***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first good season in 5 years is "short term" ? :lol:

If European qualificiation is your criteria for a decent season then 2 of the 3 seaons before Ashley took over can be defined as shite as well.

You're only saying that because you're not exactly Mr Popular on here either, let's be fair.

;)

Im not sure how thats relevant ( though you are probably right about me not being popular), all Im saying is that its refreshing with some varied angles as to how us fans percieve the running of the club. These days you get credit for saying everything is fucking mint, while you get slagged off for being a bit more cautious.

Im not fully onboard the ashley project yet, I want to see how the summer pans out first and if he intends to build on this season or cash out.

In reference to LM, this is understatement of the millenia

True, but I fail to see how this makes him a cretinous little shit who should die of aids. He is a sceptical middle-aged man who is very negative to ashley, there are probably many like him out there :)

Edited by Lake Bells tits

You are a joke. The only person on here that doesn't think you're a joke is also a joke.

the jokes on you Scotty boy....one day you will wake up and realise what has been nothing but utter delusion. Please tell me, what is the next step of this "progress" or "plan", and how will it be done ?

The truth is while getting back into europe is good, it should only be the start.

Leazes, do you think Shepherd 'planned' us to struggle at the lower end of the table for the last few years too? We'd got found out and were just throwing borrowed money at dubious players hoping to get back to where we were and it didn't work.

I agree with you that S&H's instincts were right at the time (if we'd had Ashley back then we'd have never have got where we did). Ashley's model works better now though. There isn't the money to be borrowed any more.

True, but I fail to see how this makes him a cretinous little shit who should die of aids. He is a sceptical middle-aged man who is very negative to ashley, there are probably many like him out there :)

Whoa whoa, I called him more than a cretinous shit, but WHO said he should die of aids??? Cos it seems like its been insinuated that I did, which I didnt.

He's a Blend though

Very peculiar behaviour remembering forum quotes from years ago like. I struggle to keep up with what Leazes' new catchphrase is.

5 years is a long time. Has it really taken that long for Mike Ashley to give us our first good season ? Do you think he will do what needs to be done to build on it and try to go higher ?

This is what I have always said, along with the club being run for the benefit of Sports Direct, which will always come first. Players will be sold if the club doesn't make an operating profit. It was, and still is, hardly rocket science, yet people have rubbished that for all this time.

I've said this before, and I'm not saying it any more. If we keep ALL our best players, and put 2 [or even 3] new players straight into that team this summer, in keeping with an ambitious club with the 14th biggest revenues in football along with 25m quid from sales burning a hole in the transfer kitty, I will be completely sold on the change of direction that they showed in January, doing what they should always be doing, and look forward to next season with massive hopes and expectations, and admit that I have been wrong. Do YOU or anybody else see this happening ?

Qualifying for europe should be the start, but all this talk of "progress" makes me smile in the same way as people posted years ago that all they needed was a "plan". The fact is, the "plan" has been and always will be to exist in the premiership and promote Sports Direct, making a profit and selling a player if a profit isn't made. The team has done better than they and everybody thought this season, but all it will do is encourage them to think they can carry on as they are, this is the extent of the "plan", and it is now in place. They will not attempt to push on, or do the right things that need to be done to enable them to push further forward.

Sad, but true.

Someone like me wants to see the club succeed and win a trophy or two before I get older. I hope I am wrong, but I'm afraid this is what I see happening, and what I've seen in place for some time now.

I am going to see NUFC play abroad next season, because for different reasons which I am not going to post on here, I didn't do it the last time, myself and my mate are both going to do this while we can, both in terms of getting older and also because neither of us see the club consolidating or improving on what has happened this season.

Edited by LeazesMag

If European qualificiation is your criteria for a decent season then 2 of the 3 seaons before Ashley took over can be defined as shite as well.

this is what makes me laugh. Dismissing over a decade as if it didn't count. Mike Ashley will not take this club into europe as often as the old regime if he owns the club for 50 years, never mind 15.

Edited by LeazesMag

Very peculiar behaviour remembering forum quotes from years ago like. I struggle to keep up with what Leazes' new catchphrase is.

5 years is a long time. Has it really taken that long for Mike Ashley to give us our first good season ? Do you think he will do what needs to be done to build on it and try to go higher ?

