Newcastle v Chelsea Sat 3rd Dec, 12.45pm - Sold out!

ChezGiven

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck just wasnt on our side today - hit post/bar four times - one clearance off line and it clearly wasn't a Chelsea thrown in that lead to their 1st goal.

Saying Chelea did have their chances - Krul keep us in the game for much of it. Oustanding performance from the lad. We really missed Jonas, Peter never tracked back which gave Sturidge way too much space. As for Mata he just seemed to be everywhere - great player.

I hope Ashley now sees how weak our squad it - a few injuries and there is nothing on the bench.

Very worrying about Collo/Taylor.

Wow. We're in a bit of bother there. Been happy with Perch though. He doesn't hide despite his limitations.

We might have to call Tav back from Sheffield.

Regarding tactics/formation. They had an extra centre mid, you have to hope our formation would catch them out as if you try and match them man-for-man, theyre quality would beat us.

We played well in a very open game, hit the woodwork 3times, had one cleared off the line and should have been playing 10 men. We lost our best defender early on too.

Not bothered about the scoreline, Colo/Tayls are the biggest issue.

Horrible horrible day, more so because of the injuries than the game. We're really in for it now with the defensive crisis, time for Pardew to show just how good he really us.

Why the frick didnt Luiz get sent off? The refs in this league really are incredibly incompetent. We just didnt have any luck, Krul was brilliant, sad he ended up conceding three. Thought Guthrie and Cabaye did quite well. Obertan was shite again, he just doesnt know where to go with the ball. For all his pace he seems afraid to take on players to me and we all know about the delivery.I was shocked by the decision to take off HBA, we needed him when chasing the game and he looked so much more livelier than Obertan or lovelyhands.

Must mention Raylor again though. Its getting quite embarrassing to be honest. We've all listened to the arguments about not changing a winning team and all that but we aren't a winning team anymore and the team getting changed already anyway due to injuries. So much for that. And anyway, this guy is so incredibly bad he should have been replaced anyway. Fair enough not replacing him because of one bad game, but its painfully obvious he isnt even close to being premiership standard. The manager should be strong enough to make the call in such a situation. Not that it matters anymore, seems we are going to be seeing a lot more of him and Perch in the future. Lucky us!! :glare:

Disastrous day, largely due to the horrific injuries to our only two competent centre backs (who've been tremendous). The game would have been entirely different had Luiz been sent off, as he should have but our starting tactics were wrong. 4-3-3 didn't work, we were overran in the middle and Sturridge in particular continually cut through our backline behind Raylor who had no cover. Second half was much better back at 4-4-2 but we saw just how much we miss Jonas today. I reckon if he, Colo and Tiote had been playing in a 4-4-2 we'd have got something from the game. It'd be tempting to consider the good run is over now with our two centre backs out, but we have some favourable fixtures coming up & hopefully Jonas and Tiote coming back. We need Perch and whoever else to stand up and be counted.

I'm Puzzled.

Perch came to us as a full-back. Santon came to us as a full-back.

Why does Pardoo seem to prefer Perch and not give Santon any playing time?

Is Perch looking better in practice?

With Lovenkrands replacing Jonas the right side was wide open all game long. Couldn't Pardoo see that and try to adjust in some way?

Why didn't Pardoo start Santon at left-back and have Raylor or Gosling in front of him?

I've been of the opinion that Raylor was doing a good enough job to overlook the fact that he plainly isn't a left back - I think today just proved that our defensive solidity owes a lot more to Jonas than it does to him. I honestly think we would have won today if Jonas had been playing.

Losing today pales into insignificance compared to the injuries to Collo and Saylor though, our best 11 can give anyone a game, a couple of injuries and my confidence is shot

Next week will be very interesting.

Also add me to the people who will be very surprised to see Tiote ever play in black and white again

I really dont know why we didnt start with Sammy instead of McLovin. McLovin wasnt as bad as Obertan, but Sammys pace and energy would of been more use. McLovin did nothing to help out Raylor at all.

Perch was raped by Drogba, time after time. Please pray Williamson is back ASAP with Saylor out.

I'd sooner give Kadar a chance rather than rush Williamson straight back into the side after his injury. He's not going to be match fit, and even when he is he's not particularly good. Kadar we don't know, and I doubt we'll have a better opportunity to find out.

The reserves generally train with the first team don't they?

Either way Kadar is always involved in first team training sessions, and appears to do alright at reserve level. Yet Pardew does not give him a chance. Of course he might just feel that he wants more experienced options like Perch on the bench.

Simpson can't play centre he's played there before for the last twenty minutes of a game, can't remember which, but he was absolutely clueless.

Raylor same story. He's not even a fullback let alone a central defender.

Kadar must play. He's looked okay in the few games he has had and I haven't seen him for awhile so hopefully hes improved a bit aswell.

Colo has to be fit. There is literally no other option.

All I can say is thank fuck we have Norwich next week. They are terrible, and a nice 5-1 thumping from Man City where they essentially were playing a back 7 for the part of the match that I saw (30 minutes or so) should dent their confidence nicely. Hopefully they're a bit deflated next week and we can hit them early and then hold on.

Its such bad timing that we are now coming upto a string of games that on current form we should win and lose both of our centre backs. Such a shit.

Maybe because Ba hadn't the ball under control?

Its so early on too.

Did you just make that rule up?

Pardew said: "The referee said to me at half-time that he did not have control of the ball and I am not quite sure of the rule book so need to get that out and have a look at it. I don’t understand that rule because there seems to be some clarity about that rule.

"If you have got a goal-scoring opportunity and the defender brings you down from behind you go off. There was no man covering so I don’t understand.

Tavernier might get called into action before too long.

Kadar (central/LB), Ferguson (LB) and Tav (RB, central as well I think) are supposedly genuine prospects with question marks over the other youth/reserve defenders. I really want to see them given a chance but I appreciate Pardew prefers experience and sticking with a settled team.

And of course there's Santon.

Edited by Tecato