***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

time for leaesmag to close his account on here. the man's lost all credibility with everyone. i don't think anyone would lose any sleep at all if he did finally fuck off. beyond tedious.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

time for leaesmag to close his account on here. the man's lost all credibility with everyone. i don't think anyone would lose any sleep at all if he did finally fuck off. beyond tedious.

Speak for yourself

He hasn't lost credibility with me, he just takes a longer term view of things thats all.

Whether you agree with him or not he certainly generates plenty of debates and discussions, and a lot of it is interesting discussion. I think the forum would be a lot duller, predictable and tedious without him

Speak for yourself

He hasn't lost credibility with me, he just takes a longer term view of things thats all.

Whether you agree with him or not he certainly generates plenty of debates and discussions, and a lot of it is interesting discussion. I think the forum would be a lot duller, predictable and tedious without him

and the ridiculous thing is, Dr Gloom is actually saying what I've been saying for years too. You couldn't make it up :lol:

Speak for yourself

Yeah, NOW he takes a long term view of things. Now that his short term review has proven to be nonsense. :lol:

Speak for yourself

Yeah, NOW he takes a long term view of things. Now that his short term review has proven to be nonsense. :lol:

first good season in 5 years is "short term" ? :lol:

Especially when it won't last........

Speak for yourself

In relative terms, I thought the last season was canny as well. Point, I've enjoyed the last two (well, three tbf) seasons.

Thing is LM, while you may not feel it, you do come across like you want us to fail just to prove a point.

Out of interest, what do you think will happen next season?

For me, I think we will sell a first team player for >£15M that will piss a few people off. I think we'll see a few misc players leave the club (Lovenkrands, Smith etc). I think we'll sign 3-4 players for under £10M (maybe one at £7M and a few sub £5M). I think the squad will be stronger for it. I reckon we'll be top 7 again but it will be tougher as I think Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea will improve as well. Also think Sunderland will do better under a full season of MON.

and these tags are fucking me off :lol:

You are a joke. The only person on here that doesn't think you're a joke is also a joke.

the jokes on you Scotty boy....one day you will wake up and realise what has been nothing but utter delusion. Please tell me, what is the next step of this "progress" or "plan", and how will it be done ?

The truth is while getting back into europe is good, it should only be the start.

You are a joke. The only person on here that doesn't think you're a joke is also a joke.

the jokes on you Scotty boy....one day you will wake up and realise what has been nothing but utter delusion. Please tell me, what is the next step of this "progress" or "plan", and how will it be done ?

The truth is while getting back into europe is good, it should only be the start.

Next step should surely be to sustain it and not let it be a "one off"? If we get into Europe we need a stronger squad to make another push for it next season. That would be my aim. Repeat this year while also having a bash at the EL.

In relative terms, I thought the last season was canny as well. Point, I've enjoyed the last two (well, three tbf) seasons.

Thing is LM, while you may not feel it, you do come across like you want us to fail just to prove a point.

Out of interest, what do you think will happen next season?

For me, I think we will sell a first team player for >£15M that will piss a few people off. I think we'll see a few misc players leave the club (Lovenkrands, Smith etc). I think we'll sign 3-4 players for under £10M (maybe one at £7M and a few sub £5M). I think the squad will be stronger for it. I reckon we'll be top 7 again but it will be tougher as I think Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea will improve as well. Also think Sunderland will do better under a full season of MON.

and these tags are fucking me off :lol:

This is my point. How will it be "tougher" ? Its the same for everybody. Why don't we do what Spurs and Liverpool do and make it "tougher" for them ? See my post to Gemmill, although as usual it won't get anything like a constructive reply from either him or other forum dummies.

Next step should surely be to sustain it and not let it be a "one off"? If we get into Europe we need a stronger squad to make another push for it next season. That would be my aim. Repeat this year while also having a bash at the EL.

and how do you do that ?

Do you think they will realise this and do it ?

I don't understand people asking for members to be ejected. Bad form.

he's killing the board man. are you not sick of his patter? i've got him on ignore and it's still doing my head in. the place improved tenfold when he fucked off for a couple of weeks.

one good thing about our recent form is he's posting far less than he used to.

It IS only the start you pig ignorant Blend. What you whinging about you cretinous idiot?

It IS only the start you pig ignorant Blend. What you whinging about you cretinous idiot?

:lol:

First good season in more than 5 years if you want to be accurate, though really 2009/10 was a good season after a horrendous one.

Having a long term view is fine, but there's no point in posting on a forum in topics that are more short term in nature. Particularly when the posts draw everyone away from the point of the thread and into a pointless argument with someone who flat out refuses to answer most questions, and moves the goal posts every other time just to maintain his negative position. Even taking a long term view only a moron would champion growth that isn't manageable. Everyone acknowledges the horrible 2008/09 season and some of the shockingly bad moves by the club during and since, however most are lucid enough to acknowledge that since that season we have actually progressed in a meaningful and sustainable manner something which only leazes refuses to admit because it defies his continuing rant.

There should be room for different views on here, even if you dont agree with them.

I dont agree with everything Leazes say, but he does have a few interesting points, some of which I share.

It would be a duller place if most discussions were mostly "aye +1" and "spot on". A bit of disagreement is only a good thing.

Yeah you're right threads about qualifying for Europe are boring if you don't have at least one person saying that it doesn't mean a thing until we do it for five years.

You're only saying that because you're not exactly Mr Popular on here either, let's be fair.

;)

Im not sure how thats relevant ( though you are probably right about me not being popular), all Im saying is that its refreshing with some varied angles as to how us fans percieve the running of the club. These days you get credit for saying everything is fucking mint, while you get slagged off for being a bit more cautious.

Im not fully onboard the ashley project yet, I want to see how the summer pans out first and if he intends to build on this season or cash out.

There should be room for different views on here, even if you dont agree with them.

I dont agree with everything Leazes say, but he does have a few interesting points, some of which I share.

It would be a duller place if most discussions were mostly "aye +1" and "spot on". A bit of disagreement is only a good thing.

I dont agree :razz:

You're only saying that because you're not exactly Mr Popular on here either, let's be fair.

;)

Im not sure how thats relevant ( though you are probably right about me not being popular), all Im saying is that its refreshing with some varied angles as to how us fans percieve the running of the club. These days you get credit for saying everything is fucking mint, while you get slagged off for being a bit more cautious.

Im not fully onboard the ashley project yet, I want to see how the summer pans out first and if he intends to build on this season or cash out.

In reference to LM, this is understatement of the millenia

We should be happy that the club is putting down foundations and going in the right direction, not arguing with someone desperate for us to fail so he can be right on the internet, ignore him.

However just for fun and to lighten the mood, I've seen a few posts lately trying to point score over what people apparently said years ago which could be true, false or just a twisted version of the truth to suit the poster.

So for fun, can someone tell me which forum member famously said this...

20833896.png

Edited by Baggio

I don't understand people asking for members to be ejected. Bad form.

he's killing the board man. are you not sick of his patter? i've got him on ignore and it's still doing my head in. the place improved tenfold when he fucked off for a couple of weeks.

one good thing about our recent form is he's posting far less than he used to.

what a pathetic man you are. You're like a school snitch.

Totally hilarious is that you are actually saying exactly the same views as I have always done regarding the direction and ambitions of the club, yet post what you do when calling for me to be banned.

All you do is moan on. You moaned when we had ambitious directors, and now you moan because you want ambitious directors who keep our best players.

Get a life.

Edited by LeazesMag