The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half as many games this season as last.

Averaged 14 games a season in the league for the past 3 years. 17 in all competitions.

Average was 30 league appearances a season in the 3 years before that in France, 44 in all competitions.

Would love to see him play more often...made of glass though.

we need to somehow get a full season out of him. why is it that when we sign genuinely world class players, they end up crocked all the time? just our bastard luck :angry2:

Half as many games this season as last.

Averaged 14 games a season in the league for the past 3 years. 17 in all competitions.

Average was 30 league appearances a season in the 3 years before that in France, 44 in all competitions.

Would love to see him play more often...made of glass though.

Bit harsh really when he had his leg broken and his Achilles hacked at. So it's not like they are injuries picked up like Steven Taylor has done.

Something seems wrong with the way this injury has come about.

Against Fulham he scores a fucking screamer, plays well. Subbed out and jogs off the pitch looking a bit tired. Then we find out he's out for months. Then he's brought back and played on that shitty rubber pitch in Russia in -0 temperatures, again gets subbed off (seemingly)without any issue and we're told it's a surgery/months out scenario.

Something seems wrong with the way this injury has come about.

Against Fulham he scores a fucking screamer, plays well. Subbed out and jogs off the pitch looking a bit tired. Then we find out he's out for months. Then he's brought back and played on that shitty rubber pitch in Russia in -0 temperatures, again gets subbed off (seemingly)without any issue and we're told it's a surgery/months out scenario.

it might be similar to the one that kept cabaye out for a while this season.

something not serious but that will require surgery to correct so it doesnt keep niggling.

Massive difference between wantaway player jetting home for weeks on end and player who's made no such demands repeating previous behaviour in getting treatment at Clairefontaine.

"Unforgiveable" man. It's a bit ignorant, especially for one who works with people who suffer because of their mental issues.

What has my job got To do with Ben Arfa not wanting to play football? That's a bigger stretch than your hairline David. Stick to watching telly in your tartan pyjamas at work

Edited by TheRollingStones

What has my job got To do with Ben Arfa not wanting to play football? That's a bigger stretch than your hairline David. Stick to watching telly in your tartan pyjamas at work

:lol:

Got me right where it hurts...

Bit harsh really when he had his leg broken and his Achilles hacked at. So it's not like they are injuries picked up like Steven Taylor has done.

He's got the recovery time of a brittle boned biddy.

I can't help but start to think if a good (and I mean anything from £15m upwards) offer came in for HBA it'd be worth cashing in. As much as he's a class act he really doesn't play enough games, regardless of who's fault his injuries are.

I can't help but start to think if a good (and I mean anything from £15m upwards) offer came in for HBA it'd be worth cashing in. As much as he's a class act he really doesn't play enough games, regardless of who's fault his injuries are.

How could his value treble when he's aged 3 years and had serious injuries every one of those years?

This shit really fucks me off. It's been happening for years as well - how many times was Bellamy out for three weeks, came back, broke down and then its "oh he needs an op and will be out for six weeks".

Fuck this heading off to France shit as well - as soon as a player is injured they should be shipped off to see Steadman or his hamstring/groin equivalent and put an end to this fucking amateur shite.

What's your point?

I guess my point, now that you ask, is wondering how his time here will be compared / pigeon holed compared to others who have come before him.

Personally I think he'll be away in the summer for a fresh start given what he probably feels has been a blighted 3 years with us.

Sad but sometimes the way it goes.

Edited by Christmas Tree

If he left tomorrow, I would remember him as one of the most talented players I've ever seen in black and white.

I feel he has unfinished business though, and the relatively small number of games he's played for us tarnishes my view of him somewhat.

At times our physio/medical setup seems comical, how many fucking times has it happened over the years, and how does anyone think

"i know what's a good idea for a player coming back from a long term injury, aye a frozen night in Russia on an artificial pitch, that'll ease em in nicely"

It was a stupid decision really, could have easily played anyone in that position really as he never affected the game in any way.