Newcastle v Chelsea Sat 3rd Dec, 12.45pm - Sold out!

ChezGiven

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good like. Perch faired "ok" today to be fair to him, but he's no replacement for a long spell. I've honestly nee idea what he'll do with colo and Taylor out. but, we knew this was coming being so thin on the ground.

Mike Dean is a cheating cunt, plain and simple, they should have had 85 mins with ten men and it would have been a very different result. These are the sort of decisions that are a disgrace, after all the fuss over our pen at manu, that was just an honest mistake, it was a bad one but the linesman thought he'd seen a foul. He saw Ba was through on goal, he saw Luiz was last man, he saw it was a foul and he knows categorically its a red card, so he's a cheat. But because its us and not one of the "big 4" the ref won't be demoted and it won't be everywhere in the papers like the manu one was.

As for the game i agree whoever said Pardew made a rare mistake today in his tactics, he left Raylor who isn't a proper LB with Lovenkrands who isn't a winger to protect him, so they had a field day down that side at times and we were cut through the middle a bit to easilly as well.

Krul was top notch, he just gets better and better and its not just the saves, if you watch him he's always encouraging team mates or shouting at people when needed, he thinks fast like when Raylor slipped and he was out before chelsea had time to take advantage and he dominates his area.

If the news about Taylor is true and with Colo struggling we are in the shit, especially if Tiote continues to miss games.

Genuinely struggling to work out who's going to be available against Norwich.

Krul

R.Taylor Simpson Perch Santon

Obertan Cabaye Guthrie Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

that back line is fucking shit

Heart really sank when Perch entered the fray.

A severe blow that Colo had to go off.

Obertan is too easily dispossesd and bundled off the ball, his balls in aren't good enough.

Simpson's balls in are on a par with Obertan's. And he still does too much backing-up and allowing them into the box.

Raylor, enough said about his frailties as a left full-back. When will Pardoo wake up?

Saylor put in another good shift.

Guthrie had a decent game and will try to shoot from distance.

Cabye did alright but he needs to shoot from distance more often.

BenArfa was disappointing when I thought he would shine.

Ba did better and had some bad luck with his attempts on goal.

Lovenkrands didn't do too badly.

Shola & Sammy did about what I expected.

Krul proved again he is our No.1 keeper.

Disappointed we didn't get something from the match, we had enough chances but we didn't score and they did. No good crying about Luis not being sent off.

Beaten by a better team but we were somehow still in it as a contest even at 89 minutes. Credit to the lads on the field for that, really never do know when they're beaten. Tiote/Guti and(after 30 minutes) Colo missing we were always going to be weak for this. Completely shows the thinness of the squad but then we know that anyway in spite of the official soundbites to the contrary so we're not learning anything new. Echo what KSA said about tactics in the first half to a degree, but was overall more inclined to think positively of the fact the tactical change was made at half time and we competed well for it in the second.

Injuries are the obvious concern, I'm none too arsed about R Taylor getting exposed by the top teams (for instance) as we already know he's not the long term solution. Thought everyone grafted bar Overtan who continues to not want the ball in 95% of situations and needs to make way now imho and fight for a career from the bench.

Both are the exact opposite of the type of player the club will try to sign.

True, but I wonder if we could nab 'em on loan until the end of the season?