The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt our medical staff are total amateurs, given the jeopardy for getting it wrong. Maybe it wasn't obvious what would happen. Sometimes shit happens, as frustrating as it is. Let's hope he gets completely right so he have a decent season next time around.

This shit really fucks me off. It's been happening for years as well - how many times was Bellamy out for three weeks, came back, broke down and then its "oh he needs an op and will be out for six weeks".

Fuck this heading off to France shit as well - as soon as a player is injured they should be shipped off to see Steadman or his hamstring/groin equivalent and put an end to this fucking amateur shite.

It's not amateur shite, it's professional shite, surgery is always a last resort if natural healing could work..

I doubt our medical staff are total amateurs, given the jeopardy for getting it wrong. Maybe it wasn't obvious what would happen. Sometimes shit happens, as frustrating as it is. Let's hope he gets completely right so he have a decent season next time around.

Pardew said he'd trained fully for the two weeks before, passed all the tests, HBA and the medical staff all thought he was OK.

Hearing rumours that the injury is as a result of scar tissue from a previous injury. Potentially much more complicated to fix. Worst case is he never plays again.

Not sure I believe he could be finished....

How could his value treble when he's aged 3 years and had serious injuries every one of those years?

Well I guess for starters he's improved as a player, though to be honest I was thinking more about Lolerpool sniffing around him and what we could potentially get from them lot - talk of a swap deal with Carroll was also mentioned in the media recently.

Still can't get my head around the obsession with bringing Carroll back. His injury record is far from the best either and based on the way he leads his lifestyle I wouldn't have him anywhere near here.

I think had Carroll stayed he would have grown into a better player - more well rounded but he's been pigeon holed since moving. I would have him back if he was cheap but I wouldn't want to build a team around him.

Still can't get my head around the obsession with bringing Carroll back. His injury record is far from the best either and based on the way he leads his lifestyle I wouldn't have him anywhere near here.

I agree.....I think the swap thing's an invention of the press......and the evolution of the team suggests he's not the sort of striker we'd be interested in anyway (unless he was available for a bargain price, which LUFC wouldn't swallow)

I think Liverpool would rather let him rot than sell for what I would want us to pay for him.

I don't think they'll see much of their money back either way. I'm doubtful WHU will shell out top dollar for him.

I don't want to see us return to using that type of centre forward, especially with the players we now have. Would be a backwards step. If we're looking for a more rounded centre forward I'd rather we spent the money on somebody like Bony who comes without the baggage.

Plus you have to factor in the development of Campbell too.

Campbell looked great & he's not a bell end which is always a plus.

I expect his idea of conditioning isn't a rake of booze followed by a McDonald's either......

I'd definitely not want to take Carroll back until he was behaving himself off the pitch, imposing himself on the pitch and scoring the goals that would push him back into the bracket of players we don't go for.

So it's a moot point for me; He'd have to be a lot better for us to go for & if he were to be, the nature of English player valuation and strikers in particular, he'd be so over-priced we'd not go for him anyway.