This is what I have always said, along with the club being run for the benefit of Sports Direct, which will always come first. Players will be sold if the club doesn't make an operating profit. It was, and still is, hardly rocket science, yet people have rubbished that for all this time.

I've said this before, and I'm not saying it any more. If we keep ALL our best players, and put 2 [or even 3] new players straight into that team this summer, in keeping with an ambitious club with the 14th biggest revenues in football along with 25m quid from sales burning a hole in the transfer kitty, I will be completely sold on the change of direction and look forward to next season with massive hopes and expectations, and admit that I have been wrong. Do YOU or anybody else see this happening ?

Qualifying for europe should be the start, but all this talk of "progress" makes me smile in the same way as people posted years ago that all they needed was a "plan". The fact is, the "plan" has been and always will be to exist in the premiership and promote Sports Direct, making a profit and selling a player if a profit isn't made. The team has done better than they and everybody thought this season, but all it will do is encourage them to think they can carry on as they are, this is the extent of the "plan", and it is now in place. They will not attempt to push on, or do the right things that need to be done to enable them to push further forward.

Sad, but true.

Someone like me wants to see the club succeed and win a trophy or two before I get older. I hope I am wrong, but I'm afraid this is what I see happening, and what I've seen in place for some time now.

I am going to see NUFC play abroad next season, because for different reasons which I didn't do it the last time, myself and my mate are both going to do this while we can, both in terms of getting older and also because neither of us see the club consolidating or improving on what has happened this season.

Hard to disagree with any of that.

As I keep saying, we have sold and bought well this season, no one can argue with that, but its unsustainable in the long term to keep selling your best players and replacing them with lower cost alternatives. You cannot expect to make further progress with this policy, if it was so easy then everyone would be doing it.

If we can keep all our best players and add a further 2 or 3 quality players using the Carroll money I will be satisfied that at last Ashley is showing some ambition.

If we want to capitalise on our good season and make a realistic sustained challenge for Champions League football in the next few years then this is what we need to do. Its what I would expect for a club with our support and potential. If we fail to do this, then this season is as good as it will ever get.

Guest CabayeAye

I'd have said that the century of points in the CCC and the solid mid table return to the PL were both good seasons. This is our third good season on the trot, and more importantly, we stand ready to launch to bigger and better things.

There is no reason why the club can't do well whilst SD turn a profit. A mutually beneficial relationship is the goal, and it's what we are getting at the minute.

I've said this before, and I'm not saying it any more. If we keep ALL our best players, and put 2 [or even 3] new players straight into that team this summer, in keeping with an ambitious club with the 14th biggest revenues in football along with 25m quid from sales burning a hole in the transfer kitty, I will be completely sold on the change of direction and look forward to next season with massive hopes and expectations, and admit that I have been wrong. Do YOU or anybody else see this happening ?

I really don't believe that you are so naíve that you think transfer headline fees are the only incomings or outgoings of clubs. It's like someone HAVING to spend the rest of the months pay on shite on the 29th because they might finish the month with some spare money. I'd much rather see our current transfer policy of slowly but steadily bringing in cheap superstars (Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba, Cisse) than the old one of paying well over the odds for hasbeens or neverweres (Owen, Smith, Duff, Boumsong, Luque). Also, I think we WILL see an improvement in our squad, and unless we see more Carrollesque bids (20m+ for Tioté for example), I don't think we'll lose any of our magnificent seven.

How the hell is 1st in the CCC -> Mid table -> Europe not progress?!?!

Sad, but true.

It would be sad, but it manifestly isn't true!

I would love to see us win a trophy, but unless we have a stupendous run in a cup (which we are now capable of doing), we are outsiders, and will remain so until we get a Geordie Abramovich (I have zero faith in the FFP rules making a difference).

I am going to see NUFC play abroad next season, because for different reasons which I didn't do it the last time, myself and my mate are both going to do this while we can, both in terms of getting older and also because neither of us see the club consolidating or improving on what has happened this season.

I look forward to seeing you at matches. I assume you'll be the one in our crowd cheering when the other team score.

