Villa (a)

Fulham (h)

Newcastle Pts 59 G +8

Stoke (h)

Wigan (a)

Chelsea (a)

Man City (h)

Everton (a)

Chelsea Pts 57 G +18

Arsenal (a)

QPR (h)

Newcastle (h)

Liverpool (a)

Blackburn (h)

Spurs run in might look easy but its better they play relegation threatened teams, especially away, than the likes of Norwich, Swansea etc who are already safe and don't really have anything to play for.

Everton can take EU football away from us if we get less than 4 points from the remaining games and they win all theirs. That would be more insane than us finishing above a team who we are level on points with. The fact is, what we have acheived this season is already insane. FACT

Ok, what's your point? Its not interesting that we are playing Chelsea and Everton?

You say the 2 sides we are competing with most directly are Everton and Chelsea. I say it's Chelsea and Tottenham, given that we are level on points with them and the chances of Everton catching us are slim to none. Fairly fucking straightforward.

Arsenal have the easiest run, as you say Spurs looks easier than ours on paper but those first 3 are fighting.

We play City the next game after the Manchester derby too. Could be a good or bad thing.

If both team keep winning then Man Utd can win the league by winning at Eastlands, if they do then expect a much easier City side to turn up here.

If they don't then we're in for a tough afternoon with Man Utd playing Swansea after our game.

Are there any posts knocking about where Leazes says we'll never qualify for Europe and that he'll quit the board if we do? I mean I know obviously there are loads of the former, but I've noticed he's also taken to issuing 'quit' wagers re certain disputed outcomes on those evenings when he's had to push his balls back from the pub in a wheelbarrow*. Have any been linked to Euro qualification does anyone know???

* © Gemmill

Well played for this thread Baggio, started in November too.

We are nearly there, 12 points above Everton and 13 above Liverpool with 15 points left to play for.

The best thing about it is we deserve it for the way we've played this season. Fucking fantastic effort from all involved.

Oh fuck! 12 point lead....... Sounds familiar :lol:

Are there any posts knocking about where Leazes says we'll never qualify for Europe and that he'll quit the board if we do? I mean I know obviously there are loads of the former, but I've noticed he's also taken to issuing 'quit' wagers re certain disputed outcomes on those evenings when he's had to push his balls back from the pub in a wheelbarrow*. Have any been linked to Euro qualification does anyone know???

* © Gemmill

haha, nice achievement and a good season, the first in 5 years. Shame you don't answer what I have asked you on numerous occasions concerning the longer term direction of the club, instead being one of the fools who are completely deluded by the short term. Including when I asked you to bet me that we don't match the longer term positions of Spurs, as you appear to agree with those who think we are "doing it like Spurs", or even the old owners for that matter ?

I stand by what I say and have said that you have rubbished for years. The club is an advertising outlet for the Sports Company, which comes first and always will. He will sell players if the club don't make operating profits, ie he will not attempt build on the current situation by keeping the best players, adding quality and backing his manager. Why don't you tell us what you disagree with here instead of rubbishing it ?

If you really want to make daft childish references to me, having supposedly blocked me, then go the whole hog and reply to all my references to yourself. All you are doing is making yourself look an even bigger tit than you are.

How embarrassing you are, and what a shame you have missed all of it through not backing your man by attending games.

FWIW, I will be going to see NUFC play away in europe next season, and unfortunately for you the current season ticket holders and club members will - hopefully - get first priority for tickets.

Edited by LeazesMag

I stand by what I say and have said that you have rubbished for years.

Except for the bits that you can't stand by. Like when you said that NUFC would never qualify for Europe through the league as long as Mike Ashley was here. Or when you predicted earlier on this season that a collapse was in the offing. And plenty other stuff that you've got spectacularly wrong, to the extent that you're now shifting the timeline on all of your predictions to a broad rush "I'll be right eventually"

If anyone could be bothered, and if there was a remote possibility that it might get you to admit just how wrong you've been, we could fill pages and pages on here with all the stuff that you've got wrong. Of course, you could say this of most people on here - no one gets everything right all the time, and intelligent people can accept when things change. But there's neither need nor point in doing it for anyone else, because no one but you is so idiotically steadfast in trying to claim how right you are, and how you've always been right.

You aren't right. You haven't been right. Everybody knows it. And you look an utter shambles of a cunt of a man when you consistently insist that you are.

FWIW, I will be going to see NUFC play away in europe next season, and unfortunately for you the current season ticket holders and club members will - hopefully - get first priority for tickets.

That makes me doubt you've ever been to a European away game - to seriously think tickets are limited or anybody who wants one can't get a ticket for any game is fucking laughable.

It is also shows you think spending a few quid makes you somehow superior to other people - what a fucking wanker.

Edited by NJS

I stand by what I say and have said that you have rubbished for years.

Except for the bits that you can't stand by. Like when you said that NUFC would never qualify for Europe through the league as long as Mike Ashley was here. Or when you predicted earlier on this season that a collapse was in the offing. And plenty other stuff that you've got spectacularly wrong, to the extent that you're now shifting the timeline on all of your predictions to a broad rush "I'll be right eventually"

If anyone could be bothered, and if there was a remote possibility that it might get you to admit just how wrong you've been, we could fill pages and pages on here with all the stuff that you've got wrong. Of course, you could say this of most people on here - no one gets everything right all the time, and intelligent people can accept when things change. But there's neither need nor point in doing it for anyone else, because no one but you is so idiotically steadfast in trying to claim how right you are, and how you've always been right.

You aren't right. You haven't been right. Everybody knows it. And you look an utter shambles of a cunt of a man when you consistently insist that you are.

one swallow doesn't make a summer. Fool. You have had chances to reply to my summary of what I have been saying for nearly 5 years and passed them up.

Why don't you go to games and back your man with your own cash, rather than constantly acting the knowledgeable supporter on here, when you know fuck all ?

That makes me doubt you've ever been to a European away game - to seriously think tickets are limited or anybody who wants one can't get a ticket for any game is fucking laughable.

It is also shows you think spending a few quid makes you somehow superior to other people - what a fucking wanker.

going to games tells its own story. If you seriously think it has no bearing on knowledge of the club and awareness of what it takes to succeed in football, then you are the wanker.

Please explain the difference between booing a team for finishing 5th and wanking yourself to death when they come 5th or 6th years later ?

Making a right twat of yourself here like. Nothing new like, but on a day when Newcastle all but guaranteed European football, this crack is embarrassing.

I'll let time prove who the wanker is. In the meantime, I've enjoyed going to games this season, enjoy it while it lasts - rather than moan on about going bust and ending up as a supermarket :lol: - have you enjoyed going to games this season ?