The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope that pardew's words of praise are genuine and that he does find room for him in the team. ben arfa can frustrate but there's magic in his boots - he can do things the rest of our players can't. he just needs to play the easy ball a bit more often and not try to do it all on his own every time. some of the skill he showed yesterday and the willing to take on players was a breat of fresh air.

Tell all of those stats to the Dembas.

If they make you feel like we have a very creative left winger then good for you. I just see the same old lack of chances being created game after game.

We all know he's a good lad and works his nuts off but people really need to stop pretending he's some wing wizard.

For a team that has the spine that we have, quality of midfield and two quality strikers it is criminal that we are playing the way we are.

With better wing play we would be slaughtering the likes of Wolves and Sunderland.

Better wing play from who though? Obertan?

Anyone who can get the ball into a dangerous area as Cabaye did for the goal yesterday.

Maybe it's as simple as Ant says and playing Ben Arfa there and maybe Jonas would cross better playing on the right.

Not sure what's so funny about that post? Seems pretty close to the truth and why, so far, he can't tie down a starting place.

Would you rather have Larsson like?

Don't know a lot about him.

His season stats say 9 goals and 8 assists in a shit side so maybe he would do even better here?

If they make you feel like we have a very creative left winger then good for you. I just see the same old lack of chances being created game after game.

We all know he's a good lad and works his nuts off but people really need to stop pretending he's some wing wizard.

For a team that has the spine that we have, quality of midfield and two quality strikers it is criminal that we are playing the way we are.

With better wing play we would be slaughtering the likes of Wolves and Sunderland.

Give it a rest. Desperate for attention iyam.

You can't blame the wingers for our display against Wolves. Our tactics didn't involve going down the flanks, it was just hit it long to Ba and Cisse.

I don't think he understands Jonny.

NUFC_Stats ‏ @NUFC_Stats

HBA: Att 3 | On target 1 | Passes 24/26 | Att 3rd 12/14 | Crosses 2 | Take ons 7/10 | Corners 1/1 #nufc #magician

NUFC_Stats ‏ @NUFC_Stats

HBA completed 7 of his attempted 10 take ons today - next best was McLean with 2/6 #nufc

NUFC_Stats ‏ @NUFC_Stats

Despite only playing 1 half, Hatem Ben Arfa made the same number of successful passes (24) as SAFC's top 2 passers (Gard & Bard) #nufc

Back on topic, has anyone got any video of the brilliant bit of jiggery pokery where Ben Arfa left em for dead just inside the box?

I may have built it up in my head, but I'm pretty sure he went into the matrix, activated bullet time and kicked the ball with both feet at the same time :lol:

i'm pretty sure i know the bit you're talking about. i'd like to see it too if anyone's got a link to a vid...

Back on topic, has anyone got any video of the brilliant bit of jiggery pokery where Ben Arfa left em for dead just inside the box?

I may have built it up in my head, but I'm pretty sure he went into the matrix, activated bullet time and kicked the ball with both feet at the same time :lol:

i'm pretty sure i know the bit you're talking about. i'd like to see it too if anyone's got a link to a vid...

He bends the quantum time loops of the matrix (reality as you muppets call it) to his will. :)

i think he was actually close to the touchline. he wrong footed 2 defenders by rolling the ball out, then back, then out again then. It was actually unbelievable.

i think he was actually close to the touchline. he wrong footed 2 defenders by rolling the ball out, then back, then out again then. It was actually unbelievable.

Watched it on MOTD2 on V+ when I got in from work tonight. It was a thing of beauty.

Hatem is that rare thing, only ocassionally caught in the the big collider in Swissland, he is the quantum moment. He is very close to stopping time. He is infact outside of time. Let him exist. Let him breathe. Let us understand this thing....Wherever it might lead us.

Hatem is that rare thing, only ocassionally caught in the the big collider in Swissland, he is the quantum moment. He is very close to stopping time. He is infact outside of time. Let him exist. Let him breathe. Let us understand this thing....Wherever it might lead us.

Pardew has him chomping at the bit, if he kicks on from here i will be giving Pardew massive praise as its a new period in Hatem's career. If he makes this work, after the injuries he's had and the clear adaptations to his game required to fit into our current system, then the manager will deserve a lot of praise. We've seen enough to know it might not work out for him, so making it happen will not be a straightforward task. I'm still confident because the player clearly has the desire to make it work, which we all saw yesterday.

he's got a great talent. You should try to accommodate him somehow. I said to my mate yesterday, he should start all games in that right wide position. I don't know if he likes it or prefers to play there, but the position is his if he wants it, if he is on his game then great, if he isn't then sub him. Is he an erratic genius ? He seems to be. But we should be starting him more now.

Completely agree. I'm sure he wants to play in the centre but much like we did with Barton I'd think he is the best option we have for the right.

Fair point actually Ant. Though I'm not sure how suited defensively Santon and Ben Arfa would be on the same wing.

Then again, there is an argument to move Jonas and Santon to the right, HBA to the left with a new LB.

Jonas is the best option for the right, the former right winger who is right footed

Ben Arfa the former left winger/LF with the left foot should be on the left

The only counterpoint to that I think worth mentioning is this:

Daft as it might sound, we have a very narrow pitch at SJP. If you're carrying the ball on the wing and you're cutting inside (as typically happens when you're on your 'wrong' foot), you're literally in the penalty area within a couple of strides. Defenders can't afford to make a tackle by that stage. It's potentially an absolutely golden position for the kid at home.