I think it is sad that you still feel this way. I have said many things during my time on these boards, some right, some wrong. If I say something wrong, I hold my hands up and change my stance. I used to think Pardew was shite, and now I'm starting to warm to him due to the evidence provided through our league place. I'd like to think you can do the same and accept that under the FCB, we are looking a damn sight healthier and more competetive both football wise and finacially than we did towards the end of the last boards tenure.

I've said this before, and I'm not saying it any more. If we keep ALL our best players, and put 2 [or even 3] new players straight into that team this summer, in keeping with an ambitious club with the 14th biggest revenues in football along with 25m quid from sales burning a hole in the transfer kitty, I will be completely sold on the change of direction that they showed in January, doing what they should always be doing, and look forward to next season with massive hopes and expectations, and admit that I have been wrong. Do YOU or anybody else see this happening ?

Sad, but true.

I am going to see NUFC play abroad next season, because for different reasons which I am not going to post on here, I didn't do it the last time, myself and my mate are both going to do this while we can, both in terms of getting older and also because neither of us see the club consolidating or improving on what has happened this season.

5 years is a long time. Has it really taken that long for Mike Ashley to give us our first good season ? --- It's taken him that long to sort out your Idol's mess, probably could have done it sooner but he made some mistakes along the way. It would appear that he has now put right most of his own mistakes, and the majority of Shepherds too!

I will be completely sold on the change of direction that they showed in January --- Why do you think they have changed direction in January when they have been on about a five year plan for some time now??

I am going to see NUFC play abroad next season, because for different reasons which I am not going to post on here, I didn't do it the last time --- Wow, I thought you backed the club with your money, and this is what made you an Uber-supporter? I went to Feyenoord, so I guess that means I am completely more knowledgable than you..... chum!

Last season you said that and lo and behold, we're in Europe.

this is what makes me laugh. Dismissing over a decade as if it didn't count. Mike Ashley will not take this club into europe as often as the old regime if he owns the club for 50 years, never mind 15.

NO, he hasnt dismissed anything, he's actually referring to 2 out of the last 3 seasons before Ashley took over, whereas YOU are dismissing them because they dont sit well with you. Blend

Sad, but true.

Hard to disagree with any of that.

As I keep saying, we have sold and bought well this season, no one can argue with that, but its unsustainable in the long term to keep selling your best players and replacing them with lower cost alternatives. You cannot expect to make further progress with this policy, if it was so easy then everyone would be doing it.

If we can keep all our best players and add a further 2 or 3 quality players using the Carroll money I will be satisfied that at last Ashley is showing some ambition.

If we want to capitalise on our good season and make a realistic sustained challenge for Champions League football in the next few years then this is what we need to do. Its what I would expect for a club with our support and potential. If we fail to do this, then this season is as good as it will ever get.

Define "support and potential" brummie mag. Only it wasn't doing Fred any good after the last of the tick money had been spent.

It's a nothing soundbite in the modern game where you're competing with bigger clubs and billionaire playboys. It's Leazes stock in trade quote but it means nowt. All it really is is what you perceive to be the legitimate way of saying you want it done in the casino way it's been done in the past (ie Ashley to gamble and compete with Chelsea and Man City etc). Only the massive difference is he'd have to do that with his own money as opposed to borrowed money. Yawn tbh.

Which is Leazes prompt to say "who said anything about competing with Chelsea and Man City on spending?"..by which he thinks he's dealt adequately with the issue raised....only of course he hasn't because the original nebulous point is always premised on our massive size and potential...by which logic of course we should not only be competing with, but outspending Chelsea and Man City because our massive size and potential...is tacitly felt to be 'bigger' than theirs

Effectively no argument at all at the end of the day, just the internet equivalent of shouting slogans.

Edited by manc-mag

They have been grinding on about sovereign states all year, so im taking a laidback stance to see what they actually DO, instead of what they say and think.

Actions speak louder than words.

If they are serious about a push for top-5 next year too, they wont sell off our best players. Hopefully. I can accept one player sale though, to get 20+ mill in.

One thing is clear: you cant sell your spine every summer. We did this with barton nolan and carroll, and it turned out well.

Im not sure it will if we shift tiote, cabaye and Colo ....

Who/What is suggesting to you that we will??? Other than the doom mongering titheads of course??